Savage lead with Sith Trooper

My Sith Trooper is sitting around 34% defence. With his unique that goes to 68%, and with Savage's leader you get another 17%, for a total of 85%. With 50% defence up during the battle, shouldn't his defence be 127.5%, making him untouchable? What am I doing wrong here?

Replies

• TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    127%+ deff don't make him invincible but harder to kill, say his defense is 1000, with that extra amount he would have 2270 def but heavy hitters do for 20k or more, so that would only make the opponents hit iou for 1270 hit points less that without defense gain
    EDIT: it would be different If it was 127% damage reduction, that would make him untouchable ^_^
  • Octavian
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You do not consider diminishing. Each next percent of damage reduction requires more defence
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    My Sith Trooper is sitting around 34% defence. With his unique that goes to 68%, and with Savage's leader you get another 17%, for a total of 85%. With 50% defence up during the battle, shouldn't his defence be 127.5%, making him untouchable? What am I doing wrong here?

Savage lead (maxed) gives him 75% defense
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    There is no way to mitigate all damage and also keep in mind, different toons have different amounts of armor penetration as well as attacks that ignore armor and/or do damage based on max health.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options
    TofuMao wrote: »
    127%+ deff don't make him invincible but harder to kill, say his defense is 1000, with that extra amount he would have 2270 def but heavy hitters do for 20k or more, so that would only make the opponents hit iou for 1270 hit points less that without defense gain
    EDIT: it would be different If it was 127% damage reduction, that would make him untouchable ^_^

I think it's worth expanding on this.

Defense is a stat which ranges from 0 to infinity. This is the stat that is being increased by 127%.

Defense is used to calculate damage reduction, which is 0% at 0 and approaches 100% asymptotically (meaning it reaches 100% at infinity, in a non-linear manner). Calculating it all out would be difficult at best. It's easier to use clues the devs have given us about how much it is worth: in mods, 10% health seems interchangeable with 10% defense. So each ~1% increase in defense is worth ~1% increase in health.

127% increased health would be pretty awesome, and **** near untouchable.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team