Speed madness

Naw
969 posts Member
By now everyone is used to the idea that only (mostly?) speed matters.

Still the creators manage to surprise us with this stuff.

Does anyone know on which alternate reality of Star Wars this game is based?

I simply do not understand why R2 is one of the fastest toons in the game while e.g. both Ahsoka Tano and Darth Maul should re-think their career choices; quick they are not. Have the devs even seen the movies? :)

Can't wait for C3PO, the fastest being in the universe!

It's sad to have painted yourself to a corner, when the only way to make a toon interesting is to give them speed over others.

Would we see R2 everywhere if its base speed was 95?

(And yes I do have a 7* R2 soon at glvl 10 with one third of the mods in place, I simply find it amusing that the third most slowest .. being? in the saga is one of the fastest in the game

Replies

• Options
    Really r2 is the third slowest in saga, I would love to know who number one and number two is. I'm guessing you never saw RotJ cause I'm guessing the the entire race of Ewoks are slower than r2. Just my option I could be wrong.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely agree it doesn't fit canon. Speed is so important too that modding is actually kinda boring. Saw a P4 HAAT solo clear and a bunch of crit damage set mods with offense secondaries were used....they were great mods and because he didn't see speed all over someone called them garbage. Of course he had to say "except Cody" because naturally Cody needs speed to take advantage of spamming his 212th attack and tm gain. Nonetheless its sad that the person seeing it (a little aloof as they may have been) didn't even stop to think about the merits of the mod (which obviously have merit), because all he could see was that they didn't have speed...
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Technically R2 has jet boosters. I'm like 99.98% sure he flies faster than any humanoid species in the saga.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    R2 should be able to launch lightsabers at people...
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Really r2 is the third slowest in saga, I would love to know who number one and number two is. I'm guessing you never saw RotJ cause I'm guessing the the entire race of Ewoks are slower than r2. Just my option I could be wrong.

I would disagree about the ewoks being slower (although that may depend on terrain). C3PO is definitely slower. Gonk droid is probably the #1 slowest though.
  • Options
    Just wait til Jabba the Hut is released. I heard 200 base speed when geared.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Han in carbonite.... slower than R2.
  • HansSnah
    77 posts Member
    Options
    I you are worried about realism, this game is not for you. For example: How in the world can anyone but a Sith or another Jedi kill Mace Windu? Yet he is one of the biggest weaklings in the game!
  • Options
    My friend has Star Wars Monopoly, he was using the Yoda token but managed to buy the Death Star square. That's not possible, so we've complained to the creators.

The game isn't canon. Why do so many people struggle to grasp that incredibly basic concept?

• Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    If we were to talk about speed "realism" of characters then there are more than R2 to think about.
    Leia, Nute, HR Scout, all too fast.
    Then Maul, Asajj, Ashoka, Grevious, all too slow.

• Options
    R2 has an extremely fast processing speed that allows him to act quicker than carbon-based life forms. With all the stuff that isn't realistic in this game, I have way less of a problem with this one.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    My friend has Star Wars Monopoly, he was using the Yoda token but managed to buy the Death Star square. That's not possible, so we've complained to the creators.

The game isn't canon. Why do so many people struggle to grasp that incredibly basic concept?

And that is a weak argument.

My point is that once again the devs managed to create an over the top character by not only giving R2 synergy with practically everyone but also by making it one of the fastest toons in the game.

• VinnyG
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Did you miss the part during the tutorial that says you are playing games in a cantina and your charachters are cards. You can gear them up and mod them however you see fit. If you have the hots for Jabba, you could mod him up to 200+ speed if you desire. The power is in your hands on how to develop charachters
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    VinnyG wrote: »
    Did you miss the part during the tutorial that says you are playing games in a cantina and your charachters are cards. You can gear them up and mod them however you see fit. If you have the hots for Jabba, you could mod him up to 200+ speed if you desire. The power is in your hands on how to develop charachters

Okay, I'll bite.

I put mods worth +100 to Maul and mods worth +50 to R2. Now they have equal speeds.

I know, let's switch the mods, as I have the power. Now R2 has 100 more speed than Maul.

Can't wait for adult Ahsoka. The teenager got what, 99, because she's quick and gives lots of evasion, so it only makes sense for the adult to have 150 base speed.

These choices are nobrainers.
  • Options
    We all know GG is the fastest...all that running away gave him plenty of speed training (also why I hate him. Cause trouble and run away. (He always reminds me of those little imps in golden axe bonus stages that could drop food or magic pots, lame but always running)
  • Options
    Light speed is fastest.
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Light speed is fastest.

Disagree.

fimzm.gif
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Light speed is fastest.

Disagree.

fimzm.gif

According to Fast and the Furious 15, it's spelled Ludacris.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »
    By now everyone is used to the idea that only (mostly?) speed matters.

Still the creators manage to surprise us with this stuff.

Does anyone know on which alternate reality of Star Wars this game is based?

I simply do not understand why R2 is one of the fastest toons in the game while e.g. both Ahsoka Tano and Darth Maul should re-think their career choices; quick they are not. Have the devs even seen the movies? :)

Can't wait for C3PO, the fastest being in the universe!

It's sad to have painted yourself to a corner, when the only way to make a toon interesting is to give them speed over others.

Would we see R2 everywhere if its base speed was 95?

(And yes I do have a 7* R2 soon at glvl 10 with one third of the mods in place, I simply find it amusing that the third most slowest .. being? in the saga is one of the fastest in the game

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/895440/#Comment_895440
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

It is also worth noting that our game is decidedly NOT cannon. Galaxy of Heroes is a game within a game.

• Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Scuba, I'll give this one more go.

There must be another way for the devs to make a toon appealing to use. They started by having synergy between the toons, then apparently forgot the lesson of Chaze by giving us R2.

Baseline for speed is no longer around 100 but it's much higher. Chopper has a speed around 150 at glvl 7, the assassin droids have 120 at glvl 11. There's no explanation to this other than speed creep: A slow toon will not sell.

I understand that the game must evolve for people to keep playing but by concentrating on the speed they are limiting their options in the future.

Color me surprised if the adult Ahsoka didn't turn up having her speed at QGJ/JKA level or even as quick as Yoda.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    HansSnah wrote: »
    I you are worried about realism, this game is not for you. For example: How in the world can anyone but a Sith or another Jedi kill Mace Windu? Yet he is one of the biggest weaklings in the game!

What about story where grandmaster of jedi is able to kill OHKO by triple shot from rebel pilot? lol
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    HansSnah wrote: »

What about story where grandmaster of jedi is able to kill OHKO by triple shot from rebel pilot? lol

One of those pilots is famous for flying up to the Death Star and getting his ship blown up also...
  • Options
    GuanIsHere wrote: »
    We all know GG is the fastest...all that running away gave him plenty of speed training (also why I hate him. Cause trouble and run away. (He always reminds me of those little imps in golden axe bonus stages that could drop food or magic pots, lame but always running)

Yeah I did not really like how they changed the appearance of General Grievous, not in this game, in general. In the very first Clone Wars movie ( not the one which was followed by the TV series) he was an absolute beast, and then they changed him into a total coward.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »
    Scuba, I'll give this one more go.

There must be another way for the devs to make a toon appealing to use. They started by having synergy between the toons, then apparently forgot the lesson of Chaze by giving us R2.

Baseline for speed is no longer around 100 but it's much higher. Chopper has a speed around 150 at glvl 7, the assassin droids have 120 at glvl 11. There's no explanation to this other than speed creep: A slow toon will not sell.

I understand that the game must evolve for people to keep playing but by concentrating on the speed they are limiting their options in the future.

Color me surprised if the adult Ahsoka didn't turn up having her speed at QGJ/JKA level or even as quick as Yoda.

My sharing of that comment was, don't expect lore to drive this game. Yes there is some with ability names and factions but that is about it. There is so many things in this game that are now where near lore/canon and the dev's have told us it is not supposed to be.

Sadly the two things that can destroy a good character kit is lack of health and lack of speed. Look at Krennic and Deathtrooper if you look at the kits (abilities) only they seem excellent. You then go to use them and they are horrid. Krennic lacks speed and health, Death trooper is not as bad because he gets the Speed up because of his unique TM gain. This is a turn based game and the more turns/actions you make the better you are going to do. Now do they all need super speed stat? No because there are other things that can help that out, by giving them TM gain or out of turn action. Look at Baze, currently the slowest character in the game, his counter attacks from retribution and chirruit unique and his TM gain from unique help he perform more actions making up for his lack of speed.

Lead abilities like Rex or maul also help slower characters make up for the lack of speed.

On the other side of that just because a character is fast doesn't mean they are the "best"
    TFP, Dooku, Leia, Rey, Jyn, Zam, Sid, R2, Yoda, nute are the top 10 base speed characters in the game yet how many teams do you see with leia, Zam, or nute do you see? Even Rey, and Jyn are not used that much.

Even before mods speed was king even with mods speed is still king. IMO mods should have had a negative effect on stats to offset the positive, Speed goes up then offense goes down or something like that.

I would love to start seeing speed reduction lead abilities. However it seems in this game Seems the dev's perfer character boosting leads over character stat reducing.

Hopefully they come up with something but speed will stay king most likely.
  • Options
    I'd be happy if all characters could be speeded up +50 via mods, but if you go over that then they weakened in some way. So ultra fast means ultra weak. It would mean modding would be far more strategic.
  • Options
    i refuse to follow this "cheap shot" of speed. that's not a strategy. there's no skill in being the fastest.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Scuba, excellent post and really describes the state of the game. They need to figure a way out of this, it's already started to get old.

Your proposal that e.g. speed offsets offense is a good one, I thought they normalized speed vs damage in the past but it didn't work out at all.

Btw, I wasn't so much off here, adult Ahsoka has 148 speed max geared.