[RESOLVED] Thread about Ventress' rampage ability

Nonemo
1656 posts Member
edited February 2016
EDIT: as per the coming update, this issue has been flagged to be fixed. Thanks devs! Much love!

I've had Ventress at 7* max gear for the longest time. Love the toon.

In the new update a bug with her Strike fear ability is getting fixed. All good. But the biggest issue remained entirely unaddressed. This has been brought up many times now.

Ventress does not gain ATK up and armour piercing for her own kills. Still, she needs to kill things herself to reset her cooldowns as intended. This makes her a lot less worthy as a hero since her two next abilities are conflicting with each other.

Can we please have at least a statement that this is either

A) working as intended
B) not working as intended
(And if B, whether there are at least plans to fix this at some point)

I want to use Ventress again :(
Post edited by Nonemo on

Replies

• Options
    I suspect this happening because the game adds the buff right before her turn ends.
    If that's the case, then its a very easy bug to fix. I was sad to see it not included in the patch notes :/
  • Timba
    61 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    What CPMP says is true. I've noticed it on my own Asajj.

Look closely when she finishes off things herself, you get the text saying the buffs are applied, but immediately after the turn ends, her buffs are being removed faster than they can show up.

It is just a simple logic fix to move the buff application after the turn has ended, but may affect balance for other characters if applied globally.
    Timba ~ f2p since October ~ on LINE timba_timba ~ [FTB]

• Options
    You're absolutely right. This happens a lot when characters with debuff effects on their skills counter an enemy who just attacked. The effect is funny. The enemy gets stunned/slowed/etc for a fraction of a second, then returns to normal. This may be working as intended but it sure adds unnecessary visual noise to the battles.
  • Eightys
    210 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is another bug that's getting ridiculous, it's so easy to test and see it's not working but they just fail to address it, why?!

Dooku and Aayla's debuffs from counter attacks don't apply correctly either.

I think it's time these get fixed.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Bumping this thread hoping for some kind of response.
  • Options
    My Ventress is healing herself now, with her main strike, similar to Talia, can't complain...
    But why her ability Nightsisters swiftness not working on Arena yet??? Love it on GW, fix it for Arena too.
  • Options
    Also another thing that i believe it gets messed with enemy turns :

-Count Dooku attacks Old Daka.
    -Old Daka dies.
    -Count Dooku gains bonus attack.
    -Old Daka revives.
    -Count Dooku fires off his bonus attack.
    -Old Daka dies again.

This happened in GW battle. The thing is that Dooku gets turn meter like crazy so i can't be 100% sure that it was his bonus attack that killed Daka again, or his turn came normally. Anyone experienced something similar?
  • Options
    Game is completely screwed right now...
  • Options
    Her ai got even dumber with cleanse move changes as well.

It self heals even without needing to dispel. So she will use it if she is low now wasting her one 86 speed turn just healing herself when her aoe or basic would heal herself anyway!! SMH!!
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Bumpity
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Bumping this thread again since this is a long-standing issue and ppl keep talking about it in the forums.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Here's how well Asajj's "Strike Fear" ability has been bug-fixed: when I face her in GW, I always kill something else first and then deliberately try to avoid stunning her, since I know she will waste her first turn dispelling her own Offense Up buff.
    That's some mighty fine work there, guys. ;)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, that's so funny ^^ love when the AI does that. So, yeah, there are still multiple issues with Ventress imho.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's sad but I almost feel like everyone might as well just chalk up Ventress as a loss and move on because I get this feeling that CG can't fix many of their issues, Ventress being one of them. I think they'll leave her broken and pray people forget about her and the wasted time and resources spent building her...
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna speculate about that. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to rework this. For now, I'll just bump this thread to hopefully let them know that there's an issue. Since this isn't yet on their sticky list of known issues.
  • Options
    This totally needs to be addressed.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Bumping his thread again. Any answer, at least an update that this is confirmed as an issue or that it's working as intended, would be very appreciated.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Just posting here to say that Jesse just let us know that Rampage will get fixed and buffed in the coming update! Yay!
  • Options
    Nothing on Nightsisters swiftness ?