Thrawn kit idea

TheDarthKnight
180 posts Member
edited May 2017
Thrawn
Basic: deal physical damage to target enemy, dealing 20% more damage for each rebel enemy. This attack cannot trigger auto taunts
Special: deal special damage to all enemies and deal 10% more damage for each buff on the target enemy.
Special: Dispel all debuffs from all allies and put these debuffs on the target enemy
Special: (6 turn cooldown) refresh all imperial cooldowns and grant each imperial ally 5% turn meter for the amount of turns left on the cool down. This ability's cooldown cannot be reduced
Leader: Imperial allies' debuffs cannot be resisted or cleansed. If an imperial ally has a buff dispelled, they heal 15% health

Any thoughts?
"Because I'm Batman"-me
Post edited by TheDarthKnight on

Replies

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I like the debuff. The basic sounds pretty cool, but Empire already has a ton of synergy against rebels, and might be more versatile utilizing debuffs for extra damage like the first special. Also, his first special is a bit vague. How much bonus damage are we doing (basedamage+basedamage(numdebuffs×10/100))

His leader ability sounds really overpowered by the way. No resist or cleanse? That's a bit much.
  • Mitchell_13
    201 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    As usual with these user made kits, it's OP
  • Options
    Yeah, I worded that ability weirdly. I'll fix it
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options

Not when compared to Chaze, GK, Nihilus, and Zaul lead
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options

They are all beatable. All have multiple counters and lack in a few areas (Baze speed, chirrut health, DN speed, etc). Your Thrawn kit (along with everyone who makes these kits) tries to be a counter to each and every great character. One character shouldn't be able to counter 4 or 5 of the top characters, which are in different factions.
  • TheDarthKnight
    180 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

They are all beatable. All have multiple counters and lack in a few areas (Baze speed, chirrut health, DN speed, etc). Your Thrawn kit (along with everyone who makes these kits) tries to be a counter to each and every great character. One character shouldn't be able to counter 4 or 5 of the top characters, which are in different factions.

So Chaze and cleansers are ALL of the top characters?
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options

They are some of the top characters for sure. I'm not sure what your point is. Put it this way: the OP leader ability takes out cleansers and tenacity up ppl (Rex, GK, Chirrut aka 3 different factions. His AOE that does some crazy damage takes out high health characters (DN, Baze, Zader, etc). And then his basic will take our rebels (for those who are running wiggs chaze +1). And finally, Jedi, who rely heavily on buffs, are destroyed by Thrawn bc of his special ability dealing extra damage for buffs on enemy. That's the entire meta and every team comp.
  • Options
    To make him less OP, make his abilities strong against one or two factions. Not 5 or 6.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    i think it would be cool if thrawn could disable an opponents leader ability for a turn or 2, might be too op tho...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Why not just say "one character kit to shutdown Rex lead triple cleanse team that has synergy with empire."
  • TheDarthKnight
    180 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

They are some of the top characters for sure. I'm not sure what your point is. Put it this way: the OP leader ability takes out cleansers and tenacity up ppl (Rex, GK, Chirrut aka 3 different factions. His AOE that does some crazy damage takes out high health characters (DN, Baze, Zader, etc). And then his basic will take our rebels (for those who are running wiggs chaze +1). And finally, Jedi, who rely heavily on buffs, are destroyed by Thrawn bc of his special ability dealing extra damage for buffs on enemy. That's the entire meta and every team comp.

You forget that resistance and First order easily outspeed empire and don't rely on buffs. The rest of the clones +zody outspeeds them and doesn't rely on buffs, troopers,Darth nihilus, and even zaul (to a lesser extent) are basically uneffected by Thrawn. Jedi would also be able to immediately dodge if you tried it the aoe first turn, and by then the damage is done, and Thrawn would likely be dead
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    Yes but how many zResistance teams are there? Answer: not many. In fact, none in my shard. And clones with zody? Nobody runs that in arena. By your logic, the nightsisters are faster than Thrawn so they are better. And Thrawn doesn't deal with stealth, so are ewoks better than him too?