Are people still angry/displeased with the Barriss nerf?

I've seen instances of "Barriss-gate" pop up in Poe discussions, saying that nerfing poe runs the risk of repeating what happened to barriss. It was pretty clear that some people were still vividly remembering the wounds dealt on that day. I'm pretty sure I began playing after barriss got nerfed so I don't understand how badly she was nerfed. Is the majority of people still mad about "Barriss-gate" but Poe just took the spotlight, or are those still angry about it just a vocal minority?

I'm just curious and in no way do I want to provoke an attack on anyone, though I have to say Barriss still looks very useful in LS missions for me.
Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion

Replies

• Options
    Barriss is still extremely useful, despite her nerf...but then again I have her appropriately geared and leveled.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I only run her in GW until about node 5 or 6 when I start hitting 7* fotp, QGJ, Leia, Poe, GS teams. Then she gets dumped for being as useless as she is. She's currently at 5* and I'll 7* her simply for the upcoming challenge. But with garbage damage, no utility outside her "heal", and long cd she has no real place outside easy content where that 5th spot doesn't matter as much.
  • Options
    It dont run the risk of nothing Poe is OP. Super OP, Ridiculously OP, You stick poe with 3 droids & poggle & you can beat guys 5000 power level higher then you. There is no Poe Gate the difference between Poe & Bariss Poe was given to us as a gift when the force awakens released, Bariss had to be bought so players who paid 60 were infuriated about it. Poe needs a nerf, Dont really care if people cry about it because hes OP there is no diversity everybody is slowly switching to a poe droid team. & at this point there is no definitive counter, for poe maybe if you stun him on the first turn but even then poggle will activate his buff & the droids will still hit for 5000+ damage even without poes expose. Poe should be slowed down, Or his abilities should be lessened.
  • Options
    Barriss is great for leveling up but once you get Lumi, it's no comparison; Lumi destroys her with healing. Barriss is not viable for high level arena.
  • Options
    Barriss was out performing all healers and even most peoples damage output. The main problem was people spent money to gain a character that pretty much guaranteed your team would win.
  • Options
    For Arena, agreed...but Barriss consistently saves me in the GW with her healing immunity disregard. There is no other healer than can do what she does except maybe Ackbar, who I think is underrated....but for me, Barriss still gets a spot in my GW rotation. Yes, her damage is utterly laughable, but beyond that even placing her as leader with her health and heal bonuses has been good in a pinch. Luminara is fantastic, there's no denying...but she is crippled like everyone else is if your team is on Heal Immunity.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Barriss is extreme usefull, however I still think they nerfed her to the extreem, she's no longer a strong healer as the descriped, somthing they could fix by change her heal% from there health to her health, but she is the only health equalizer in the game, that makes her wery use full against toons with heal block
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Suikoden wrote: »
    Barriss is great for leveling up but once you get Lumi, it's no comparison; Lumi destroys her with healing. Barriss is not viable for high level arena.
    Lol.
    I have her And always top 3 since 2 month. On a has server .
    Curious How people speak without knowîgknowing the truth .

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    She needs a little buff imo. Something that could get her back in arena. I have no idea what it should be. Maybe buff her heal a bit or give her main attack more damage. I honestly think that even if she was restored to her former self she would still be a rare site in the top 100 but at least she would be seen. All I use her for now is GW. I honestly think that she was only OP if you were a mid level player. Kinda like Dooku
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Suikoden wrote: »
    Lol.
    I have her And always top 3 since 2 month. On a has server .
    Curious How people speak without knowîgknowing the truth .

They just look at damage, speed and healing, not realizing the other things she brings to the table.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I do think she was over-nerfed, it was a reaction to how much she was used at a time when most hard-launch players had hit the peak of her effectiveness and before most had farmed Luminara. I wouldn't say I am "upset" about it though.
    She is incredibly useful in GW, not as a replacement for Lumi, but a complement. Lumi is best for dealing with AoEs and massive party-wide damage, and I usually use her early in a fight if I am going to use her at all. Barriss is better in all the specialty situations such as someone being heal blocked or when the AI decides to pick on one character while leaving the others alone. She's the best healer for bringing back a taunter from near death, for example, and I plan to experiment with using her with Poe once I have the latter ready. I also use her near the end of a fight to keep Lumi off cooldown if the fight has mostly gone well and I don't want to redo it.
    Beyond the active heal, as a leader she provides a massive HP boost, and a nice free heal at the start of each turn, especially for Jedi. Her basic attack is very underrated by people who don't use her: mine heals the entire party for over 1100, nearly half the time she attacks. Doesn't sound like a lot but often is enough for me that I use no heals at all in my first 4 or 5 matches.
    IMO her low damage is a benefit, not a weakness, as it helps prolong the end of a match to give more time for cooldowns to wear off.
    As for her absence from arena, that was predictable after her nerf. But it's not just the nerf, it's because of the prevalence of high-speed, high-DPS characters. Many teams now run with no healer at all. If/when things shift back to a better balance of offense and defense, she'll return.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.