Arena Team Advice

Hey everyone. Been lurking for a while, I'd appreciate any input this group could give.

I currently run:

Phasma (L)
Fives
Kylo
Poggle
Lumi

All maxed gear and 7-stars. I can reliably place top 20 in arena and if I feel like working the 6pm deadline I can get top 5 pretty easily.

The team synergises well. Poggle lasts long enough to get his boost up, which makes Fives, Kylo, Phasma, and Lumi just super powerful. Fives with his assist can come awfully close to one hitting folks. It's also a tanky team, with Lumi being the lowest HP and thus the most vulnerable.

I also have:
Dooku 5*, nearly 6. Will be 7 in a couple weeks.
Sidious 7*
HK-47 7*
Poe 5*
JC 6*
and I'm currently farming Ig-86 and IG-88 from GW and Arena shipments.

I run into problems, like most others, with the big DPS/Poe teams. If Lumi doesn't get her heal off I'm toast.

Would replacing Fives make sense? Maybe with HK-47 to pack more of an AOE poggle-boosted punch? Maybe with Dooku? If I replace Fives with Poe would I lose too much power?

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think it is possible to lose power replacing anything with Poe.

That said, you have trouble with DPS because you have none. Kylo is well rounded, but not a bazooka. Same with Fives. Lumi does good damage for a healer, but she is a healer, and she makes into the team for the healing, not the damage. If she couldn't heal, she wouldn't play. And vs the real heavy hitters is diffcult to heal

You have good tools to play with, tho. A few strategies that work well vs high DPS could be:

Heavy AOE:
    Phasma (L), Sid, HK47, Kylo, Poggle, or
    Sid (L), Phasma, HK47, Kylo Poggle or
    Sid(L), HK47, Kylo, Poe, Poggle or
    Sid (L), Phasma, Kylo, HK47, Poe

Or any other combination of those 6 chars should be enough to clean the board of those pesky glass cannons even behind a taunt. You need tanky AOE (Kylo, Phasma, HK47) or fast ones (Sid), and you probably will do better with Poe, as long as he has 143 speed.

You could also try to add Dooku, to get an attempt to stun enrny QGJ. Then I would leave Fives. Fives, Dooku and Kylo are 3 good counterattacks, and when Dooku is called as an assist he gets extra TM. If you go that route, I would use Lumi as fiffth member.