Jedi AOE - Anakin or Kit?

Say we may need an AOE for the coming challenge event, who is better? Currently I have a 7* Kit Fisto, also need another 90ish shards to 7* Anakin. If Kit is overall better, I may slow down rushing to max out Anakin.

Replies

• Options
    I've got a 6* Kit Fisto and if the concern is AoE...well, I can't speak to Anakin, don't have him...but Kit's AoE damage to me is very weak. In fact, he's overall weaker than I was hoping he'd be. His counter chance needs another 5-10%, and his multi-attack doesn't seem to have the same proc chance as Dooku's either. He does decent single-target beyond that, and I have seen him multi-attack crit 2x for about 6k damage...but instances like that seem the exception, not the rule.

Or maybe my RNG just sucks; how's your experience lol
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    My anakin is low level. When timed right his aoe is cool but seems very weak to me. Those with higher versions can speak to it better than I can tho.
  • Options
    Say we may need an AOE for the coming challenge event, who is better? Currently I have a 7* Kit Fisto, also need another 90ish shards to 7* Anakin. If Kit is overall better, I may slow down rushing to max out Anakin.

He's now serving as a cannon fodder in GW. Stopped investing in him since lv. 60 and gear 7. I also found his AoE is quite weak. The counter chance is like nothing since I didn't even finished level up abilities for all the other more important toons... The reason I am thinking about Anakin is the higher speed, damage and the unique healing and buff immune. But I'm not sure whether he'd be useful.
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    Options
    My Anakin 5* performs better than my kisto 6*, if you time it right and get killblow with Anakin, the offense up is priceless and can turn the fight in your favor greatly. While Anakin doesn't double attack, his heal block is very useful when you want to make sure your target doesn't get healed, though he normally doesn't break 2k with basic and barely breaks 1k with AoE.
  • Options
    I don't have them so this is all armchair, but I feel like it depends on what other four Jedi are supporting your squad. Overall Kit Fisto seems a slightly stronger hero, with his lower damage being made up for by his chance to double attack and counter attack, and he's a lot better if he gets to pair up with someone else who offers counters (Ima Gun-di) or assists (Aayla, QGJ). Kit Fisto's AoE is mediocre due to his low Special Damage, but if you have characters who can really benefit from Potency Up (Luminara, Eeth Koth) that's also a consideration.

For pure AoE damage Anakin seems better even ignoring the rare chance to get Offense Up out of the deal, since he's got much higher base Special Damage, a higher multiplier on Smite, and the move has a 3 round CD as opposed to the 4 round CD of Kit's AoE, and he also brings Healing/Buff Immunity which is a rarity on the lightside. Whether that Healing Immunity will be relevant in the challenge is unknown.

In the absence of any strong synergy for Kit, I would say Anakin is better at AEing down swarms of foes.
  • Options
    Fher wrote: »
    My Anakin 5* performs better than my kisto 6*, if you time it right and get killblow with Anakin, the offense up is priceless and can turn the fight in your favor greatly. While Anakin doesn't double attack, his heal block is very useful when you want to make sure your target doesn't get healed, though he normally doesn't break 2k with basic and barely breaks 1k with AoE.

Then a Jedi AoE seems a joke...
  • Options
    Hawk7915 wrote: »
    I don't have them so this is all armchair, but I feel like it depends on what other four Jedi are supporting your squad. Overall Kit Fisto seems a slightly stronger hero, with his lower damage being made up for by his chance to double attack and counter attack, and he's a lot better if he gets to pair up with someone else who offers counters (Ima Gun-di) or assists (Aayla, QGJ). Kit Fisto's AoE is mediocre due to his low Special Damage, but if you have characters who can really benefit from Potency Up (Luminara, Eeth Koth) that's also a consideration.

For pure AoE damage Anakin seems better even ignoring the rare chance to get Offense Up out of the deal, since he's got much higher base Special Damage, a higher multiplier on Smite, and the move has a 3 round CD as opposed to the 4 round CD of Kit's AoE, and he also brings Healing/Buff Immunity which is a rarity on the lightside. Whether that Healing Immunity will be relevant in the challenge is unknown.

In the absence of any strong synergy for Kit, I would say Anakin is better at AEing down swarms of foes.

I'm temporarily reserving places for QGJ, Lumi, Barris and JC since this team plus an FOTP can swipe GW all the way down. So I am just thinking about a good DPS. It seems to me Anakin and Kit are better than the other support or tank Jedis.
  • Options
    Anakin is more suited for the Arena where you expect to see some of your team get killed (e.g. facing against a Poe + dps team) since he gets +90% turn meter and +50% damage buff whenever an ally is dead.
  • Options
    Haven't unlocked Annie yet but I'm very underwelmed with Fisto, biggest crit ive seen with the aoe is 1300, and the procis like 5%
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Anakins AOE at 7* still sucks. MAYBE when coupled with Mace's leader ability (+crit, +20% offense) you could make it somewhat reasonable. Right now though, it sucks.

At level 80 I believe he gets a +15% damage boost, but I doubt that will be enough to push him over the edge. Also, he moves up to speed 143 I believe, when lvl 80, so he will probably go first and AOE and do nothing lol. They need to fix Anakin... he should be so much better.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Using SWGOHDB, Kit fisto has a stsrtimng damage of 1600 at 70 7* VIII, and his AOEvhas a skill multiplier of 1.054 at level 7. He has no way to self buff, so his average damage should be around 1600, crit 2400.

Anakin has a starting damage of 1400, but his skill multiplier at rank 7 is 1.5. That's an average of 2100. He can self buff for 50% damage if anyone dies (common in arena, specially if okaying with a tank), do he can do about 3150, minus armor. Common crit, without a crit boosting leader, at 70, 7*, VIII and rank 7, after a teammate does, should be around 4600-4700, without party buffs.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Using SWGOHDB, Kit fisto has a stsrtimng damage of 1600 at 70 7* VIII, and his AOEvhas a skill multiplier of 1.054 at level 7. He has no way to self buff, so his average damage should be around 1600, crit 2400.

Anakin has a starting damage of 1400, but his skill multiplier at rank 7 is 1.5. That's an average of 2100. He can self buff for 50% damage if anyone dies (common in arena, specially if okaying with a tank), do he can do about 3150, minus armor. Common crit, without a crit boosting leader, at 70, 7*, VIII and rank 7, after a teammate does, should be around 4600-4700, without party buffs.

Anakin is a very fast hero, so usually no one dies before he can aoe, so it's hard to factor in the death bonus. You really just need to look at the regular aoe, and it does next to nothing lol.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »

Anakin is a very fast hero, so usually no one dies before he can aoe, so it's hard to factor in the death bonus. You really just need to look at the regular aoe, and it does next to nothing lol.

You mean while the AI uses him? Because you can choose to presa other buttons instead of smite, did you know? ;) if he is behind Poe,there is no drawback for that. Once Poe dies Anakin gets 90% TM and interrupts the game flow to act and punish everybody with his AOE.
  • Options
    Anakins AOE at 7* still sucks. MAYBE when coupled with Mace's leader ability (+crit, +20% offense) you could make it somewhat reasonable. Right now though, it sucks.

At level 80 I believe he gets a +15% damage boost, but I doubt that will be enough to push him over the edge. Also, he moves up to speed 143 I believe, when lvl 80, so he will probably go first and AOE and do nothing lol. They need to fix Anakin... he should be so much better.

I don't think Mace should be in the top 5 places in a Jedi team, even after the re-making. If I put Anakin in the team, he'd probably benefit from QGJ or Barris's leader ability.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options

You mean while the AI uses him? Because you can choose to presa other buttons instead of smite, did you know? ;) if he is behind Poe,there is no drawback for that. Once Poe dies Anakin gets 90% TM and interrupts the game flow to act and punish everybody with his AOE.

Sorry, my brain is triggered for how the computer will play him on Defense. Yes, of course I can decide what to do. I also find many situations where I get someone down to "red" health, and I can choose to kill them or wait for Anakins turn to AOE. Usually, the best play is to kill them, which then I get anakin fighting a full health person lol.

Anyway, sure, with a human player Anakin is much much much better. And with a cpu player, he is much much much worse.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

I don't think Mace should be in the top 5 places in a Jedi team, even after the re-making. If I put Anakin in the team, he'd probably benefit from QGJ or Barris's leader ability.

Anakin himself as leader gives 24% offense to Jedis. No need of Mace for that
  • Options
    Moral of this thread: Jedi do some things pretty ok, AOE just isn't one of those things. Assist single target is where it's at IMO.
  • Options
    Anakin and fisto are both weak chars. This is really unfortunate as both are great characters in the movies/tv shows. They realllllly messed up on anakin. He should hit way harder, if nothing else.
    Hodor