How do the mechanics work for borrowing a toon?

A guildmate and myself were chatting back and forth last night and were wondering how this works...

Example - I have a couple of toons that are a little better than his, and vice versa that we would like to borrow to help each other get past some nodes. Every once in a while, we'll see each other's toons in the "borrow a hero" thing, but it's so random.

Is there a way to assign a toon so it can be used by someone who can use it?

I guess an even better example is how do the big guilds set up a "borrow a maxed toon thing" - and get it to work? I don't get it.

Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    You have to use said toon as leader(even if they don't have a leader ability, i.e. Zylo), on said table where you ally wants to use them. They then may use them once, and after a set amount of time(I'm not sure how much), they may use them again.

As soon as your ally uses a different leader, the new leader becomes the toon you can borrow.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Exactly. It's not "random," it's precisely the last leader you used for that type of battle (ls/ds/cantina/healers challenge, etc.).
  • marauder
    124 posts Member
    Options
    if i am not mistaken the cool down to use the borrowed character is 4 hours. BUT you may bring the 4hr timer to 0 by doing a challenges.
  • sneeyatch
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Cool - thanks guys.