Alright, why do mods have to cost you gold to take them off?

Seriously, why? What's the point? You've already bought them or farmed them after spending tons of energy to get this one good mod. Then you spent like 500k to get it to level 15 and that's just for one mod. Why do you have to spend even more gold when you take them off? It's hard enough that you constantly need to swap them for the different parts of the game, and having to spend nearly 30k every time is just... ugh.

Replies

• Options
    Mods are evil.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The idea is to promote farming more mods. Adds to the grind and the longevity of the game. Also makes money for EA in the form of mod packs.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    Would you prefer crystals having to be used?
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    The idea is to promote farming more mods. Adds to the grind and the longevity of the game. Also makes momey for EA in the form of mod packs.

I mean I'll farm more mods anyway since I want to have enough for every toon that I use, but spending nearly 300k/week just so you can swap your mods is pretty **** ridiculous
  • jackstraw
    220 posts Member
    Options
    what's even more ridiculous is that you can't swap entire mod sets.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    Would you prefer crystals having to be used?

DONT GIVE THEM IDEAS!

YEAH!!! beware of the greedy
  • Options
    The idea is, that players are punished, if they swap mods to the Raidteams and back to the PvP every day.
    4.750×6=28.700×2=57.4k per toon and
    287k per team and day

Dont complain, if you run low on credits and swap mods for only better Raid.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, that's ridiculous. I just saw a 5* purple circle mod in the mod shop, it cost 3.48M credits... It's level 1 so, obviously, you'll have to put more credits on the table to have it level 15. There is a speed secondary there so, who knows, that could be the one... But I won't buy it. I got two zetas from today's challenge so I think I've burnt all our RNG Gods' goodwill for some time. I won't even try...
  • Options
    Why? Because the devs want to monetize everything in this game
  • Options
    I don't even care that they cost to come off, my problem is remembering to put them back on. I fell 30 places the other day becaiuse I forgot to put Boba's mods back on him after a raid. My fault, not the games.

But, to stay on topic...7-8 days after the last credit heist, even that 50k it costs me to switch hurts a little.!i wish there was some form of "squad" grouping for mods like there are for toons. I move the same mods for every raid. Every couple weeks or so, I may get lucky and farm/buy a better one so it isn't always the same, but pretty close.