shoretrooper tactics

C_Man101
195 posts Member
Since I got him through the store he's only 3* (i've yet to unlock his node)

is he worth throwing on a maul/vader lead imp team? though i've heard he works better on off faction with rex and sun fac

and by only having 117 speed I take it you put a lot of speed mods on him?

Replies

• Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    No. The strategy with this guy is quite simple actually. Just make it last. It's as simple as that. He is the toon you'll sacrifice. While your opponent wastes attack to get rid of him as he taunts immediately, your toons will hit hard. He's viable very early if equipped properly. Mod him,with defense, health, everything that expands his already huge amount of protection and health. You don't need speed as you don't need him to act, his attack output is weak, you want to stand and to be a tough target to overcome for your opponent. By the time they kill him, you'll probably have already killed several toons in the opposing teams.

He's a great toon. A pain in your opponent's *****.
  • Options
    Unless you are in arena, where the triple cleanse team has multiple dispels and dispel on DN basic. They laugh at your 3 cooldown taunt.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    We are talking about a 3* toon, so probably not a top of the ladder team. Above rank 200, triple cleanser teams are super rare.
  • Options
    I used my Shore at 3* in top 20 arena during wiggs meta
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    He's fine in a younger shard IMO but not really viable anymore in top flight arena
  • Options
    Well, I bought the $20 pack. I'm a top 50 zDV user in a late Dec/Early Jan '17 shard and I'm still floating in Wiggs. I even had my first GK show up and I have a feeling the new Ashoka will keep the Wiggs around.

I'm trying to get him to G10, but I just have all health and protection on him: He rarely makes it out of round one, but he survives the triple attack and takes the retribution hits from Chaze before he goes down. I will try to give him better health/protection mods. I think that's the only strategy for him. If he survives long enough to give you crit immunity, then great, if not, at least all your DPS toons get a shot.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I got a 6* t11 Shoretrooper in my arena team with Vader lead. He's great to soak up the damage of some of the heavy hitters, particularly the Wedge/Biggs combo while I apply my debuffs and get Palpatine's stun going. His heal is quite useful as well.

Unfortunately, he gets dispelled quite quickly from most teams, and ability or buff blocked fairly easily so I am having a tougher time staying in top 20 in my shard. Wedge/Biggs teams I tend to have few issues with, and I have no trouble with the top Jedi teams in my shard. Maul, and the triple cleanse Rexx leads I have trouble with, and unfortunately they are by far the most popular combos right now.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    Shore was fine for me and allowed me to get to the top of my shard when it was all wiggs + lando + boba + sthan teams, but with chaze it kind of rendered him moot with the instant cleanse.

That's why IMO he's really only useful in younger shards that run those easy wiggs teams .. when you have a shard with more people running elite rebel or sith teams, it's hard to consider Shore as a top flight toon in arena now. He does still have a lot of use in other cases though, like in raids or GW
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you are in arena, where the triple cleanse team has multiple dispels and dispel on DN basic. They laugh at your 3 cooldown taunt.

Nice thing about Shoretrooper is his cooldown is reduced for every buff dispelled on him.

He taunts and DN dispels on basic. When it is his turn again he can taunt again, healing everyone else for 24% of his max health.

Pretty nifty, especially since he gives himself crit immunity now.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Why Shore when you can Baze? Huehue
  • Options
    Why Shore when you can Baze? Huehue

Sadly enough, if there had been a Baze pack abailable at the same time, I would have bought it and I run zDV. Baze just has so many more tools that they are better than the empire synergy shore gets.

If I replace Boba with DT(I bought that pack too), their addition synergy might make him more viable.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

^People also keep him slow as possible to extend his taunt, but if debuffed immediately he's slow as hell to get it back and by then it's too late. Your squad is doomed.

You are better getting Sith Trooper for the squad you say you are using, Maul/EP/Vader.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Shore would be a prob if pair with RG.. never ending loop lol
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Multiple tank teams are useless now thanks to all the cleansers in the game .. and the fact you can speed up battles. Baze, B2 etc would make quick work of multiple tank teams. On occasion I'd run a team of Sith Trooper, Shore, RG and Baze just for fun. Doesn't last long ha ha
  • Options
    Shore is not a problem for anyone anymore. Dispel is running rampant. DN has it on his basic, and GK makes sure he has counter. Baze has 2 ways to dispel. Shore isn't a threat to anyone. Ever.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options

Multiple tank teams are useless now thanks to all the cleansers in the game .. and the fact you can speed up battles. Baze, B2 etc would make quick work of multiple tank teams. On occasion I'd run a team of Sith Trooper, Shore, RG and Baze just for fun. Doesn't last long ha ha

Oh i forgot, they have zeta barriss.. that's what make my battle longer i think. Meanwhile my team have crit chance set so bad. They are not cause of the loop, but zbarriss is. :expressionless:
  • Options

4 turn cooldown, taunts for 2 turns and everu buff lost reduces the cooldown by 1. Crit Immunity + Taunt + 2 turns = unlimited taunt unless it gets dispelled.
  • Options
    It get's dispelled constantly with DN and Baze. Shore is also SLOOOOOOW which means he is doing nothing for a long time, then he taunts and it gets dispelled. Nobody is worried about that little heal. You team is dying.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    It get's dispelled constantly with DN and Baze. Shore is also SLOOOOOOW which means he is doing nothing for a long time, then he taunts and it gets dispelled. Nobody is worried about that little heal. You team is dying.

True enough on defense.

I've taken 1st running Rex lead, DT, Shore, DN, zSavage.

It's not pretty but it gets the job done.
    I run Nihilus lead for the odd team or two that the above squad can't beat.

Point being, if someone wants to make Shore work, he or she can.
  • Options

Sorry, but I don't have Shore in my team
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Shore was awesome with wiggs bobby tfp but now useless because of baze GK SiT.
  • C_Man101
    195 posts Member
    Options
    vessaharja wrote: »

not really i've seen some people run him with wiggs n chaze
  • Options
    C_Man101 wrote: »
    vessaharja wrote: »

not really i've seen some people run him with wiggs n chaze

Sadly I think he would be more viable in that setup than in an empire one because of the buffs he gets fed.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I found shore works surprisingly well in my Jedi team. They pass him buffs, so he works as a healer and a taunter as long as he isn't stunned or AB'd. Because Jedi have such low health themselves, the heal is quite significant.

I'm thinking I might give him a tenacity set and see how that works out. Yoda gives him tenacity up, but it gets dispelled together with taunt. Tenacity might be more important on cross than protection, but gonna have to dedicate some set bonuses as well, because just a cross won't put him anywhere near most opponents' potency.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    ShT is more interesting with Empire toons since they can gain TM when he's taunting. EP is a good leader for him also because Empire gain TM when they inflict a debuff. He's still one of the best tank ingame but is less versatile than Baze (who is only good with Chirrut btw).
  • Options
    I've been using Shore in my Empire team for a while, and I've had no problems with him. His taunt is up pretty regularly, and getting the heal + crit-immunity on everyone has saved me a couple times now. Plus, in a full-Empire team, you can heal him to full very quickly without changing your play-style much.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    ShT is more interesting with Empire toons since they can gain TM when he's taunting. EP is a good leader for him also because Empire gain TM when they inflict a debuff. He's still one of the best tank ingame but is less versatile than Baze (who is only good with Chirrut btw).

He's like stormtrooper han-empire version lol :lol:
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

He's like stormtrooper han-empire version lol :lol:

Kinda yeah with more HP and prot and a better CD.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    I like using him (since the tournament, so even at 4*) with Rex too. It makes a good combo, with the cleanse+Tenacity Up in case Shore's taunt gets dispelled and he gets Ability Blocked or Stunned. With the TM gain, he can quickly reinstate his Taunt.