Urgent! Please Fix Gear Drops!

K40SF1ynn
18 posts Member
edited May 2017
I just spent 500 energy trying to get pieces of gear on 9-A normal, only to get 2. I got 50 of a piece I don't even need. This is just the latest in what seems to be the new normal. I've been playing this game since it started, and the RNG is totally flawed. How about letting us sell back the gear we don't need?

Replies

• MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    Options
    You can't farm purple gear with normal energy. The game simply doesn't allow it: don't try. You get it via challenges or raids or through guild sharing, but no one gets a serious amount of purple gear from normal energy. Even the most basic purple gear - Mk3 Holos and Mk8 Weapon Mods - which are needed at gear tier VI? Yep, even those are dropping at a rate too low to be useful.

If they wanted them to be farmable at this rarity, they would make them rare, but drop 5 at a time. Nope. Clearly they don't want them to be farmable.
  • Options
    @MasterSeedy, there are plenty of gear pieces that can only be gotten via raids, and guild store/shard shop, but if a piece of gear is on a farm-able node, it should drop like the rest of the gear. I have the same issue with the zeta mats. I worked my f2p **** off to get my ships high enough to unlock the last ship mod material challenge so I could start getting zetas, and in over 3 months, I have received a total of 2... If there are 3 of those challenges per week, that's 6 chances 24 chances a month, so 72 chances in 3 months time, and I've gotten 2??? So my point is that the RNG is flawed very heavily when it comes to certain things. They shouldn't call it a "Random Number Generator" because it is anything but random.