Droids with R2 over JE?!

MD_Geist
298 posts Member
I knew Droids aren't super strong currently and the team lacks a lot of stuff (zeta, cleanse, to many non-damage supporters etc.) and i hope someday Grievous+IG100 will rock the Arena (or at least a Raidphase...) but i tought about a Squad without JE.

JE is more or less only here for getting the opener - he sadly is otherwise super fragile and his termals aren't good enough. Yes he can heal/rezz but compared to arena healers (Chirrut/Barris) he locks super weak.

R2 offers - maybe - another option! I knew that you simply can include him in current squads, but that means for example with HK47, IG86, R2, B2 and JE (one of the best things you can do currently with classic droids) you have a lot of supporters that only do medicore damage and are still lack some utility or survivability.

R2 has 157 base speed so very high - with some solid mods you can push him (and that is the question) maybe to be fast enough to open the battle for you. He will always starts with smokescreen and will always chose the tankiest ally (must not be classed as "tank").

So if you look at some droids you can do something like:

HK, IG, R2, B2 and X (= IG100 or K2)

With this full droid squad idea you get a lot of damage, one of the best dispel-toons (B2) and a tank that counterattacks with Offense Down.

Getting B2 + Tank + enough Damage is the biggest challenge for droids since all squads relied on JE that is more or less a wasted slot once your opener is gone and current teams aren't defeated after your first shoots - pretaunt tanks like Baze&Shore will prevent any sniping.

R2 comes also with very solid damage, nice AoE, stun(!) and pushes your squad like a 2nd leader and on top isn't so fragile compared to IG86/88/GG/JE. If you Zeta his light side dispel it will work on him and K2(!) but i think even IG100 can work. He is really tanky at G11, damage is okay too and he shares counterattack and offense down with K2.

Alternatives: See above: HK, R2, B2, JE, IG86 (i feel currently assist is stronger than IG88 AoE) or just waiting IF we get a solid rework of Grievous and IG100 (fingers crossed).

Replies

• Options
    Some guy from my guild plays HK 88 R2 B2 and Gk try this ;-)
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah GK can be fit in any team - but i (and many other) still haven't this character ready.

I think if someone has the R1 toons you can also try:

HK, R2, K2, Cassian and X (IGs or B2) in this case R2 will profit from 2 other Rebells (K2/Cassian) too, with Zeta both can get rid of debuffs on them, Cassian will buff R2 and K2 at the start of the battle which also means K2 will taunt like a shore/baze tank. R2 will than (at defence/auto) still aim K2 with Smokescreen (Foresight etc.) Cassian itself will deal solid damage but sadly will not profit from HK (but gain buffs from R2 too).