Thermal Detonator buff proposal

Hiya! Now, i in no way run anyone with thermal detonators. However, i feel that if they were buffed, it could bring more viability to Jawas and Bounty Hunters. So here's my proposal:

Thermal Detonators will now do 25-35%* of the targets maximum health, ignoring protection.
Thermal Detonators cannot be dodged, but can be resisted
Thermal Detonators cannot be cleansed (so they'll have the lock icon)
*(Depending on who places it, some will be more powerful than others)

Obviously this is rather minor, but i thought this would spice things up. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Make thermal detonators great again...or the first time ever. Agree with the can not be cleansed statement. Would be great to use a bounty hunter squad and mix up the arena a bit.
  • Options
    That sounds more like a Kylo buff, he is a cancer now, imagine him with that.
    Kylo nullifies %hp abilities.
    Kylo benefits from debuffs
  • Options
    That sounds more like a Kylo buff, he is a cancer now, imagine him with that.
    Kylo nullifies %hp abilities.
    Kylo benefits from debuffs

That is a fair point. However, nothing is effective against everyone
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    I'd say buff them so that if a detonator is cleansed it immediately explodes for 1/2 it's normal damage.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Make them so you can dodge, but not resist thermal detonators.

Make them trigger when cleansed, dealing bonus damage and applying unresistable effects.

The game needs a on anti-cleanse/anti-tenacity, and thermal detonators would work well.

Here is an example:

Exams Skill: Apply a thermal detonator to the target. After 2 turns this detonator deals X damage. If this is removed early by an ally of the target it deals X damage, ignoring armor, to the target and the ally who removed it and also applies buff immunity for 2 turns on both, this effect can not be resisted.

Something like that would help to break up the cleanse meta.
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I'd say buff them so that if a detonator is cleansed it immediately explodes for 1/2 it's normal damage.

Good idea, but: 50% chance that it explodes and inflicts 100% damage. So we assume that defusing a bomb has 50% probability of success.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    Diel wrote: »

Good idea, but: 50% chance that it explodes and inflicts 100% damage. So we assume that defusing a bomb has 50% probability of success.

I'm fine with that. Sounds like a CG move with RNG. Although I will admit I like the idea posted after mine better, or making thermal detonators a counter to cleanse. Anything that is strong against Chaze I support! (Coming from someone who has them at 7 stars).
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Xetal wrote: »

Make them trigger when cleansed, dealing bonus damage and applying unresistable effects.

The game needs a on anti-cleanse/anti-tenacity, and thermal detonators would work well.

Here is an example:

Exams Skill: Apply a thermal detonator to the target. After 2 turns this detonator deals X damage. If this is removed early by an ally of the target it deals X damage, ignoring armor, to the target and the ally who removed it and also applies buff immunity for 2 turns on both, this effect can not be resisted.

I like it. BUT, take out the "by an ally" part. Ahsoka and Savage can both self cleanse. But no need for 2x damage on the self cleanse.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    evanbio wrote: »

Here is an example:

I like it. BUT, take out the "by an ally" part. Ahsoka and Savage can both self cleanse. But no need for 2x damage on the self cleanse.

Wording could be changed so that only applies if removed by an ally, and not the target itself. I agree dealing double damage would be bad.

Edit: and only deal damage once to the cleansing ally. It would be a little OP if Rex cleansed an entire team and 1 shot himself by taking damage from 10 bombs.
  • IvoB1987
    495 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    i want this addition "If your last character standing would die, first all detonators would explode". Sometimes a lot of damage is missed in raid because of the fight is over while there are still detonators on the field. And also I think it's kind of a shame if you would lose a match and the detonators would have actually won you the match when you lost.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Options
    I think all Bomb should work like nutes. Damage to main lowered damage to rest. Also it's not a debuff. Can be dodged not resisted.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    Lugo wrote: »
    I think all Bomb should work like nutes. Damage to main lowered damage to rest. Also it's not a debuff. Can be dodged not resisted.

I would agree from that last part except for the fact that Boba's lead ability grants 15 speed for each debuffed enemy. If TD's didn't count as a debuff, there would be a lot of lost speed potential especially early on as Zam priorities See What sticks on defense.

I think making them uncleanseaboe would be better as she can move faster than most cleansers (except on a Jedi team and they will start with foresight anyways).
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Here is an example:

Love this suggestion. Cleansing causes them to to explode (reduced damage for balance purposes), and can be dodged, but not resisted.

Something to counter all the cleansing would be great and this seems like a relatively simple adjustment for the developers to make that would increase variability in arena without breaking it. Would improve raid viability as well without giving ridiculous damage.