Do you like the new Shard Shop Exchange Rate?

Prev13
xJazzx
808 posts Member
edited February 2016
It's 1 excess shard for 15 currency

This means 10 excess of your excess shards beyond 7* for 1 chosen shard.

10 traded shards get you 1 shard!

Do you like the new Shard Shop Exchange Rate? 311 votes

No, it's rubbish. CG must improve it.
71%
DavoZarAziscubaDarthplagueis30MackemSLAMUSArmyAVXzerynTelaanMarcel_McClaneDaeghaaTommyTowaniCreativeAttackerImperialRebeldiangeloKang0306AbyssFantazySysyNaecabon 221 votes
I don't know.
12%
DarthPurgatorySilkenGenakumaShentuDragonSkitskalleRonoaldothisgameisdopeTejparnDanixDashboardkozakjanosThomasLyleMasterOneHitHarfoushRobbathehuttHaloWars29OrionPeaceWill_CocishugeLukeandrew11620ohnoitscindy 38 votes
Yes, it's fair.
16%
AlclonnYoYoYoda369KaatQuincy_Tihlus32XyoBlackcanaryVarlieNahowRogan_Ban84StarSonBaalCaptSeaWalkerDarthNicoeffdashGabeOmarFPGTevinFoojWyrdduckRayRevan 52 votes

Replies

• Options
    It's 1 excess shard for 15 currency and that means 10 excess shard for 1 chosen shard.
  • Options
    I guess? I'm not good with math

I just know I got 2 Vader shards just for spending the extra PvP and GW currency I'm not using for anything else, so yippee!
  • Options
    Yes, it's fair.
    Seems fine to me...will have to see how they present the new character this month.
  • Options
    I guess? I'm not good with math

I just know I got 2 Vader shards just for spending the extra PvP and GW currency I'm not using for anything else, so yippee!

You know there may be new toons coming which require those tokens right?
  • Options
    Not till later in the month! I can't pass up Vader shards, I think it would be foolish to. I'm saving otherwise
  • Options
    Should have been 5:1 IMO.
  • Options
    If we have to get hosed then I'd set my limit at a 5:1 ratio. I spend money on this game and I have a lot of excess shards already. 10:1 ratio to me is wasted money and doesn't entice me to continue spending at all.
  • Options
    Shard shop is just insulting atm. One refresh per day? Random chars, mostly useless? 10:1 exchange rate? Laughable. Ea has truly done it again.
    Hodor
  • Options
    r2steve2 wrote: »
    Shard shop is just insulting atm. One refresh per day? Random chars, mostly useless? 10:1 exchange rate? Laughable. Ea has truly done it again.

More than insulting. It gives you 2 shards for twenty good ones!
  • DarthWheaton
    57 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes, it's fair.
    Well it's not as Whale friendly as everyone thought it would be, you can only spend 20 extra shards per day (per character).
  • Options
    I like them adding a shard shop..... I hate the shop they added. Course I haven't had it yet but of feedback from others that do.

10:1 is bad but could have been worse so I can except that. But what I don't like is if your only after 1 or 2 toons ( which I am, maul and old Ben ) then you have to be lucky to even get 2 of their shards a day. If I have 3k shard credits ( or what ever its being called ) and only want shards for these 2, then I could be waiting a month just to get 2 shards for one of them.

Add the fact that they are adding a toon only to this shop its almost worthless. Toons need to be atleast 6* to really be useable for the most part. If you can only get 2 shards a day for this toon do you know how long it will even take to use him? It will take 40 days just to unlock him at 4*. This is insane and chances this toon will be outclassed by the time we even see it used.
  • Options
    I don't know.
    Assuming the new toon is even always available, and not just added to the randomized rotation...and I agree. Why 2 shards instead of the 4 available every other store? The exchange ratio, while I think could be higher, I'm fine with it as well. The rewards you get for it however, is ridiculous. Bring the bought shards up to 4 like the other stores. 2 is just a slap in the face, especially since it's random, especially since there's no refresh and it's only once per day.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    They let me stop spend anymore on this game :)
  • Options
    Well i am a huge whale over $3,000 and they keep punishing us for buying packs so yes they need to fix it.

I'm tired of getting packs full of one's i 7* and i had hoped shard shop was the key to this. I would of liked a 3:1 with tiers but this 10:1 is silly.

And why is a ewok scout shard worth as much as my Liea exclusive shard?.

@EA_Jesse please help us here
  • Options
    Kang0306 wrote: »
    They let me stop spend anymore on this game :)

It seems we don't have a choice. ...
  • Options
    Well i am a huge whale over $3,000 and they keep punishing us for buying packs so yes they need to fix it.

I'm tired of getting packs full of one's i 7* and i had hoped shard shop was the key to this. I would of liked a 3:1 with tiers but this 10:1 is silly.

Maybe Leia isn't that exclusive.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »

Maybe Leia isn't that exclusive.

She costs real money to unlock atm ither way not happy..... support lost atm. :(
  • Options
    I voted no. I haven't gotten any 7*s yet so it will be months before I can even make use of it.
  • Options
    Yes, it's fair.
    it's not as bad as I expected, also not as easy as I didn't want it to be, good balance considering you could probably farm 20 IG86 shards everyday for 2 shards of said character.

Seems pretty balanced as far as F2P/P2P goes so I'm satisfied
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, it's fair.
    If you say rubbish you're wrong. About everything. Your empire continues to crumble and you still have a monarch. Lol.
  • Options
    Baal wrote: »
    If you say rubbish you're wrong. About everything. Your empire continues to crumble and you still have a monarch. Lol.

Ummm, huh? You lost me there.
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't have an issue with the 10:1 exchange rate. What I have an issue with is that CG values all shards equally and exchanges all shards at a rate of 1 shard for 15 shop coins.

Chromium exclusive characters require A LOT of money to 7*. Characters like FOTP/Rey require A LOT of time / refreshes to 7*. To say that an Old Ben shard is the same equivalent as a Lumi/Sidious shard is a slap in the face to anyone who has invested a lot of time/money/resources into maxing difficult to acquire characters.

Shards are not equal and as such they should not be converted equally. Some players have 50,000+ shard shop coins. **** are they going to spend that on? Even with a shard shop exclusive character, it only refreshes once per day. It's going to take half a year just to use their current coins, let alone the coins they get in the next 6 months.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    As it is now, it has only a niche use for filling up the last 2 shards (if you are lucky and get the character you want) and the exclusive character (if he is available permanently). And these are some big ifs... Otherwise, it's completely useless.
  • Options
    Yes, it's fair.
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    I don't have an issue with the 10:1 exchange rate. What I have an issue with is that CG values all shards equally and exchanges all shards at a rate of 1 shard for 15 shop coins.

Chromium exclusive characters require A LOT of money to 7*. Characters like FOTP/Rey require A LOT of time / refreshes to 7*. To say that an Old Ben shard is the same equivalent as a Lumi/Sidious shard is a slap in the face to anyone who has invested a lot of time/money/resources into maxing difficult to acquire characters.

Shards are not equal and as such they should not be converted equally. Some players have 50,000+ shard shop coins. **** are they going to spend that on? Even with a shard shop exclusive character, it only refreshes once per day. It's going to take half a year just to use their current coins, let alone the coins they get in the next 6 months.

+1
  • Options
    Mmmmm
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Just fyi i did all the dif math on this shard shop in my post. But basically if u cash in on arena and GW daily for 25 total extra shards per day to exchange it takes 132 days to unlock a toon at 4* and get them to 7* (good luck with whatever the shard shop only toon is) 132 days is just absurd for 1 toon. The exchange rate of 10:1 is horrible
  • Options
    Well. I just traded in my shards.......

24,600 credits and NOTHING to exchange for. All 6 offered are either completely worthless or already at 7*.

This shard shop is horrible
  • Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    Well. I just traded in my shards.......

24,600 credits and NOTHING to exchange for. All 6 offered are either completely worthless or already at 7*.

This shard shop is horrible

We are buggerd by this shop and its rates.... for us spenders lol very odd choice.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, it's fair.
    Its fair. I am impressed.
  • Options
    If you're going to rely on shard exchange to get a whole new character, you need to wake up to reality. That's not what its for. It's a SUPPLEMENT. It's for people sitting on useless extra shards. If you're grinding shards just to have extra in the hope you'll get a new character, STOP IT. You're going to hate yourself
This discussion has been closed.