Never seen this before; possible bug or silent buff?

So today in GW I saw something I've never seen before.

Was fighting a Jedi team using my own Jedi team with a zQGJ lead. Here's what happened.

1: My team kills JKA on opposing team. Foresight applied to my team.
2: Yoda on my team does his battle meditation; tenacity up applied. My whole team at this point has tenacity up and foresight. I am 100% sure of this; there was no buff immunity on any member of the team.
3: Enemy team QGJ does his Humbling Blow attack where he removes buffs. He does this to my own QGJ, who as I said has foresight and tenacity. He killed him.

I've never seen that happen except with attacks that can't be evaded, like Greivous' main attack or Vader's. How did that happen? I mean, I still won the battle and all, but that's something I've never seen take place before; not from an enemy QGJ anyway. Has he been given a silent buff or something that makes that attack unavoidable?

Replies

• Options
    huh?
    its a freaking bug for sure, humbling blow miss if you have foresight.
    i dunno what the guy above me talking about the 2 actions...
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Check the 5/9 game update. I believe they made it similar to execute where it removes debuffs first then attacks. I don't know if that's right but that's what it seems like
  • Options
    Btw, just played arena vs zQGJ, it's bugged lol. Did maul's whirling, all of their team was with foresight, and I hitted GK.
    Not execute, just normal damage on him.
    Bugged
  • Options
    Yesterday in gw, I Saw several attacks go through foresite. But yeah, mentioned above, humbling blow will remove buffs first including foresite, then do damage.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Rakim wrote: »
    Check the 5/9 game update. I believe they made it similar to execute where it removes debuffs first then attacks. I don't know if that's right but that's what it seems like
    Yeah ... they changed order ... it removes buffs first (miss due foresight, but foresight is consumed) + deals damage after it (qgj still has Tenacity up, but no foresight)
    They made it that way, because of Savage: Before fix, QGJ dealt damage first -> Savage got his buffs -> then qgj dispeled and whole party became offense up without savage being buffed before attack.
    IMO just very poor development ... (if you ask me, the damage+debuff should work at the same time/status, but yeah, it would cause work, like the Teebo/Stealth-fix ...)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    I know getting the sequence of events and attacks can be very tricky, but get it together already. One would think that a full grasp of the underlying game mechanics would be enough to anticipate these problems, but in a complicated system like this, a little regression testing before release would be nice.

With the number of heroes in the game and five heroes per squad, there is a gigantic number of combinations that prohibit exhaustive testing. But a test matrix could surely be developed that would pit a majority of these abilities against each other.

If it does not already have one, the game needs a dev mode that skips all animations and dumps combat results into a diagnostic format that can be analyzed for undesirable behavior like this. Regression testing would require running the test matrix through the dev mode and then processing the results with the diagnostic tools.

Difficult yes, but a necessary part of any complicated system like this. Once developed, the test matrix could be pared down to a subset to focus on specific abilities or characters, depending on the changes introduced by a given update.

Get on it already.

• Options
    Lugo incoming from what it sounds like. That's definately a bug that needs "fixing".
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Well, Sith Trooper also seems a bit bugged - could have sworn that opposing SiT triggered Vaiken Legacy from special attacks my Sith performed.