Questions on Saving Cantina Energy

Some of my guildmates have suggested using refreshes to get cantina energy above max in preparation for double mod drop days. Before I started to do that I was wondering:

1) Has someone done the analysis about the positives of saving up the extra energy versus losing the "free" energy you gain over time once you are above the max?

2) Is there a maximum amount of energy you can have? It'd suck to waste a refresh only to find you are capped at 1000 energy or something like that.

3) Is this something people in general recommend?

Thanks all!
Officer in BDB, a "casual but competitive" guild that has Rancor and HAAT on farm, gets 37* in LS TB, and kicks butt in TW. PM if interested in joining!

Replies

• crzydroid
    7384 posts Moderator
    Options
    You generate 120 cantina energy in a 24 hour period. I don't know if they said how long the extra refresh was going to last. But the goal is double drops...so on that particular day, you can only get three refreshes above max energy. So of you are able to save more than 480 energy when double drops hits, it seems you'll come out ahead...but you have to take into account what you'd get during the saving period, if those were going to be spent farming the same thing.

Let's say you started at max today and got your 45 and three refreshes. That's 549/16 = 31 mods and 5 energy left over.

In 23 hours on 5/25, you'll be maxed again. With three refreshes and bonus, you get 31 more mods with 5 leftover.

On 5/26, 31 more.

On 5/27, 3 hours ahead of the time you started, you get 62 because of double drops, and you'll have 15 energy by the time your 24 hour mark rolls around...so if double drops don't stop right then, that's two more, or you can do a 12 energy for lower dots. So we're looking at 155-157 mods total.

Now let's save: 549 energy from day one. 405 more on days two and three, for a total of 1359. Double drops day will get 405 more for 1764, and let's say since you are spending that day you can let that regen, so 1884. That's 235 mods, plus 8 energy.

So looks like you do come out ahead. Note that WITHOUT double drops, you'd come out behind at 117, but since there is a goal in mind, you get carried forward.
  • crzydroid
    7384 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ok, I forgot to take into account doing the three battles for dailies. If you do 16 energy nodes for those, you lose 9 mods, but still come out ahead.