Mace rework idea!

diangelo
105 posts Member
I’ve been thinking of a Mace rework lately. He’s supposed to be the greatest of Jedi swordsman ever but in this game he’s a complete joke. So please consider this:

1. Shift his special “smite” to be his basic attack. “Deal special damage to target enemy and remove all positive status effects.

2. For his special how about some variation of “Converance” (like he has in ships) that would give offence up and damage immunity for a turn or two.

3. I guess leave his leader ability alone. (He didn’t seem like he did much as a leader when he let Palpatine kill the other Jedi when they went to arrest him.) oh and change the name of his leader ability and move the name “Vaapad” to his unique since that’s the fighting style and has nothing to do with being a leader.

4. And finally for his unique…Right now it’s the worst. (I mean completely useless when he is controlled by the AI since it doesn’t attack the exposed people.) He’s supposed to be the best with a light saber ever!! I would do two things…give him the same 100 counter/damage increase that Dooku has from “Flawless Riposte” (and not retribution that can be dispelled.) I mean what says greatest swordsman more that he ALWAYS counters? Hell you want him to be the greatest ever?? Make so he counters even when sunned/dazed or attached by someone stealthed...Second, you know how Maul deals double damage against Jedi? Well I would have Mace do double damage against Sith! Isn't Vaapad an anti-Sith style?

These changes would make him AWESOME! And he’s supposed to be awesome. I mean did you see how easy palp took out those other Jedi? And then it was one on one…and Mace whooped him.

I would imagine Mace is a lot of people’s favorite charter (I know he’s mine) and it kills me that he’s NOT one of the best charters in this game.

I know you developers are busy (good work lately by the way.) and I’m also sure a rework is in the near future for the Jedi faction…so please think about my suggestions when you go to work on Mace. (Well chances are no developer will ever see this…or at least read the entire post…but one can hope.)

Thank you for your time,

Diangelo1973

Replies

• Options
    diangelo wrote: »
    I’ve been thinking of a Mace rework lately. He’s supposed to be the greatest of Jedi swordsman ever but in this game he’s a complete joke. So please consider this:

1. Shift his special “smite” to be his basic attack. “Deal special damage to target enemy and remove all positive status effects.

2. For his special how about some variation of “Converance” (like he has in ships) that would give offence up and damage immunity for a turn or two.

3. I guess leave his leader ability alone. (He didn’t seem like he did much as a leader when he let Palpatine kill the other Jedi when they went to arrest him.) oh and change the name of his leader ability and move the name “Vaapad” to his unique since that’s the fighting style and has nothing to do with being a leader.

4. And finally for his unique…Right now it’s the worst. (I mean completely useless when he is controlled by the AI since it doesn’t attack the exposed people.) He’s supposed to be the best with a light saber ever!! I would do two things…give him the same 100 counter/damage increase that Dooku has from “Flawless Riposte” (and not retribution that can be dispelled.) I mean what says greatest swordsman more that he ALWAYS counters? Hell you want him to be the greatest ever?? Make so he counters even when sunned/dazed or attached by someone stealthed...Second, you know how Maul deals double damage against Jedi? Well I would have Mace do double damage against Sith! Isn't Vaapad an anti-Sith style?

These changes would make him AWESOME! And he’s supposed to be awesome. I mean did you see how easy palp took out those other Jedi? And then it was one on one…and Mace whooped him.

I would imagine Mace is a lot of people’s favorite charter (I know he’s mine) and it kills me that he’s NOT one of the best charters in this game.

I know you developers are busy (good work lately by the way.) and I’m also sure a rework is in the near future for the Jedi faction…so please think about my suggestions when you go to work on Mace. (Well chances are no developer will ever see this…or at least read the entire post…but one can hope.)

Thank you for your time,

Diangelo1973

Yes I really like these Ideas But his Shatterpoint ability should inflict Death mark like the daily challenge version does and I think he should be more of a one man show Make him very like Kylo Ren I think only his stat stacks is more turn based and are doubled for every Sith on the field. what do you guys think
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    Mace needs a rework I agree on that, his kit remains too basic. As for Vaapad, whoever said it's anti-sith anywhere? It's an aggressive style very closer to sith in fact. Would be better if granted TM and retribution with crits, more agression, more turns.
  • Options
    Vapad in the way which mace uses it feeds off the dark side energy that sith Use to fuel there abilities Such as sith Rage
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Giving him the best Capital Ship was Mace's rework.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Mace is just messed up in my opinion. He's listed as a tank but doesn't have any tank skills, nor does he really have good tank stats. As an attacker he doesn't have any AOE nor is he able to consistently do good damage. On a rare occasion you'll get a crit on a shatterpointed enemy that was actually something you wanted to target and its amazing but most the time you end up shatterpointing something that wasn't high priorty or having shatterpoint pop up when a different enemy is taunting so its worthless. He offers nothing as support and his leader skill is alright but there are multiple other Jedi who I would use as lead for a Jedi team before I would consider Mace. Speed wise he isn't terrible, but he's not exactly good either.

Right now it seems like he's basically mediocre at everything, which makes him good for nothing. I'm still fairly new to the game so I'll gear him up more and probably use him for a while, since I can use him in space at least it won't be a total waste, but I know he won't have a spot on the squad if I continue to develop my Jedi squad.

My suggestions for Mace would be as follows...
    1. Invincible Assault - leave it as is, decent enough for a basic
    2. Smite - This needs a boost. If Mace's big attack skill is going to be a single target damage debuff it should do something like -1cd, -10% enemy TM, and +10% Mace TM for each buff removed.
    3. Vaapad - Make this a unique party buff rather than a leader skill that scales with the number of Jedi in the group. Even if Mace isn't as uber as a single character as a lot of other choices are this could be a trade off that makes people think twice about throwing him in a Jedi squad.
    4. Shatterpoint - Not a bad skill. Its nice when it works, its just unreliable. The amount of times it ends up on a low priority target or a target you'd hit if you could but stealth or taunt is preventing you makes it something I don't rely on but on the rare occasion the stars align its pretty decent. It would be nice to see Mace have the option to hit a shatterpointed enemy over regardless of stealth/taunt if he wants. Wouldn't really change things all that much and would still leave a lot of randomness to it...it would just make it more useful.

Overall the goal here would just be for Mace to bring a little more damage to the mix for Jedi parties since right now he doesn't really bring anything to the mix...his only saving grace is he's easy to get compared to some of the other Jedi, and the smite and shatterpoint changes would make him a bit more situationally useful, which in my opinion is something that requires more planning and tactics than just pumping up his stats or giving him a big AOE or something.
  • Options
    I hope one of the next faction reworks will be jedi. A lot of the jedis are outdated (not all qgj,ahsoka,gk are good) but there are so many with "old" kits which could really use some love.