Nevermind

Prev1
Juex777
968 posts Member
edited May 2017
It's not Rex by himself that's terribly difficult. It's tripple cleanse teams that are pretty much immune to debuffs. The issue people are upset about is that both debuffs and teams that crit, all other things being equal, are in trouble with a Rex lead tripple cleanse team. It's not that they're unbeatable, but they're very difficult for almost any team to beat.

I don't agree that toons should be nerfed, but it's dishonest not to at least acknowledge the issue. The way that R2 equalized things with Zaul would be an appropriate measure. Something should be released to not make Rex /triple cleanse unusable or go away, but something to even the odds.
Post edited by Juex777 on

Replies

• Options
    Yeah someone like Ahsoka, they said we'll use her to reach the OP toons, oh wait......yeah
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    If you give the Sith more than just Zavage as a cleanser and Empire toons get a real cleanser, then things would be different imo.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    rex lead will slowly disappear, some other members of that tripple cleanse team will remain.
    The team has had it's best days anyway.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I think that debuff teams need more something to make their debuffs stick than they need someone to cleanse debuffs, but both are stringent necessities.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    rex lead will slowly disappear, some other members of that tripple cleanse team will remain.

I dont know but who is the netx team leader????
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options

Maybe.... But I don't honestly see why, given he's still pretty solid. He's certainly not the only solid option. Even a double cleanse team without Rex or a triple cleanse team with R2 kind of falls into the same category.
  • Options
    I can see a Wedge Chaze Ahsoka R2 being close to the perfect team, so my money are on Wedge
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Wedge is a good lead with R2, Chaze and ashoka..... Sure. Same problem remains for debuff teams.... Crit teams should do better
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Rex's tm is pretty huge though... And that insured tenacity up is also pretty useful
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    How about a lead or unique that gives a high probability of also landing an ability block anytime a ally scores a debuff? Similar to Jyn's added expose on her leadership?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Juex777 wrote: »

Maybe.... But I don't honestly see why, given he's still pretty solid. He's certainly not the only solid option. Even a double cleanse team without Rex or a triple cleanse team with R2 kind of falls into the same category.

Rex will remain viable, but i predict he won't be part of the next "best" team.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not convinced there will be only one next best team.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Let me rephrase, he won't be the most used leader.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options

That's certainly quite possible. I'm not in the nerf anyone camp.... If that's not perfectly clear, BTW.
  • Options
    How about a lead or unique that gives a high probability of also landing an ability block anytime a ally scores a debuff? Similar to Jyn's added expose on her leadership?

Krennic.
  • Options

Because that setup is easy to beat with numerous combinations like Jedi, Wiggs, and Nihilus.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    DN is the best counter I've found to it. For sure.... But DN isn't the best or most balanced all around arena team
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    People are going to start complaining more about Jedi soon.... Especially once they get 1 more high dps toon! :)
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options

Because that setup is easy to beat with numerous combinations like Jedi, Wiggs, and Nihilus.

You mean Chaze, Wiggs and r2? Beating a cleanse team shouldn't take a cleanse team.
  • Options
    You want me to be honest?
    Once upon a time there was this extremely annoying Meta, a.k.a the High DPS meta. It was when toons like Rey shined. Do you see Rey in teams now? No? Do you know what changed? Pre-Taunters appeared.

So with the DPS meta crushed by pre-taunters something else had to be done. So B2 appeared to clear the annoying taunters. What happened next? Another toon or actually an updated version appeared. One that could fight against the dps toons without a single taunter. How you may wonder? Quite easily, by nullifying their ability to land crits. Because DPS toons without crits are pretty much nothing. But there was one more problem, B2. Who was gaining TM when an ally was attacked. What happened you may think? Well this mysterious toon received an update on one of it's abilities, allowing it to land an aoe daze.

Yes this toon was Zeta Maul. What happened next? People were getting annoyed by Zeta Maul so they began thinking again. What could possibly beat someone, that applies daze and is immune to crits, as well as having high evasion %? It has to be something that can kill them over time in the match, rather than instantly. And there appeared Rex and his famous triple cleanse team. Is there someone who can beat it? There is of course, a couple of teams actually, one of them being DN lead with Sith. The other being another triple cleanse team.

So you see OP, the meta is constantly evolving. It doesn't stay in one place, Rex's end will eventually come.
    Instead of whining about it, you should probably give it a shot and play with it while you still can.
  • Options

You mean Chaze, Wiggs and r2? Beating a cleanse team shouldn't take a cleanse team.

Those are just a few of the options. Zader with SA works too. Or Rex, Boba, Nihilus, Zylo, STH.

It just takes a lot of work to build a new arena team for most people. People built 3x cleanse to counter Zaul, that's not going to change overnight.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Once upon a time there was this extremely annoying Meta, a.k.a the High DPS meta. It was when toons like Rey shined. Do you see Rey in teams now? No? Do you know what changed? Pre-Taunters appeared.

So with the DPS meta crushed by pre-taunters something else had to be done. So B2 appeared to clear the annoying taunters. What happened next? Another toon or actually an updated version appeared. One that could fight against the dps toons without a single taunter. How you may wonder? Quite easily, by nullifying their ability to land crits. Because DPS toons without crits are pretty much nothing. But there was one more problem, B2. Who was gaining TM when an ally was attacked. What happened you may think? Well this mysterious toon received an update on one of it's abilities, allowing it to land an aoe daze.

Yes this toon was Zeta Maul. What happened next? People were getting annoyed by Zeta Maul so they began thinking again. What could possibly beat someone, that applies daze and is immune to crits, as well as having high evasion %? It has to be something that can kill them over time in the match, rather than instantly. And there appeared Rex and his famous triple cleanse team. Is there someone who can beat it? There is of course, a couple of teams actually, one of them being DN lead with Sith. The other being another triple cleanse team.

So you see OP, the meta is constantly evolving. It doesn't stay in one place, Rex's end will eventually come.
    Instead of whining about it, you should probably give it a shot and play with it while you still can.

I'm not whining about it. I'm just acknowledging a legitimate issue that people want to gloss over! I use Rex and often finish first in arena in my shard!
  • Options

First Order and Resistance are two other options that can handily beat 3x cleanse.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options

Those are just a few of the options. Zader with SA works too. Or Rex, Boba, Nihilus, Zylo, STH.

It just takes a lot of work to build a new arena team for most people. People built 3x cleanse to counter Zaul, that's not going to change overnight.

Yes. That's a solid team. I'm not saying triple cleanse should disappear. I'm just saying it makes a lot of teams irrelevant that needn't be. Zader is not a good option even though he's good against Rex.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options

First Order and Resistance are two other options that can handily beat 3x cleanse.

First order and resistance will have you spending refreshes everyday to climb back up.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Just because there are counters doesn't mean they're shouldn't also be equalizers..... Like R2
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    I can see a Wedge Chaze Ahsoka R2 being close to the perfect team, so my money are on Wedge

I actually see a zQGJ, zYoda, GK, zzR2 and Fulcrum Ahsoka being unbelievably tough to beat.

Really fast, plenty of buffs generated that Ahsoka can copy and use. Yoda steals opposing buffs with his AoE. GK converts debuffs to buffs with his cleanse.

Mod Ahsoka for speed and crit damage (she already has a pretty hi natural crit chance % but can add some secondaries of that as well) and you have one pretty frightening attacker.
  • Options
    Just because there are counters doesn't mean they're shouldn't also be equalizers..... Like R2

There are 2 flaws in your statement:

1. You're not striking at the root. Sith rework made Zaul OP, so Rex evolved.
    2. Something being used by a lot of people does not mean it is OP. If there are counters (in this case at least 6) it's not OP.

It'll fall out of favor now that R2 exists, the change won't happen overnight.

And no, if your Resistance squad is good and has R2 you won't need 10 attempts.
  • Options

I'm not whining about it. I'm just acknowledging a legitimate issue that people want to gloss over! I use Rex and often finish first in arena in my shard!

Good. Then you can also acknowledge that his reign will end just as Rey's did. Nothing is permanent.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

That's certainly quite possible. I'm not in the nerf anyone camp.... If that's not perfectly clear, BTW.

It seems like you're in a contest to see how many different "reduce the effectiveness of Rex" threads you can start without using the word nerf.

Counters to not just Rex, but the triple cleanse already exist. Instead of figuring ways to force debuff teams into a meta that was born out of countering debuffs, try moving in a different direction entirely.

Everyone is terrified to try new squads due to how difficult gear is to obtain. That's understandable. But adding too much to the game to counter one character or team that can already be beaten is not wise I think.

BTW, Tarkin now puts multiple irresistible debuffs on Rebels, and Krennic lead puts an irresistible ability block on any debuffed enemy when Empire toons crit. He also increases their crit chance. And their is an AoE dispeller that works well with him I think should you want to put resistible debuffs down with tenacity up. Just a thought.