Some clarity around Tarkin please.

TherealPhotor
88 posts Member
edited May 2017
So Tarkins basic (with omega) adds 50% potency (stacked) until he uses his aoe special, Ultimate firepower.

Does this mean:

A. A base potency that is at 25% goes to 75% (i.e. An actual 50% gain)

B. A base potency that is at 25% goes to 37.5% (i.e. A relative gain of 50%)

And secondly

If Ultimate firepower adds offense equal to double his potency then, if applied in the examples above:

A. The gain is 100 offense (like if I had 100 offense secondary on a mod)

B the gain is 25 offense?

Be grateful for some help.

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    It's A. 50% potency gets added on top of what he has. 25% would become 75%. Then 125% next time.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Yes it grants a 50% additive Potency boost each time it is used.

And Ultimate Firepower gains offense equal to double tarkin's potency percentage. Reading through the mechanics on swgoh.gg the ability does 43.9% of Tarkins special damage + 200% x (Tarkin's Potency Percentage). So if he has 315% potency the attack will deal 43.9% + 200% x (315) = 43.9% + 630% = 673.9% of Tarkin's Special damage. It's not a direct offense number in the calculation it's a percentage offense increase the same way Sidious's zeta gives him 50% more max health if he has 50% potency. It doesn't simply give him 50 more max health.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    I'd also like a couple things explained.

1. Can the 50% potency from his Basic Attack be dispelled?
    2. If Tarkin has Buff Immunity, will he still gain the potency from his Basic Attack?
  • Options
    Are those increases only if he has zetas? I haven't gotten zetas yet.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Those are not reliant on zetas. Those are reworked mechanics of his skills.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

2. If Tarkin has Buff Immunity, will he still gain the potency from his Basic Attack?

That's kinda hard to figure out. It SHOULDN'T be able to be dispelled and it SHOULDN'T be stopped by buff immunity, but who knows. That kind of thing is hard to test. It'd be easiest to test with Tarkin at very low potency, have him get buff immunity use his basic a few times and see what the damage comes out to be. Then retreat, go in and use ultimate firepower right away.

Same thing would go for the dispel, hopefully you run into a B2 or Ventress in your GW lol. (Baze might kill Tarkin before you can figure it out)
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Just needs an omega on his basic to stack potency with his basic. The Zeta on his unique gives additional potency for debuffed enemies. That's the only one that needs a Zeta.

The stacking potency from his basic isn't a buff, and cannot be dispelled.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Just needs an omega on his basic to stack potency with his basic. The Zeta on his unique gives additional potency for debuffed enemies. That's the only one that needs a Zeta.

Well JKA's offense from his unique wasn't a buff but it used to be blocked by buff immunity and shock... I mean they've since fixed that, but who knows if everything new will always work correctly. He's not a rebel so...
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    @JacenRoe I agree, that's how we assume it should work. Based on the backpedaling they've been doing lately, I just want to make sure that's correct and actually IS working as intended.

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Well JKA's offense from his unique wasn't a buff but it used to be blocked by buff immunity and shock... I mean they've since fixed that, but who knows if everything new will always work correctly. He's not a rebel so...

That is true. It would be more accurate to say that his stacking potency isn't a buff, so it SHOULDN'T be dispelled, or prevented from stacking. If that happens it's a bug.
  • Options

And Ultimate Firepower gains offense equal to double tarkin's potency percentage. Reading through the mechanics on swgoh.gg the ability does 43.9% of Tarkins special damage + 200% x (Tarkin's Potency Percentage). So if he has 315% potency the attack will deal 43.9% + 200% x (315) = 43.9% + 630% = 673.9% of Tarkin's Special damage. It's not a direct offense number in the calculation it's a percentage offense increase the same way Sidious's zeta gives him 50% more max health if he has 50% potency. It doesn't simply give him 50 more max health.

That's useful thanks. So, my Tarkin special damage is at 4100. In your example would I multiply this number by 673% i.e. 27.5k? Or, in other words, for every basic attack I'll be adding 4100(ish) to his damage?
  • Options
    It's A. 50% potency gets added on top of what he has. 25% would become 75%. Then 125% next time.

Thank you. Was hoping it was B as would have gone mad the longer you wait (which baring in mind how long you would need to keep him alive seems a good trade off)
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

That's useful thanks. So, my Tarkin special damage is at 4100. In your example would I multiply this number by 673% i.e. 27.5k? Or, in other words, for every basic attack I'll be adding 4100(ish) to his damage?

Yep! That all is excluding the opponents resistance and Tarkin's resistance penetration, but that is essentially what it will come down to.

Personally I kinda wish they put some of the TMR on Intimidation Tactics, and had Ultimate Firepower start on cooldown. That way it would kind of force you to let "the death star" charge up it's laser before unleashing massive damage.
  • Options

Yep! That all is excluding the opponents resistance and Tarkin's resistance penetration, but that is essentially what it will come down to.

Personally I kinda wish they put some of the TMR on Intimidation Tactics, and had Ultimate Firepower start on cooldown. That way it would kind of force you to let "the death star" charge up it's laser before unleashing massive damage.

Yeah would be awesome to have a nuke like Darth N but on AOE! May break the game I guess though...(or certainly change the meta)

It does put Callous Conviction Zeta into perspective. At best (in arena) it's 100% extra potency which is the same as 2 basic attacks... I'm not sure that's Zeta quality (unless I'm missing something)
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Yeah would be awesome to have a nuke like Darth N but on AOE! May break the game I guess though...(or certainly change the meta)

It does put Callous Conviction Zeta into perspective. At best (in arena) it's 100% extra potency which is the same as 2 basic attacks... I'm not sure that's Zeta quality (unless I'm missing something)

Yeah, I don't think either of his Zetas are very worth while. It's simply just like starting 2 basic attacks ahead of the game, but the AOE doesn't start off all that strong so I feel like you're gonna need 5-8 attacks in before you really wanna use it. Which isn't really covered by the zeta. Theres also enough cleansers that even the unresistable effects won't stick around very long. Which also impacts his leader zeta. Sure you might have unresistable debuffs, but they won't last.
  • Options
    His zetas aren't worhwhile because his kit is not good enough. The buildup of his AOE is slow, and it resets his potency once you use it and then you start over. Just a bad ability. I have used him in arena, and he doesn't even come close to beating Chaze.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    Zeta on Callous Convition benefits his defense more than it does his offense.

Once Zader gets his Force Choke off, Tarkin become much tougher to kill.

Tarkin's main Purposr for me is keeping the enemy from doing too much damage too quick and gives my team more time to build momentum.

I still drop just as much on defense as I did when I ran Zavage, but Tarkin is more fun than Savage on offense.

I am very happy with Tarkin. He's not a meta changer but he is quite good.
  • Options

Tarkin's main Purposr for me is keeping the enemy from doing too much damage too quick and gives my team more time to build momentum.

I still drop just as much on defense as I did when I ran Zavage, but Tarkin is more fun than Savage on offense.

You obviously aren't playing top arena teams on mature shards. We didn't need another character that helps with GW, we already got that with Veers.

We need something to make the Empire gel and be on par with current teams.
  • Options

You obviously aren't playing top arena teams on mature shards. We didn't need another character that helps with GW, we already got that with Veers.

I agree we need stronger empire, but you know, Offense is easy, Defense not so much. I tested out Zader, Zarkin, V.Fast DT, GK and Zihilus and they rolled the top Zaul and triple cleanse teams and dropped to 8th overnight. They struggled against DN lead which is interesting. I also dropped Saxon in as lead and it gives Zarkin a very fast ramp on his potency due to all the counter attacks. I'll leave Saxon in as lead and see how far they drop.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Bet if you put Tarkin behind a Krennic led trooper-wall (Shore+Storm), he'd have plenty of time to turn ultimate firepower into an AOE annihilate
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

There are definitely tougher shards out there than mine but I fight most of the meta teams.

Triple cleanse teams
    Rex Lead with Chaze, DN and R2
    zMaul teams of various flavors
    Rex lead teams with R2 and Zylo
    DN lead (actually difficult with my Zader squad which is surprising)

The squad I think I would have the toughest time with is zQGJ teams but there is only one or two of those in my top 50 and really only one in top 10.

I'm definitely not the cream of the crop in my shard but I did take 1st at my payout time so that's good enough for me.

Edit:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/gaidal cain/

I also have no cleanser in my current which is my biggest weakness right now.
  • Norton
    23 posts Member
    Options
    I run Vader , will soon be Zader, Tarkin , Zoba, EP, and Shore Trooper all G11 except shore is 5 star and can get to into the 30's . I imagine when I zeta Vader and get shore to 7star . I will be able to hit top 10. Just guessing??