Question re: Mod Farming Locations

adfcta
27 posts Member
Hello,
I feel this should be rather obvious, but it's not clear to me the best way to hunt specific mods within mod challenges.

Is there any specific advantage to farming one mod challenge over another, other than getting the set bonuses? Like, are you more likely to get potency adding mods in the potency mod challenge than in, say the health mod challenge?

I ask because I happen to have most of the tier 3 challenges opened, but want to know if there is any point in building teams for the other ones - And if there is one or more particular mod challenges I should focus on

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    Potency challenges(for example) give you Potency mods. What this means is that a set of Potency mods(2 total mods) will give you a Potency bonus. However the Primary stats of the mod and the Secondary stats of the mod are in no way dependent on the type of the Mod.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    No, only the set bonus changes. If you have access to top tier in several challenges, and don't need the set bonus of others, no need to build teams for that reason.

However, you don't have to max a team to beat the highest tier, g8-9 might be enough, or even less with good mods. And if you miss Resistance or First Order, it might be a good idea nonetheless to farm them, as they're bound to get new toons in a few months' time.
  • adfcta
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you both. I appreciate the quick response

That takes away the guesswork and wondering if I was wasting time on the wrong challenges.

Most of the tiers I've unlocked occurred because I happened to have acquired the characters through normal game play, not specifically team building. For example, getting the 7* R2 in the event finished off my resistance team.

Take care
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    @adfcta What teams are you missing ?
  • adfcta
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Hi Ambassador,

I haven't unlocked:

-Critical Damage T1-T3 yet - need to level/gear up Jawas
    -Offense T1-T3 - still need to unlock FO stormtrooper and gear up officer and pilot - Phasma and Kylo are leveled fine.

Other than I've completed all the other tiers of all the challenges.
  • Options
    adfcta wrote: »
    Hi Ambassador,

I haven't unlocked:

-Critical Damage T1-T3 yet - need to level/gear up Jawas
    -Offense T1-T3 - still need to unlock FO stormtrooper and gear up officer and pilot - Phasma and Kylo are leveled fine.

Other than I've completed all the other tiers of all the challenges.

Those are the two best sets, IMO. CD sets have been disabled somewhat by the crit immunities running around in Arena, but those immunities are not guaranteed and do not last forever. The damage boost you get from a CD set is not to be ignored.
    Gear up those little guys and get those mods, is my recommendation.
  • adfcta
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks Eventine - nice to see a Shannara fan around here. (Elfstones was the best book, and the TV show is crap - just to get that out of the way)

I have it on the "to do" list - and with the current Luke flash events I'm sure that team is going to start to round into shape for me.

Thanks sir.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with EventineElessedil, those are two of the best sets (with Potency for debuffers, CritChance for Clones, Speed for the super-fast toons). With the current focus in Arena on anti-crit, I'd say the Crit Damage mods are not a priority anymore, but Offense are really useful, and First Order are bound to become more numerous by the end of the year - and they make a pretty efficient team when properly geared, modded and zetaed.
  • Options
    adfcta wrote: »
    Thanks Eventine - nice to see a Shannara fan around here. (Elfstones was the best book, and the TV show is **** - just to get that out of the way)

Agreed on both counts! That television series was just awful. I could not finish it. Far too angsty for me. I feel bad for Terry Brooks, that they turned his story into that mess.

The bad thing about farming CD mods from the challenges is that you end up with a jawa squad you will probably not use much. An FO squad, on the other hand, is a raging beast capable of competing at the top of arena, even with just offense mods.*

*I run a FO squad in arena, but I have a CD set on FOTP because he is a murder machine and when his crits land, it hurts. Badly.
  • adfcta
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Don't feel too bad for Terry, he has been an ardent supporter of the changes and heavily involved.

Thanks for the advice. Theres always something new to keep working on...I figured I'd start ramping FO this summer in anticipation of additional options once the new movie hit. Assume Hux will get introduced, maybe FN-2199 and off I will go, chasing yet another carrot.