How about the event is actually winnable?

Luke event opened for me 20 mins ago. Have tried it with event units 10 times. I lose every single time. Playing with my own chars that would make sense but these are event units. So what's the deal? There is no strategy and your event units keep getting beaten. Just a way to dangle gear credit and shards we can't have? I'm so looking forward to future events with event units where RNG is always in the AI's favor. Nice

Replies

• Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options
    You can't win with it on auto.

Try saving your specials for the final encounter.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Options
    Arkham wrote: »

Ironically thats the only way i did win it hehe
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Arkham wrote: »

Ironically thats the only way i did win it hehe

Lol >.<

I guess I've used jawas (and tusken too, funnily) enough that the strategy is second nature to me. If it had been pheonix squad, I may have been up the same cruddy creek.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    You CAN win it with auto. That's the only way I've won it. I guarantee you'll beat it within 3 tries on auto
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    CWOJedisix wrote: »
    Luke event opened for me 20 mins ago. Have tried it with event units 10 times. I lose every single time. Playing with my own chars that would make sense but these are event units. So what's the deal? There is no strategy and your event units keep getting beaten. Just a way to dangle gear credit and shards we can't have? I'm so looking forward to future events with event units where RNG is always in the AI's favor. Nice

I had to play the last tier (not bonus yet) at least 10 times in a row. Eventually I got RNG in my favour and actually seemed to win the match with no losses - who does that even happen??

What I am saying is eventually - you will get RNG that works in you favour.
  • Options
    I've spent almost 3 hours (over the course of several iterations of the'flash') doing the auto on tier 3 but haven't beaten it since some miracle of all miracles happened on day 1.

This is a terrible event that's way too hard for a payout that isn't even worth the time.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Bonus tier is not winnable. I got Luke to the right rarity to participate, also got him to gear 10 and gave him my best mods with speed, health, protection and offence - he takes a beating every time.

What's the point?
  • Options
    I three-starred bonus tier will gear eight Luke the first time I played it but haven't beat it since
  • Options
    Had 25 minute phone conversation with EA concerning AI being overpowered not only for the flash event but the forest moon event as well they are supposed to be looking into it
  • Options
    EA rep said that there was possibly a bug
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    You CAN win it with auto. That's the only way I've won it. I guarantee you'll beat it within 3 tries on auto
    Not in my experience. I've only ever won T3 by doing it manually. On day 2 I did T3 exclusively and tried autoing it since folks were saying to try that--never once won it on auto.

Also never once failed T3 totally, by being shut out for an hour. Longest it took me to win was a half hour of tries.

Anyway, once I noticed the loot gave prototypes instead of salvage, I started doing T2 exclusively. Can never have too many BlasTec Weapon Mods!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.