Anyone notice a difference in arena fighting?

I am always top 20, some times top 10, most of time I go 5-0.
Today I started from 53rd (usually 30's-40's), I lost first 3 battles.

First one, I didn't think much, just felt enemy team with Phasma lead, had A TON of assist, fine, bad luck.
Second one, me and opponent had same lineup, except my Poe is 6* his is 3, my JC is 7* his is 5, I had all gear 8 when his Phasma is gear 7, he was also 2 levels down with 3k less power. On paper, I shall beat him. But no, they attacked roughly 3x more than me, when we both had 3 hero's left, they attacked 7 times when I attacked twice. As if that's not enough, his Poe hit 3200 damage, I have never seen a Poe hit that hard.
Third one, this is his line up, it took out my Poe in first round, I have never had Poe taken out in first round unless opponent is high DPS, his Boba hit 4500 on my Poe, I never knew that was possible. So basically he took out my Poe and I gun down his Boba, we had same 4 toons left and still had a fair fight, but no, Boba revived himself, I put him down, revived again, repeat and repeat, it **** revived 6 straight times.

I can't help but wondering, since now arena teams are revealed, is this CG's way of compensation by making battles harder for challenger??

25headz.jpg

Replies

• Options
    The biggest difference, for me, is the health steal working. Makes taking the other toons out a little harder.
  • Options
    Take boba out last, he is slow and after his aoe he doesnt do much anymore.
  • Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »

First one, I didn't think much, just felt enemy team with Phasma lead, had A TON of assist, fine, bad luck.
    Second one, me and opponent had same lineup, except my Poe is 6* his is 3, my JC is 7* his is 5, I had all gear 8 when his Phasma is gear 7, he was also 2 levels down with 3k less power. On paper, I shall beat him. But no, they attacked roughly 3x more than me, when we both had 3 hero's left, they attacked 7 times when I attacked twice. As if that's not enough, his Poe hit 3200 damage, I have never seen a Poe hit that hard.
    Third one, this is his line up, it took out my Poe in first round, I have never had Poe taken out in first round unless opponent is high DPS, his Boba hit 4500 on my Poe, I never knew that was possible. So basically he took out my Poe and I gun down his Boba, we had same 4 toons left and still had a fair fight, but no, Boba revived himself, I put him down, revived again, repeat and repeat, it **** revived 6 straight times.

I can't help but wondering, since now arena teams are revealed, is this CG's way of compensation by making battles harder for challenger??

I did 10 arena fights after the new release today (2 accounts), and I had the same type of high enemy attack ratio in one of my fights (in my fight, they attacked 8 straight times before I got 1 attack after my Sid and GS had traded shots with theirs) with a team that was essentially the same characters and power as mine. They had Stormtrooper Han instead of my IG-86. Otherwise identical. My other fights seemed normal. Not sure if this is a bug of some sort, or just bad luck in one fight.
  • Options
    I had two matches after the update and they both seemed easier than usual. But i got to pick the teams i matched up against better.
  • Options
    Yeah, I got my butt kicked hard by a 1000 pts lower team rating...
    So many attacks against me, and I swear Phasma called in extra attacks from two characters at the same time at one time...
  • Options
    GruyloRen wrote: »

I did 10 arena fights after the new release today (2 accounts), and I had the same type of high enemy attack ratio in one of my fights (in my fight, they attacked 8 straight times before I got 1 attack after my Sid and GS had traded shots with theirs) with a team that was essentially the same characters and power as mine. They had Stormtrooper Han instead of my IG-86. Otherwise identical. My other fights seemed normal. Not sure if this is a bug of some sort, or just bad luck in one fight.

ST Han makes a huge difference in turn meter manipulation so that's a huge reason why.
  • Options
    Take boba out last, he is slow and after his aoe he doesnt do much anymore.

Usually I would.
    but he was near death at end of round 1, plus he hit 4500 on my Poe!!
  • Options
    Ezeziel wrote: »
    Yeah, I got my butt kicked hard by a 1000 pts lower team rating...
    So many attacks against me, and I swear Phasma called in extra attacks from two characters at the same time at one time...

I run a Phasma lead team with both GS and IG-86. That triple attack happens reasonably often with those characters - GS or IG uses their special attack and calls an assist, and then Phasma adds another one.
  • Options
    GruyloRen wrote: »

ST Han makes a huge difference in turn meter manipulation so that's a huge reason why.

Maybe, though I've fought teams with Han before without running into that. Like I said, maybe just luck, though the OP had a similar experience, so maybe not.
  • Options
    The biggest difference, for me, is the health steal working. Makes taking the other toons out a little harder.

Can you please elaborate?
  • Options
    Almost exact same thing happened to me. Had 1 battle left in arena after the update. Faced an almost identical team to mine - and the other team got WAY more attacks. Especially with 3 characters left. His 3 all went twice ( taking out 2 of mine) before I got a turn.
  • WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Can you please elaborate?

Some characters gain health when they attack, some more than others. So, every time one of those characters lands a hit, your team or theirs, the character gets a small heal. This can make it harder to focus them down.
    Post edited by WildWest1974 on
  • Mako482
    84 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just fought one I know I would normally win. My toons were doing pathetic damage, meanwhile my enemy was melting faces. Not amused right now. Leave it to them to break the game.
  • kyd462
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've noticed the same thing, and I'm not sure it has to do with character abilities. To me, about a week or 2 ago, there was an abrupt change in how arena matches play out (only arena matches).

Recently I noticed a couple matches where my meters seemed to only increase in tiny amounts, while the enemy's increased normally (no buffs or debuffs). We had the same lineup, and my toons were all at least 1 star higher, better gear, higher levels, and over 2k power difference. Other than Phasma (who hadn't cast her speed down yet) there weren't any turn-controlling toons on either team either. The effect I noticed was even worse than speed down. More than half the team would attack between each single turn one of mine would take. It was ridiculous.

I don't mind a challenge, and I really don't mind losing at all, but lately I feel totally ripped off after most arena matches. I don't have that issue at all in GW though, so I don't think it has to do with abilities.
  • scca325is
    36 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Same issue here.

Before the latest update, I would regularly place in the top 150 in the arena. Playing 5-10 times in a day.

Now, with the same play rate, I can barely keep in the top 300.

My top roster:

Phasma L70, *7, Gear8 (L)
    Lumi L70, *7, Gear9
    Sid L65, *7, Gear9
    JC L65, *7, Gear9
    Leia L62, *7, Gear8

Sometimes I will swap Sid or JC for Dooku L65, *6, Gear9

The last 8 arena battles I was against Phasma (L), Lumi (L), or Sid (L) and each time I was barely able to knock down two of the AI toons.

The last battle I was up against Talia (L), Sid, Lumi, JC, and Savage, and 8/10 of times my attacks were dodged. Non of my special abilities ever landed.

I am a P2P player, I love this game, and it was worth it. But now, with these changes (and the GW changes), I am constantly frustrated by the level of obscene difficulty and outright lack of AI fairness. I understand the intent is not to make it too easy, but at the level I have farmed and grown my team, I don't even know if getting my toons maxed out will be worth it.

FYI, I have accumulated 90% of the toons in the game, and over half of them are *5 or above at least at L50, Gear6 or above. And I still can't get through a complete GW anymore.

All-in-all, still love this game, but I am increasingly loosing faith.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So arena is 0 sum. Meaning if teams are defending better people should be losing rank less. Or at least certain teams should be losing ranks less.

Which appears to be true as I only lost one battle over the last 20 hrs when it would normally be 3-4. I was attributing it to getting 3 guys to 6 stars