Best Increment to Sim Cantina Nodes

J7Luke
484 posts Member
edited May 2017
I have heard some people claim that 2, 3, 4, or 5 is the magic number of sims to do at a time in order to "beat" the RNG while using sim tickets to farm character shards from a cantina battle node. What is your opinion on the ideal sim number?

Thanks!

Best Increment to Sim Cantina Nodes 20 votes

0%
5%
Succulentfiend 1 vote
25%
p3x8975KyJoe_CoolHuffdawg42ZainzSmowy 5 votes
5%
Klocko 1 vote
10%
Sticare_Courts_0073OmnipotentB3ast 2 votes
All Available Energy
20%
EventineElessedilYesacfotrovinaSetlian_1978 4 votes
It Doesn't Matter, Just Close Your Eyes and Let RNJesus Take the Wheel
35%
BooSupercatDatBoi3Cheers4TyrannyAdmiral_Wh1skersxtended2lGambrinusKluk 7 votes
Other (Say What in Comments)
0%

Replies

• KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    That's my personal opinion. I've noticed that if I only do 1, I get zero shards. If I do 2, it's a 50/50 chance of one shard. Surprisingly if I do 3, I always typically get one to two shards. Rarely none.
    Yet go figure. Sometimes I've had say 140 energy and simmed (a cantina battle that costs 10 energy) 14 times, yet gotten only 4 shards! It's crazy. Sometimes it's a Jedi mind trick, and sometimes it's just luck!
    Hope that helps. :wink:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    A random number generator isn't called random for nothing. The probability of a pull isn't affected by the sample size.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    A random number generator isn't called random for nothing. The probability of a pull isn't affected by the sample size.
    This

It has been statistically proven the drop rates are the same.
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    That's my personal opinion. I've noticed that if I only do 1, I get zero shards. If I do 2, it's a 50/50 chance of one shard. Surprisingly if I do 3, I always typically get one to two shards. Rarely none.
    Yet go figure. Sometimes I've had say 140 energy and simmed (a cantina battle that costs 10 energy) 14 times, yet gotten only 4 shards! It's crazy. Sometimes it's a Jedi mind trick, and sometimes it's just luck!

1/3 = 33%
    4/14 = 29%
    Very close.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    This

It has been statistically proven the drop rates are the same.
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

1/3 = 33%
    4/14 = 29%
    Very close.

Yah it's close but I typically get 2 shards per 3 sims!
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! This will save me some time, I was doing it by twos, lol.