Injustice 2 Mobile Operations Game Mode Idea For This Game

So Injustice 2 Mobile has a game mode called Operations. For those that don't know, you assign a character to do some mission that takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 12 hours (maybe more, I just have it unlocked currently so the highest mission takes 12 hours). For completing the missions, you are rewarded at random energy, character shards, gear, SIM tickets, XP Capsules, tokens/credits (for sure), and crystals/gems. Plus actual XP for that character, which is also for sure. And the higher the difficulty/time it takes to complete the missions, the better rewards.

I would like to see this type of game mode brought to Galaxy Of Heroes. I think it would be pretty cool to send individual characters out on missions to possibly get rewards. Only CON about the game mode is that whatever character you send on a mission, you can't use in other parts of the game until the mission is complete.

But with how Injustice 2 does it, it's still possible for the developers and EA to possibly make money off the game mode. Injustice 2 allows you to spend crystals/gems on completing the missions instantly or upgrading things to reduce completion time, more credits/tokens, increase the chance for gear/character shards, amount of XP, and gems/crystals. So players can have the option to spend crystals that they may have actually bought on this game mode.

And I see nothing wrong with Galaxy Of Heroes copying Injustice 2. Injustice 2 is pretty much a Galaxy Of Heroes type game but just a fighting game like Marvel: Contest Of Champions. And Injustice 2 has an Arena game mode and does the whole character shard stuff. PLUS DC Legends just added its version of Galactic War to the game. So Galaxy Of Heroes can "copy/borrow" from Injustice 2. There is nothing wrong with it, in my opinion. Other games seem to be "borrowing" from Galaxy Of Heroes.

Replies

• Options
    No
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    The idea of sending toons to that kind of missions was already suggested many times, many people like the idea :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    Fahrius wrote: »
    The idea of sending toons to that kind of missions was already suggested many times, many people like the idea :smile:

That's sad, but they could give player XP and Training Droids too, and if they add it to the ships, it'll be even better, maybe that way you can even have Hardware gear
  • AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, the only thing these two games have in common are that they are, well, games. They are nothing alike. I also don't like this idea, as it wouldn't bring any game play. Is looking at a timer really that fun for you?
  • Options
    I like this as long as it won't have its own exclusive gear that EVERYONE will need
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    Wow, the only thing these two games have in common are that they are, well, games. They are nothing alike. I also don't like this idea, as it wouldn't bring any game play. Is looking at a timer really that fun for you?

This. These game modes would only reduce actual gameplay. You send off a toon for a specific time, and for that amount of time you actually have less options in gameplay because you have one less skillset to make use of. Sending characters of missions is cool, but at least allow us to play these missions. I'm not really looking forward to playing the game less while I'm in the app. Seems wrong and is definitely not captivating.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

This. These game modes would only reduce actual gameplay. You send off a toon for a specific time, and for that amount of time you actually have less options in gameplay because you have one less skillset to make use of. Sending characters of missions is cool, but at least allow us to play these missions. I'm not really looking forward to playing the game less while I'm in the app. Seems wrong and is definitely not captivating.

You are missing the point. You can send them on missions while you go to bed and wake up to prizes or whatever. Or while you are at work. Point is you are earning stuff while you are not playing.
  • Options
    Fahrius wrote: »

Oh. Did not know that. I knew I should've done some searching for similar threads on this topic. But I started playing back in September/October 2016 and didn't start coming on the forums until like December 2016 or January 2017. Plus I don't visit these forums too often. Maybe once a day or once every 2-3 days.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »

You are missing the point. You can send them on missions while you go to bed and wake up to prizes or whatever. Or while you are at work. Point is you are earning stuff while you are not playing.

Yeah. This mode would work for when you'll be away from the game for a few hours. Either because of work, traveling (you being the driver or can't use your phone while traveling), or going to bed. I usually do a 12-hour mission when I'm going to bed when I play Injustice 2 Mobile.

Also, this mode doesn't use up actual energy in Injustice 2. So if Galaxy Of Heroes does it similar, then you won't use up Light/Dark Side energy or Cantina Battles energy.

Plus this would be a good way to use characters that you aren't really using or ones you want to level up/use but are too weak to use in Galactic War or raids.

Probably the best time to use any characters would be after you complete Galactic War for the day, or can't participate in raids since you used up your five chances, or the characters died.
  • Options

I saw this mode as a way to level/use characters that you want to level/use anyway, but are too weak to use. Also, this mode would be good for when you are away from the game. Like when you go to bed. Plus just wait until you are done with raids, Galactic War, and Arena before doing them.
  • Options
    Sounds pretty boring. Give more content that actually allows you to play the game, not just kick off a timer.
  • Options
    Sounds pretty boring. Give more content that actually allows you to play the game, not just kick off a timer.

Yeah. It would be nice to have another game mode to ACTUALLY play. But this mode comes in handy for when you'll be away. And I was just putting it out there for a suggestion, although I didn't realize it was already brought up many times. I really should've done some research before creating ANOTHER thread. That's why I don't make threads often and just reply to stuff on Page 1 of General Discussion.
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    Options

Agreed it'd be a boring mechanic and would make this game more of a waiting game, although the resources would be worth it the problem is this. I don't care that I'm not aloud to use X toon while he or she is out on there "mission" because that toon I send is going to be one of the many low level Toons that I don't even touch. Maybe tweak the system so certain missions have certain level or Star requirements, even then sending only 1 toon isn't all that detrimental.
  • Options
    CameronD wrote: »

Agreed it'd be a boring mechanic and would make this game more of a waiting game, although the resources would be worth it the problem is this. I don't care that I'm not aloud to use X toon while he or she is out on there "mission" because that toon I send is going to be one of the many low level Toons that I don't even touch. Maybe tweak the system so certain missions have certain level or Star requirements, even then sending only 1 toon isn't all that detrimental.

Injustice 2 limits each type of mission/operation by power level. Star level, gear level, level of skills, actual level, and so on don't matter. It's all about power level. So you just need a power level of 2,000 to do an operation that takes like 60 or 90 minutes.

Also, you can spend crystals/gems to reduce the amount of time taken. I spent some (reward) crystals on stuff for operations. So the 12-hour operation mission now takes a few minutes short of 11 hours. I think it takes 10 hours 54 minutes.

Oh and Injustice 2 (for now, and maybe just me (for now)) limits it to 3 operations at a time. So you can only send like 3 characters max. But usually I just do the 10 hours 54 minutes one when I go to bed. I will be away from the game for 8-10 hours, plus they have the best payout/rewards.