New patch Haves Vs Have nots

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad to see new content and balancing. However, I have to say I'm a little worried this patch will make it impossible to compete with whales entirely. I'm not F2P having invested roughly $100 or so just to keep up with levels. While I'm no whale I have at least been able to finish top 10 arena most of the time. Arena was already nearly impossible to beat teams with Leia but this patch will not only secure her position but give whales even more to make them unstoppable. Here are a few reasons why I think this:

1) Leia didn't get a nerf and still 1 shots everything rarely coming out of invis. Really she got buffed since the only way to beat her before was to win a coin toss and stun or kill her before she moved. now with speed lead thats impossible.

2) The best F2P Leaders took a hit with Poe and Phasma being nerfed. I agree they needed it but its a hit since farming a hero takes normal players a month.

2) Speed leader buff opens up a world of hurt to F2P players who can in almost every scenario pick up the hero with speed leader but not his partners. IE: QGJ but not OLD Ben. Ackbar without Leia

3) Whales are the only players who will get the free hero. For anyone else to have a team of 5 jedi at 5*+ they needed to start farming before this event was announced.

4) Shard shop is great and all but while it rewards everyone a bit the whales can buy every shard in there while the rest of us can only pull about 2 - 4 shards giving them even more ability to have diverse teams that can adapt to these nerfs/buffs in the patches quickly.

I have no problem with the whales having much more diverse team options then the rest of us but am I alone to think within a week F2P will be fighting for ranks 10+ while the whales on each server will fight between themselves for 1 - 10 depending how many are on your server?

Replies

• Options
    Personally I'm waiting for the full update before making any judgements. They haven't done the character changes, released any new characters or potentially changed toon availability until the forced update tomorrow.
  • Options
    Personally, I'm hoping to see some of the previously Chromium exclusives moved to existing stores...perhaps one per store. Might alleviate your entire concern...unless of course, they add another toon or two in which in the FTP mind unbalances the game all over again.

It's the nature of the "hero" genre. People will always complain about that which they don't have.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    Let's be clear about how the game works. Whales finance the majority and in return the majority give them the player base. Chromium only toons have been there since the game launched and the shard exchange brings one more toon exactly like that, exclusive. Nothing has changed in that respect.

In fact, I'm glad that they are getting some returns on the money they wasted financing the game, getting useless shards in their Chromium pulls. More whales means better and longer development in the game.

It's not like P2P like OP and me and F2Ps are being shafted. The whales are just getting another exclusive toon.