How is Chirrut Without Baze?

Prev1
I'll be unlocking Chirrut soon and was looking to sub him in for Luminara Unduli in my Light Side/Arena team. However, since I'm only level 75, I won't be unlocking Baze for a while.

If it helps, I almost have K-2SO leveled and geared up and will be adding him and, once I unlock him soon, Cassian Andor to my team too, or maybe Jyn Erso (which I am also trying to collect shards for right now).

So, would Chirrut work alright without Baze? Or is he not worth it?

Current Team:
Wedge (L) 6*, Gear VIII, Lvl 72
Biggs 7*, Gear VIII, Lvl 70
Admiral Ackbar 6*, Gear VII, Lvl 68
Emperor Palpatine 5*, Gear VIII, Lvl 68
Luminara Unduli 6*, Gear VI, Lvl 73

Replies

• Options
    Horrible. His health pool is very Low without Baze.

OP, farm Baze through shipments as he's viable at 3*
  • Options
    Is fine not op or super strong but isnt bad
  • Options

How do I farm Baze through Shipments if he's only available in battle 9-C? (Serious question)
  • Options

How do I farm Baze through Shipments if he's only available in battle 9-C? (Serious question)

He means buy for diamonds in shipments
  • Options

He means buy for diamonds in shipments
    Oh, I never have enough crystals though :( everyone on here recommends to refresh Cantina energy twice and regular energy, but for some reason I always only have enough crystals to refresh normal energy twice and then I run out of crystals :( Is there something I'm doing wrong? How do I get more crystals?
  • Options
    You buy them. Mostly 2800 for $20.
  • Options

Welp. I'm F2P so I guess I won't be doing that :p
  • Jacman11
    29 posts Member
    Options

Lol.

Well the other way is to get higher in arena ranking, check the prizes tab in squad arena and you can see the reward tiers.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    He's okay.

It's like Biggs and Wedge. Individually they're okay characters, but they're better together. My Rogue One characters are just wee little babies right now (Baze is 35/50 to even being unlocked) but I thrown them into Galactic War once in a while to see what happens and they usually surprise me.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

crystal shipments. His price just got dropped to 50/shard, a good buy IMO.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    He's okay.

It's like Biggs and Wedge. Individually they're okay characters, but they're better together. My Rogue One characters are just wee little babies right now (Baze is 35/50 to even being unlocked) but I thrown them into Galactic War once in a while to see what happens and they usually surprise me.

Jyn (L) Chaze K-assian is a decent and solid team on offense, but drop like crazy on defense. Dropped from #24 to #59 last night.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    He's not amazing without Baze, but he's probably still better than Luminara. He's a better healer than she is, better support character, can deal more damage, counter attacks, has a ton of health steal and has essentially identical health pool and protection pool except his protection pool is slightly larger actually. In other words, definitely put him in over Luminara once you have enough stars for him.
  • Options
    As a f2p, it's a slow farm, but it can be done. If you can just push into top 50 arena spot thats150 crystals a day. You can buy baze in shipments for 3/ 150. Also, chirrut shows up in fleet store sometimes. Even at 3* baze can soak up damage. I would just keep plugging away. Good luck
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    He's not amazing without Baze, but he's probably still better than Luminara. He's a better healer than she is, better support character, can deal more damage, counter attacks, has a ton of health steal and has essentially identical health pool and protection pool except his protection pool is slightly larger actually. In other words, definitely put him in over Luminara once you have enough stars for him.

Bassicaly he is a great toon without beong OP. When he is without Baze, that is.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options

I'm holding at top 20, don't do normal and energy refill. Saving n enough crystals to buy shards/gear from shipment.

Chirrut is great, got 48k on crit hit with his special. But as already told, he is weak/low hp without baze. Replace lumi with chirrut is not good i think. Ur team need tank.. put tank until u get baze. Obviously, ur team have many low hp char. If u want keep healer, get barriss. Her hp is quite good (put 6x 5dot health mod with protection rimary), bad with attack, but can dispel debuff with her unique.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice guys! It was really helpful.
  • SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    Options
    I love Chirrut! He works great with Jyn lead, R2D2, and Cassian/K2SO (I call them Cassio). I can't wait to try him with Fulcrum Ashoka.
  • Options
    Im F2P player ans its take me something like 3 weeks to unlock him via shipments. So please dont tell me you cant unlock him becouse now you can get even more shards for less price
  • Options
    2jar1binks wrote: »
    Im F2P player ans its take me something like 3 weeks to unlock him via shipments. So please dont tell me you cant unlock him becouse now you can get even more shards for less price

I never have enough Crystals to be able to purchase a shipment though...the least you could do is at least provide some tips/advice, you saying "well I can do it so you should too" helps nobody.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    I love Chirrut! He works great with Jyn lead, R2D2, and Cassian/K2SO (I call them Cassio). I can't wait to try him with Fulcrum Ashoka.
    Not sure if he and Asohka will be the combo breaker you're thinking--her ability is one attack per different buff on her. So when Chirrut puts 4 HoTs on her, that'll only add 1 attack, not 4.

That said, if you're just amped to have Asohka on your team anyway, then more power to you! I just wanted to point out the possible mechanical flaw if that's what your excitement was predicated on!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Not sure if he and Asohka will be the combo breaker you're thinking--her ability is one attack per different buff on her. So when Chirrut puts 4 HoTs on her, that'll only add 1 attack, not 4.

That said, if you're just amped to have Asohka on your team anyway, then more power to you! I just wanted to point out the possible mechanical flaw if that's what your excitement was predicated on!

I'm excited for Fulcrum Asohka too! Which rebels do you think she would work best with for the multiple buffs?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

I'm excited for Fulcrum Asohka too! Which rebels do you think she would work best with for the multiple buffs?

Chirrut and Baze are gonna be great, even though the HoTs will only count as 1 unique buff, each one will still count as an individual buff for her unique.

I'm thinking Jyn (L), Chaze, Fulcrum, GK or possibly with a Wedge lead. Cassian could also be a decent option for his unique, but don't know who to put him in for. Could go Wiggs, Chaze, Fulcrum. Biggs can provide 2 more buffs that Chaze doesn't and Fulcrum won't give herself naturally.
  • Options

Old Ben, as long as you sacrifice him.
  • Options
    I like chirrut, and he's an ok farm, he's ten times better than lumi, he's like barris and akbars love child !! I can't get baze yet though, I still use chirrut alot without him

• Options
    Save crystals. Even if you don't get a lot of them, save them for a few days till you get 150.

eventually you'll unlock him. He's a cheap char to unlock and he's perfectly viable at 3*
  • Options
    Buy Baze from shipments to unlock at 3*. Then mod and gear the hell out of him. Mine is 3*, gear 11 and all tier 15 health mods for over 7500 power. I put him on a team with 7*, gear 11 Wiggdo (wedge lead) and 6* Chirrut, gear 9. I just 3* LS 9b and 9c hard in two attempts. Now I can farm ShoreT and Baze. Totally worth the crystals to get 3* Baze
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    Options
    I used Chirrut without Baze when I unlocked him at got him to gear 8 and tossed him into a Sith squad under EP(L). At that time I was in 300-200 placing in Arena and in that placing, few people actually used speed mods. I put all my best speed mods on Chirrut so he gets to go first most of the time for his opening tenacity up when fighting other Sith teams. He's squishy without Baze and if unfortunately the AI targets him, he'll normally be dead in 2-3 hits. Triple shots from Wiggs will definitely KO him in 1.
    Then I unlocked Baze at 3*. When he reached gear 8 I used him together with my existing Chirrut and replaced my Sith team with my maxed * Wiggs. Chirrut's survivability went up a lot. I went from 200-300 placing to below 100 with the Wiggs, Chaze combo. At 3 * gear 8 and 5 star mods, my Baze had like 19k hp and 12k prot. I have Baze at 4 stars, gear 9 now and he's at 20k hp and 21k prot. Gear 9 adds crapton of protection on Baze, so try to get him there asap.

I'm F2P too, level 78 and I don't spend crystals on refreshes. They mostly go to raid gear so I can get past to the Gear 9 and eventually Gear 11 which I feel is much more impt. I saved crystals for Baze too before the crystal cost drop. Used to pay 80 crystals for a single Baze shard. Now it's only 50 but he seems to appear a lot less.
  • Options
    cw8 wrote: »
    I used Chirrut without Baze when I unlocked him at got him to gear 8 and tossed him into a Sith squad under EP(L). At that time I was in 300-200 placing in Arena and in that placing, few people actually used speed mods. I put all my best speed mods on Chirrut so he gets to go first most of the time for his opening tenacity up when fighting other Sith teams. He's squishy without Baze and if unfortunately the AI targets him, he'll normally be dead in 2-3 hits. Triple shots from Wiggs will definitely KO him in 1.
    Then I unlocked Baze at 3*. When he reached gear 8 I used him together with my existing Chirrut and replaced my Sith team with my maxed * Wiggs. Chirrut's survivability went up a lot. I went from 200-300 placing to below 100 with the Wiggs, Chaze combo. At 3 * gear 8 and 5 star mods, my Baze had like 19k hp and 12k prot. I have Baze at 4 stars, gear 9 now and he's at 20k hp and 21k prot. Gear 9 adds crapton of protection on Baze, so try to get him there asap.

I'm F2P too, level 78 and I don't spend crystals on refreshes. They mostly go to raid gear so I can get past to the Gear 9 and eventually Gear 11 which I feel is much more impt. I saved crystals for Baze too before the crystal cost drop. Used to pay 80 crystals for a single Baze shard. Now it's only 50 but he seems to appear a lot less.

Hm, well I guess I'll take your advice and stop using refreshes and farm Baze through crystal shipments, since currently I have Chirrut as 45/50 shards almost unlocked and ready to level and gear. I'll be subbing him in for Luminara and my newly upgraded K-2SO for Admiral Ackbar. I've almost unlocked Cassian Andor as well, and I'll sub him in for Emperor Palpatine (I like EP but I'm going for a full Rebel team).
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    Options
    Hm, well I guess I'll take your advice and stop using refreshes and farm Baze through crystal shipments, since currently I have Chirrut as 45/50 shards almost unlocked and ready to level and gear. I'll be subbing him in for Luminara and my newly upgraded K-2SO for Admiral Ackbar. I've almost unlocked Cassian Andor as well, and I'll sub him in for Emperor Palpatine (I like EP but I'm going for a full Rebel team).

I quit using Luminara long ago, Chirrut's light years ahead of her and can do massive dmg on his 3rd ability and heals like crazy, not to mention tenacity up. I'm about ~15 shards to go for Chirrut to hit 6*. But like always, when you're always close to getting a character close to another * level, they stop appearing in fleet shipments and appear like once a week. Happened for Vader, Maul, Slave One, happening for Chirrut.

EP's my 5th character in my Wiggs, Chaze arena team. He's my fav character (also the initial reason I maxed up some Rebels) and I need his shock to fight DN(L) Sith teams, otherwise a single geared Dooku will own your whole team heh.
  • Options
    cw8 wrote: »

I quit using Luminara long ago, Chirrut's light years ahead of her and can do massive dmg on his 3rd ability and heals like crazy, not to mention tenacity up. I'm about ~15 shards to go for Chirrut to hit 6*. But like always, when you're always close to getting a character close to another * level, they stop appearing in fleet shipments and appear like once a week. Happened for Vader, Maul, Slave One, happening for Chirrut.

EP's my 5th character in my Wiggs, Chaze arena team. He's my fav character (also the initial reason I maxed up some Rebels) and I need his shock to fight DN(L) Sith teams, otherwise a single geared Dooku will own your whole team heh.
    Ahhh that sucks, makes it difficult to collect shards lol. How do you think K-2SO and Cassian Andor would fit into my squad? Are they worth it? I've got K-2SO decently leveled up and he's surprisingly tanky, and I've almost unlocked Cassian.