OMG, Maul still 2nd most use lead

JonNoNothing
139 posts Member
edited May 2017
https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

How come

For my very new shard of September 2016, Maul lead is nearly extinct as R2 is a Maul killer.

May be R2 still on gear up and not ready?

Maul lead at 2nd most use lead make me very surprise.

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Because on older shards any character who isn't gear 11 gets incinerated in arena. And it takes an ETERNITY to gear up a new arena team. Zaul lead is fantastic at high level, and is still a wrecking machine on offense. He's just easier for others to beat when it's their turn on offense. He also completely shuts down so many great teams that can't crack the meta due to his presence. He isn't going away completely any time soon.
  • Options
    He is still the best leader for a DS team. The only other ones DN and Vader are both at 5% usage, while he is at 23%. The last players that use DS toons kinda have to use him. Anyway only 33% of players in top 100 use DS teams and that number will go down even more after R2 and Ahsoka will become more used, especially ATF who hasn't appeared yet.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    My shard is July 2016.

2 Jedi, 4 Maul, 4 Rex leads make up the top 10 when I checked an hour ago. It's still pretty even between the 2 from what I see.
  • Options
    R2 means more teams can beat zaul but doesn't mean those teams can't beat R2.

So glad we got an anti-zaul toon when Rex was over half the leads when R2 was released.
  • Options

So glad we got an anti-zaul toon when Rex was over half the leads when R2 was released.

IMO, Zaul lead can beat Rex lead but may need refresh or good RNG.

Plus R2, Zaul lead may very hard to beat Rex lead+R2
  • Options

IMO, Zaul lead can beat Rex lead but may need refresh or good RNG.

Plus R2, Zaul lead may very hard to beat Rex lead+R2

Depends on your team. I've lost once on offense the past few weeks, to another zaul team. Against Rex, you need to be careful with AOEs and plan more but there's no team I have issues with or avoid on purpose. I'll swap out a toon sometimes though like inserting B2 against zQGJ.
  • Options
    My current top 20, most of whom can fairly easily make it into the top five, has 8 Rex, 5 Maul, 3 Wedge, 2 Jyn, 1 QGJ, and my own Vader for leads. At least one of those Mauls also has a rebel team that he has equipped over half the time. It's not a super competitive shard, but the dark side is pretty clearly on the decline.
  • Options
    For now about a third of top 100 players use DS teams or mainly DS toons. Fulcrum and Jedi Luke will make sure that number will dwindle even more. If there will not be taken any maeasures soon DS teams will dissapear from top, just like most of the time in game history. And going by the recent history of released/ reworked toons that is exactly what is wanted.
  • stavrik
    88 posts Member
    Options
    Yesterday​ I was bored. Checked what is situation in my shard (jan.2016). Probably today little bit changed.
    1-10 Rex 4, Maul 3, GK 1, Nihilus 1, Vader 1
    11-20 Rex 3, Maul 3, DN 1, Wedge 1, Vader 1, Finn 1
    21-50 Maul 8, Rex 7, Wedge 4, Jyn 3, Phasma 2, Vader 2, DN 1, Cody 1, QGJ 1, Tarkin 1

For now Maul is still present.
    Today 5 Maul lead in 1-20

• nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    Options
    For my May 2016 shard there's 19 Maul leads, 7 Rex, 6 Zaders (including myself), a few zQGJ and a few others in the top 50
  • Options
    For my December 2015 shard, yesterday when I looked the first place team was GK lead. The following 18 teams were Rex leads. Then a maul lead, followed by another 6 Rex leads. Talk about boring.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Zaul on offense with right mods can still beat any team. Defense is another category. It was better in defense, now it's not.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Day1 shard from November 15 here. Maul is pretty much dead in Top20. Nobody from my shardmates I know has any issue beating Zaul lead currently and against most Top-Tier squads Zaul is pretty much useless. I personally just use him against one specific team on offense (zQGJ, JKA, Zarris, zYoda, GK).
  • Options

lol - gotta love that right? :)

Counter the counter toon so we only have Rex!
  • Options
    He is still the best leader for a DS team. The only other ones DN and Vader are both at 5% usage, while he is at 23%. The last players that use DS toons kinda have to use him. Anyway only 33% of players in top 100 use DS teams and that number will go down even more after R2 and Ahsoka will become more used, especially ATF who hasn't appeared yet.

I would disagree there - I think DV is >>> than zDM vs. these cleanse teams. Still run full DS and my Maul teams struggle vs. R2 / Chaze / GK - zDV with new Tarkin though is crushing skulls though. Since R2 hit I've been running Vader almost exclusively. Vader's lead is more speed / mod dependent however.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    IMO, zaul easily beats a rex lead. sometimes difficult to beat R2 with Chaze and two other toons. Not sure why you are surprised. :|