Nothing is OP forever

Prev1
ItsJarJarBinkz
2494 posts Member
edited May 2017
i know Rex, chaze and nillus are everywhere but so was FO tie pilot, rey and geo soldier and dooku awhile back. heck Poe in his prime wouldn't have been op if they simply implemented the speed fix and resistible turn meter at the start of the game.

in short all in good time will we see the next meta and these current OP characters will be left for dust. maybe they'll release a character that makes all allies not crit and goet 150% offence instead plus they gain 5% turn meter whenever they don't get critically hit.
Post edited by ItsJarJarBinkz on

Replies

• Options
    False.

Some things are OP.
  • Options
    False.

Some things are OP.

give an example
  • Options
    False.

Some things are OP.

give an example

Say the magic word.
  • anonidude
    703 posts Member
    Options
    Everything is OP. Particularly those things I don't have and can't beat. OP things must be nerfed!
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Hack
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Actually, many things are OP, but computer vs human play masks game imbalances well.

Honestly the only things I'd like to see changed is a reduced effectiveness or shorter duration of tenacity up and the prevention of health over time healing on counters.

This should hopefully bring chaze and triple cleanse slightly more in line.
  • Options
    Hack wrote: »
    Actually, many things are OP, but computer vs human play masks game imbalances well.

Honestly the only things I'd like to see changed is a reduced effectiveness or shorter duration of tenacity up and the prevention of health over time healing on counters.

if resistance was played correctly it would be OP. simply speed poe and its GG.
  • Hack
    53 posts Member
    Options
    I have a maxed out resistance team that has completed an entire GW without taking damage but struggles in top 10 arena play. Too many glaring weaknesses
  • Options
    WAAH! My g1 level 1 CUP couldn't beat a max level Mon Enforcer! NERF MOB ENFORCER!

Well, pretty much everyone who is crying nerf is like this.
  • Options
    I'm not calling for a nerf, but I won't pretend that Chaze aren't stronger than they really ought to be. That is why I am currently farming them as fast as I can. Throw them in with Wiggs and either Rex or R2D2 and I doubt I will have to work for a win on offence for a good long time.

As a side note, I don't think HOTs are doing any direct healing on counters, it's just that Chaze' uniques give them a lot of health steal and restore health every time anyone takes a turn if they have HOTs on. If the HOTs are actually causing direct healing on counters that is almost certainly a bug that ought to be fixed.
  • Options
    true that nothing!nothing at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIcpGpuQYR4

here is some proof all teams are quite beatable rebels vader EP all of them
  • Phil242
    23 posts Member
    Options

Thats so stupid, put some ewok scout in, for swgoh in a nutshell ^^
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    There's no such things as OP, only very bad players that decide focused only to one arena team.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not calling for a nerf, but I won't pretend that Chaze aren't stronger than they really ought to be. That is why I am currently farming them as fast as I can. Throw them in with Wiggs and either Rex or R2D2 and I doubt I will have to work for a win on offence for a good long time.

As a side note, I don't think HOTs are doing any direct healing on counters, it's just that Chaze' uniques give them a lot of health steal and restore health every time anyone takes a turn if they have HOTs on. If the HOTs are actually causing direct healing on counters that is almost certainly a bug that ought to be fixed.

Yes they do gain health on counter. I run a full jedi QGJ lead team and every time Chaze counters even if I have Foresight he will gain health.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Technical speaking your are OP. (Original Poster)

Nerf You. Which is fitting because people don't like when you post, the truth.
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »

Yes they do gain health on counter. I run a full jedi QGJ lead team and every time Chaze counters even if I have Foresight he will gain health.

Pretty sure thats an issue with healthsteal working despite of foresight.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options
    If nothing was OP, there wouldn't be a fixed meta and some characters wouldn't be used so often.
  • Options
    Hack wrote: »

This!!
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    Nute. Nute was OP. Problem solved. Lol
  • Options
    Lol, Nute wasn't OP, Lugo was:P
  • Options
    I think Chaze could use a nerf because they fill almost any role you could want, synergy free. There is literally zero downside to just throwing them into a random team.
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think Chaze could use a nerf because they fill almost any role you could want, synergy free. There is literally zero downside to just throwing them into a random team.

This. And yes, I can beat them, as can many others who can objectively see that they are simply too good and have too few drawbacks compared to every other toon in the game.

Johnny Steel Alpha has put together several excellent posts explaining how/why this is the case (and likely will be for awhile). His thoughts on Chaze should be required reading - for players and developers alike.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

A video from before the 4x was even implemented and DN wasn't PRESENT AT THAT TIME.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. And yes, I can beat them, as can many others who can objectively see that they are simply too good and have too few drawbacks compared to every other toon in the game.

Johnny Steel Alpha has put together several excellent posts explaining how/why this is the case (and likely will be for awhile). His thoughts on Chaze should be required reading - for players and developers alike.
    Agreed.

• Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Biggs' ship
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Ever heard of chaze? A blind guy with a stick and I big guy with a gun? 2 random dudes able to solo a whole arena team? No? Ok...
    But for real have you ever played this game?? There have always been OP toons.
  • Hack
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Ever heard of chaze? A blind guy with a stick and I big guy with a gun? 2 random dudes able to solo a whole arena team? No? Ok...
    But for real have you ever played this game?? There have always been OP toons.

Exactly. There have always been OP toons, and there should be.

The difference between the OP toons (which mostly should be pay to play) and balanced characters should be a fine line to balance out free to play team strength with pay to play team strength. It's a fine line that this game has done a good job at balancing.

EA is rightly reluctant to nerf characters that people have paid for. It's better business to create counters with other paid characters.

With all that being said chaze really pushes this line and need small tweaks to make them a little less OP.
  • Options

WOW! lol - great video. Chaze users have an easy path.
  • Options
    The RNG is OP.

I would nerf it so that I can control what prizes I get.

Example:
    -if I beat a Hard node, I get to choose any combination of 2 pieces (Energy 12) or 3 pieces (Energy 16) or 4 pieces (Energy 20) from a selection of 3 or 4 gear/salvage for that particular node.

:p
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »

Are they gaining health from the HOTs, from bugged health steal as another suggested, or just from the fact that the toon they are countering has just finished his turn and they get health each turn from Chirruts unique as long as HOTs are on?

Chirrut heals in four or five different ways, and only if health is being gained beyond what those can account for is it a bug.