zQGJ, zYoda, JKA, GK, and...Rex?

Am thinking of dropping 2 zetas onto QGJ and Yoda, and making the switch to Jedi from my pseudo Rex lead squad. Yoda is G10 and GK G9/almost 6* and both will be G11 in the next 2 or so weeks. QGJ and JKA are both G11.

The problem is a lack of a strong 5th. Ashoka/Aayla are a long farm. R2D2 is a month+ away. Boba is only G9. I'm not really interested in zBarriss (and don't have a 3rd Zeta available).

Only viable options left are Rex as a third cleanser in addition to GK/Yoda. Could this work well against Zaul teams? Also, who should I aim for an eventual replacement to Rex? Ashoka? R2D2?

Replies

• kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    Do you have a dn, zylo, or a decent tank? I'd recommend putting in a tanky character in until your 5th is ready since they will not benefit from foresight so they will likely be an easy target to kill.

I'd would also recommend not zetaing yoda and instead wait for R2 and zeta him. Once you have R2 I would sub yoda out for Aayla and run Zqgj, JKA, GK, Aayla, and R2. Zauls are on the way out so I dont think that Yoda is as important for a Jedi team anymore. Aayla is better offensively and once R2's cleanse is zeta'd the debuffs wont be much of an issue. Yoda has great utility but he is squishy and does fairly low damage so he would be good to get rid of if you can.

Ahsoka is a decent jedi and is great for raiding but Aayla is overall better for arena so I would focus her. I ran ahsoka before I had aayla but since getting Aayla geared and starred I haven't made the switch back.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Options
    The new Ashoka that's coming out in he next few days would be a great addition if you're looking for something more long term.
  • NDSnyder
    174 posts Member
    Options
    I use R2 with a similar setup, and I finish at payout around top 10 on a Dec'15 shard.
  • Jedi6371
    150 posts Member
    Options
    I use R2 as well. No need to zeta yoda. Aalya and Ashoka will both fit until you have R2 or FAT ready
  • Options
    NDSnyder wrote: »
    I use R2 with a similar setup, and I finish at payout around top 10 on a Dec'15 shard.
    What speed are your arena mod sets?

Mine are between about 60-70. Is that enough? Or am I looking at more of a top 25-50 position? I'm also on a December 2015 shard
  • Jefferx
    362 posts Member
    Options
    I dont have gk, with r2d2 i can beat any zaul team. Zqgj, zyoda, zbarriss, jka and double zeta r2d2.
  • Options
    Jefferx wrote: »
    I dont have gk, with r2d2 i can beat any zaul team. Zqgj, zyoda, zbarriss, jka and double zeta r2d2.
    What speed are your mod sets?
  • Greenmojo
    214 posts Member
    Options
    Before R2 was introduced i used to run with Emperor Palpatine.
    He works pretty good if you can get a fast retribution off

Else here is a video of my current team in action with R2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq8YHugbVOo&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    Greenmojo wrote: »
    Before R2 was introduced i used to run with Emperor Palpatine.
    He works pretty good if you can get a fast retribution off

Else here is a video of my current team in action with R2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq8YHugbVOo&feature=youtu.be
    Nice vid @Greenmojo ! :smiley:

I was wondering a lot about turn order/kill order and this was a great demo where your opener wasn't 100% to plan but you still easily got the job done!

After watching this I've decided to more quickly gear my R2D2 from G7 to G10 and run QGJ (L) - and use 1/2 of my Zeta on his lead ability and G11, JKA G11, Yoda G10 (no Zeta and close to G11), GK (about 125 stun cuff parts short of G11 and two more HAAT's from 6*), and R2D2 (now my sole focus and will Zeta number crunch).

In less than a week should have the following: zQGJ G11, JKA G11, Yoda G10, zR2D2 G10, GK G10 and 6*. Mod sets are between 60-74 speed and I'm hoping this team is an improvement upon my current arena squad in my profile, https://swgoh.gg/u/pwntehnubs/
  • Options
    R2 is your ultimate goal...but I ran w/Boba as my +1 for months and did well. Id do what you can to get him in as your current 5th.
  • Options
    GreenBoldt wrote: »
    R2 is your ultimate goal...but I ran w/Boba as my +1 for months and did well. Id do what you can to get him in as your current 5th.
    After the above vid and proof of zR2D2's awesomeness, the focus is purely on him to be the 5th now
  • Greenmojo
    214 posts Member
    Options
    Regarding mods and how to mod your guys here is my advise.

Yoda has a base speed of 157 speed so with a speed set you gain +15 speed.
    The arrow slot you use a +30 speed regardless and might as well be from the speed set.
    So the 3 x remaining speed mod sets you use gain an average of +5 speed to their current speed stats.
    So sticking a +8 speed set mod on square, circle and diamond slot for an example will give them + 13 each.
    Those 3 x mods and the arrow mod gives you +69 speed combined and you still have 2 x mod slots to equip with speed.
    Lets say for an example you got 2 x +14 speed secondary stats and you are already on +97 speed.

Yoda is a great character to use the speed set with since he has a good base speed
    R2D2 also has 157 speed so he gains +15 speed.
    Qgj has 145 base speed so he gains +14 speed.

Speed is extremely important on this setup

Yoda is my fastest guy and even against sith Zaul teams i get to spread my tenacity first and the odds of losing is very slim.
    Against baze teams when i spread tenacity up i get rid of the baze taunt and are free to target who i like.

Next up i value General Kenobi and QGJ equally to gain as much speed as possible. Getting off a fast retribution against sith teams makes it an easy win.
    General Kenobi i use a speed set and QGJ uses a bunch of random mods with high speed secondary stats

Against chaze teams with R2 i use the assist attack on Rex or DN to either kill rex or to stun DN since r2 will assist.
    Depending on the situation.

Your opponent will target either Anakin or GK first so try and use a triangle and cross with protection and with speed secondary stats on GK at least.

Anakin i use a critical damage set with pretty good crit chance secondary stats and speed if possible.
    I only have +71 speed on Anakin but he hits like a truck.

R2 it is all about the speed and use a cross with potency since his stun is awesome.

With R2, just because he can use stealth does not mean it is a good idea when you are playing him with this team.
    Same with the burn.
    I only use stealth when i play against a team that manages to get off a retribution with GK. Else i save it to prevent a character death if such a situation should occur.
    If you can see Rex will have his turn right after R2 then it is not so smart to use a burn since rex will just cleanse it and stick tenacity on his team.
    R2 basic would be better to try and stun rex in such a case.

Hope this is helpful.
    If so please watch my video above and press "Like"