No Incentive to Star a Character

Bones
456 posts Member
edited May 2017
I'm sure this has been talked about before, but why does starring a character affect some stats but not the rest. In my opinion, ALL stats need to be affected by each extra star. Currently there are at least 6 or 7 stats that do not scale with star level. Why is it like this? I know you need certain gear to get extra speed, potency, or tenacity, but you should also get bonus stats for each star you get, so you have some type of advantage over the lower starred characters.

There is currently no reason to spend money in this game, other than just being a collector. The current character release model makes the "pay to win" advantage far less than it should be (I am free to play btw). The best way to change this is to give and actual incentive to starring characters. Ships, for example, gain speed from each star, so why not do the same for characters too. The scale also needs to change and have a larger multiplier for each star added. Going from 1 star to 2 stars adds the same amount to the multiplier that it takes to go from 6 star to 7 star. There is a huge difference in what it takes to get to each of these, so why not make it worth the investment to get the highest tier.

TL;DR

Make starring characters have a larger impact on each stat multiplier, and include stats like protection, potency, and tenacity in the scale. Also add extra speed per star, same as ships.
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Stars are gates for content (raids, mod challenges, several events, etc) and have an effect on base stats, which then influence some secondsry stats. Gear is more important, and that's by design--it's harder to get.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Stars are gates for content (raids, mod challenges, several events, etc) and have an effect on base stats, which then influence some secondsry stats. Gear is more important, and that's by design--it's harder to get.

I agree gear is much more important and harder to get, I'm just saying that "ALL" stats need to scale with each added star, not just half of them like it currently works. Speed should be the only exception to scaling because it takes gear for added speed. But it would be nice to get say 1 or 2 extra speed per added star as an extra incentive to doing it in the first place. Protection should scale just like health. Why is it that protection is the same throughout every star and health doesn't change.
  • KENg_YangZean
    139 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

If we talked about the arena, there is no gate for star. And with the new charactor, have you see a big different between 4*DN compare with 7*DN? No.

Well... 250 shard from 4* to 7* = 20,000 crystal. same rate for gear, we see the hugh different between G9 and G11.

But for the shard&star, we(cg) should make it worth for what we spent?
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    Options
    Agree.

One idea is to have a two tier release cadence. One follows the current logic. The second for 'premium toons' has a longer cycle. These toons scale more in power level per star. I'm not saying create P2P only toons. If people want to collect over a longer time rather than being able to dump shard shop stock piles, then the extra effort is rewarded.

Xio
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    The only stats that noticebly change are HP (about 1,500 - 2,500 per star) and Damage (about 100).
    It's just a very poorly designed game, most of the mechanics were after thoughts.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    The only stats that noticebly change are HP (about 1,500 - 2,500 per star) and Damage (about 100).
    It's just a very poorly designed game, most of the mechanics were after thoughts.

i disagree. It is a great design, its the balancing of characters and stat distribution that needs work, which is the hardest part to get right.