What do you do with your crystals?

Prev1
Acid
10 posts Member
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I've been playing the game for a while now (level 75). Recently, I saw no real purpose to buy Chromium Packs because I didn't need any characters from them except Darth Nihilus, who is now in the shard shop. Without buying Chromium Packs, I started to accumulate crystals rather quickly. It's been almost a month now and I have 2,325 crystals.

The questions I'm getting at here are:
What do you use your crystals for?
and
What uses do you think would help me? (Level 75, all max character levels, Average GL8-9)

Thank you.
Take and share this poll!
strawpoll.me/14368449/

Replies

• Kleinedanke
    29 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Cantina refreshes all the time. But sometimes i buy a chromium because addiction lol but i always regret it.
  • Acid
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Cantina refreshes all the time. But sometimes i buy a chromium because addiction lol.
    Is it worth it to buy shipment gear with crystals in the shop, or no?
    strawpoll.me/14368449/
  • Acid
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    Refresh the Darth nihilus level
    I think it's level 84 to unlock it. :(

strawpoll.me/14368449/
  • Options
    Acid wrote: »
    Cantina refreshes all the time. But sometimes i buy a chromium because addiction lol.

It depends on the gear i guess, i rather buy them in the ship shop or farm them, and raids of course. I rarely spent crystals on gear tbh. Cantina energy is good for shards and mods of course
  • Options
    Bundle them in sets of 420 and... you know what comes next :smirk:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • MykCnoE
    116 posts Member
    Options
    1 or 2 energy refreshes at 50 crystals each. The rest I save to buy Mk5 furnaces.
  • Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    Options
    I buy 1 energy refresh every other day to get my raid tickets, and the rest goes to shipments gear
  • Acid
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    MykCnoE wrote: »
    The rest I save to buy Mk5 furnaces.
    Should I buy more furnaces? I don't need any right now.
    strawpoll.me/14368449/
  • Options

It depends on the gear i guess, i rather buy them in the ship shop or farm them, and raids of course. I rarely spent crystals on gear tbh. Cantina energy is good for shards and mods of course

It's funny how this becomes the exact opposite after some time. :)
    Refreshing normal energy 50 - 50 (- 50) for Hard Nodes then Stun Cuffs always appeared to be the most sensible thing to do imo. I find Cantina refreshes way overpriced now, but if you're still going through the levels it may be very much worth it.

Gear in shipments is often worth it, especially: Stun Gun proto (1250), Stun Cuffs (1400), AAT Raid golds (750), Mk7 Shield Generator (1250), and Mk5 Furnace (1400). Beware though, those furnaces seem to be extremely valuable at first but quickly lose most of their value when you're at max level in a strong guild. They basically reduce to easy gear minus the Holo Projectors which are only 300 crystals (also a very decent price btw).
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Chromium pacts and such are only good when you first start playing, to build a roster more quickly. After that it depends. At level 75 you may wanna buy the 2 50 crystal refreshes & 2 100 crystal, you want the xp to level quickly & you'll need the gear/shards/mods for sure. Make sure you just focus on 1 or 2 toons at a time to gear. Get them leveled, starred, and geared to g11 and then move to other toons. Have a plan and stick to it. Once you hit 85 you can either keep buying refreshes or save your crystals for gear from the shop. Especially gear such as mk5 furnaces, which are a deal for 1400. Basically use them either for refreshes, farming gear, or shop for buying gear.
  • Acid
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help everybody! I ended up buying a mk5 Droid caller for 1,400, which got a character to GL9.
    strawpoll.me/14368449/
  • KVLOM3
    88 posts Member
    Options
    Yep...gear in shipments is what I spend most of my crystals on.
  • Joost
    233 posts Member
    Options
    Refreshing energy for dark/light side battles.
    I save what is left for chromium packs just cause i like to gamble a little
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I buy gear - saves that annoying grind, but occasionally I'll buy some energy if its double drop days etc.
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    What do you do with your crystals?

Smoke 'em, duh
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Options
    I buy one refresh a day (cantina or normal depending on what I'm farming) in order to reach 600 raid tokens, then save the rest in case I need to buy a piece of gear or in case an event such as double drops increases the return from refreshes. Doing this I've usually got plenty and can drop a second refresh to hurry and high priority farming. I like to keep at least 5k in the bank to hurry farming, buy gear in a rush or spend on double drops.
  • Options
    Put em in your pipe and smoke em.

Umm early on it is better to buy the first level of refreshes of both regular and cantina energy while farming gear. Using only 50 crystal refreshes it is on average almost equal to saving up and buying that piece of gear from the store. You just have more random chance in the refreshes but also more credits and other minor junk that might be needed early on.
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Cantina refreshes all the time. But sometimes i buy a chromium because addiction lol but i always regret it.

I'm like this. I do all the refreshes up until the 200 crystal cost and then stop. But I keep thinking, for some dumb reason, that baze and chirrut will come out of my next chromium. Lots and lots of 8 pack chromiums later, still neither. They're a waste of money. With that said though, I'm probably buying another couple tonight.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    I used to use most of them for refreshes. Alot of them. But I've gotten to a point where's there's only a couple characters I need to farm right now. So I now save them to use on full gear in shipments. I am bottlenecked and need to reduce the amount of characters I focus on. And my arena team is stuck due to needing a bunch of hard gear to get. Furnaces, cuffs and guns.
  • Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    Options
    I buy 1 energy refresh every other day to get my raid tickets, and the rest goes to shipments gear
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    Energy refreshes to farm gear, gear in shipments, refresh the mod shop (if I have an excess of credits to buy them), or buying shards from shipments of hard to farm characters (ex: Baze, Krennic). It varies based on what I'm working on at the time, but it's always one of those.
  • Options
    MykCnoE wrote: »
    The rest I save to buy Mk5 furnaces.
    Should I buy more furnaces? I don't need any right now.

Yes. It is far and away the most difficult gear to get and will bottleneck your gear growth for lots of characters
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Level 79, so exp still matters.

2 (3 with the current setup of cheap energy refreshes) for normal and cantina energy. This will cut back to 2/3 normal and 0-1 cantina at 85. Leftovers go to Baze shards, furnaces, and droid callers.
  • Options
    I generally just buy SIM tickets and, when I've gathered enough, Shoretrooper shards.
  • PearlJam
    72 posts Member
    Options
    "Sometimes" I waste them on mod store refreshes. If not all crystal refreshes go into mod farming
  • Options
    Yo he comprado muchas veces y solo consigo algun fragmento inutil. Ahora prefiero comprar recursos. Por lo menos anima el juego.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    At early levels, you'll want to spend majority of your crystals on energy refreshes. When I leveled, I did 2x Normal and 1x Cantina refresh. After you hit max level (85), you can decide on what you need the most
    • You can farm mods
    • You can farm gear/shards from LS/DS
    • You can use crystals on shipments (I mostly use it on end game raid gear that cannot be farmed via energy)
    • You can use it for character shards
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    I store them under my mattress because I don't trust the banks..... ohhhh errrrr wrong thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

• cw8
    98 posts Member
    Options
    Mostly raid gear, Furnaces, Droid Callers and Baze shards.