Fulcrum Ahsoka + Ackbar's Tac Genius

Caiaphas
187 posts Member
So if Ackbar uses Tac Genius, then FAT uses Meditate, does she consume Tac Genius before she copies it, or copy it before she consumes it? That is, does she end up with Tac Genius?

Similarly, if FAT has Tac Genius and uses Whirlwind, does she "consume" Tac Genius for an extra attack's worth of damage, or is Tac Genius triggered, so she gets 100% tm and gets to go again? Or somehow both? Or do the interwebz implode?

I guess we'll find out, but I hope that CG thought this through...

Replies

• Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    So if Ackbar uses Tac Genius, then FAT uses Meditate, does she consume Tac Genius before she copies it, or copy it before she consumes it? That is, does she end up with Tac Genius?

Similarly, if FAT has Tac Genius and uses Whirlwind, does she "consume" Tac Genius for an extra attack's worth of damage, or is Tac Genius triggered, so she gets 100% tm and gets to go again? Or somehow both? Or do the interwebz implode?

I guess we'll find out, but I hope that CG thought this through...

Hhhmmm... she gains also TM for each buff when she Meditates. Does that mean a well timed Tactical Genius gives her 3 moves...?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I knew there was a good reason to bring Ackbar to g11 even though I am not using his ship. Wedge, Ackbar, R2, ATF, GK...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options
    She doesn't copy unique buffs, and I'm gonna guess TacGenius is a unique buff
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Options
    It is not tagged as a unique buff in swgoh.gg (whereas Boba's Bounty Hunter's Resolve is tagged as unique).
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    She doesn't copy unique buffs, and I'm gonna guess TacGenius is a unique buff

Tactical Genius is one she would copy. She doesn't copy ones that are automatic from a unique, for instance, Boba's Bounty Hunter Resolve. ATF would not copy that.
  • Options
    If the devs had half a brain, she'd copy it for TM, and buff damage increase, but consume it, and not take its buff into the next turn.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    If the devs had half a brain, she'd copy it for TM, and buff damage increase, but consume it, and not take its buff into the next turn.

She wouldn't copy it, because she'd have it already.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    According to .GG the buff expires upon the start of a special ability and applies the child effects of TM and Heal at the end of the turn.

So basically, if it works as described, she would cast Meditate, consume her buff, dispell TacGen on all allies, copy any remaining buffs, Gain TM and heal from TacGen., and then start her next turn.

Similarly on whirlwind, she would cast her ability, consume her buff, dispell TacGen on all allies, deal damage basedon remaining buffs, then gain TM and heal from TacGen and then start her next turn.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

ahhhhh clearly you're right haha. if I had half a brain....
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

ahhhhh clearly you're right haha. if I had half a brain....

Nope, she wouldn't have it already in either case, read above. If it works correctly as described the buff would disappear before the effects of either of her abilities are applied.

The TM gain she could acquire after meditate to go straight into whirlwind could still make this a potent combo though.
  • Tilar
    22 posts Member
    Options
    If you look in the ability descriptions, you see Tactical Genius is worded in yellow. These usually indicate it's a unique buff. Same reason why Yoda can't steal it.
    -Mister Moo-
  • Options
    fascizio wrote: »
    According to .GG the buff expires upon the start of a special ability and applies the child effects of TM and Heal at the end of the turn.

So basically, if it works as described, she would cast Meditate, consume her buff, dispell TacGen on all allies, copy any remaining buffs, Gain TM and heal from TacGen., and then start her next turn.

Similarly on whirlwind, she would cast her ability, consume her buff, dispell TacGen on all allies, deal damage basedon remaining buffs, then gain TM and heal from TacGen and then start her next turn.

Ok. TacGen gives her 100% TM. Her Meditate also gives her TM for every buff. So, does she have the possibility to go 3 times? Or, close to it depending on number of buffs?
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options

Ok. TacGen gives her 100% TM. Her Meditate also gives her TM for every buff. So, does she have the possibility to go 3 times? Or, close to it depending on number of buffs?

No, she would gain the TM from buffs before the child effects of TacGen take effect, which would then just boost her to full TM, any overflow would be lost just like TM gain from, say, Wedge critting on his AoE is lost currently if he uses TacGen.
  • Options
    Tilar wrote: »
    If you look in the ability descriptions, you see Tactical Genius is worded in yellow. These usually indicate it's a unique buff. Same reason why Yoda can't steal it.
    Correct.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    AA tactical Genius, FAT whirlwind and FAT battle meditation and then go again with all her buff :) that is cool
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    AA tactical Genius, FAT whirlwind and FAT battle meditation and then go again with all her buff :) that is cool

That would be giving up a lot of potential damage to whirlwind before Meditation, just to add another basic attack on the end.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

That would be giving up a lot of potential damage to whirlwind before Meditation, just to add another basic attack on the end.

Wrong with AA(L) , cassian, baze , ATF and Jyn she will start with 2 buffs so you have it go as follows:

AA Tac Gen, ATF whirlwind (with 2 buffs) gains 100% tm casts meditation gains 90% TM , then ATF uses her basic , then have Jyn go and cast her AOE and give ATF another 100% tm , Then ATF does another Whirlwind but with 6 buffs...... @Neo2551 I like your thinking... going to be an insane combo
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »

Wrong with AA(L) , cassian, baze , ATF and Jyn she will start with 2 buffs so you have it go as follows:

AA Tac Gen, ATF whirlwind (with 2 buffs) gains 100% tm casts meditation gains 90% TM , then ATF uses her basic , then have Jyn go and cast her AOE and give ATF another 100% tm , Then ATF does another Whirlwind but with 6 buffs...... @Neo2551 I like your thinking... going to be an insane combo

Except for that to work your ackbar has to be faster than your ATF, and his base speed is 29 lower than ATF... That's some heavy, heavy modding, or intentionally slowing down your ATF and your Jyn. If you can pull it off it would be impressive, but I have a hard time believing it's obtainable...
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Just wait 12 hours more. All the theory will be answered.
  • Options

On paper, maybe, but it will never work in practice. Facing Maul, your AA will never go first. You will eat a DN cooldown increase. Facing Rex (assuming your AA is faster than anyone on the Rex team), after your first whirlwind, the entire other team will go.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »

On paper, maybe, but it will never work in practice. Facing Maul, your AA will never go first. You will eat a DN cooldown increase. Facing Rex (assuming your AA is faster than anyone on the Rex team), after your first whirlwind, the entire other team will go.

Then make Jyn go first.
  • Options
    Jyn AoE, lands a couple crits, entire Rex team goes to 100% TM