Rex or QGJ for Rancor solo?

I've used Teebo (L), TFP, RG, Jyn and QGJ up until now for Rancor Heroic but I now have Rex 7 stared.

So I'm wondering which of QGJ and Rex is more consistent/helpful in TMR ?

Any personal experience?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• smninja73
    136 posts Member
    Options
    it's a tossup because while qui gon can remove more turn meter(but only at a 65% chance) rex is guaranteed every time(if not resisted) so its just your personal preference
  • Options
    smninja73 wrote: »
    it's a tossup because while qui gon can remove more turn meter(but only at a 65% chance) rex is guaranteed every time(if not resisted) so its just your personal preference

I see your point thanks. I guess the 5% more TMR from QGJ is riskier given the 60% chance but QGJ will hit more often as he also has some TMG. I guess it depends how much RNG you'd like to add to the mix. QGJ relies more on good RNG to potentially remove more turn meter.
  • Options
    I use Rex because of consistency issues with QGJ and Rex can cleanse and give you the TM boost whenever you need it. More utility and consistency = higher likelihood to solo
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Options
    I currently use them both in Rancor, but I would prefer QGJ. Greater TM reduction, and more turns. When you combine Teebo Lead with QGJ basic TM gain he can take a lot of turns. Plus his potency is naturally higher.
  • Options
    I just soloed with zader, tfp, r2, teebo, rex
  • Options
    No point having rg. All he does in that team is speed down, and not consistently enough. Drop him for Rex.
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    Options
    I've used Teebo (L), TFP, RG, Jyn and QGJ up until now for Rancor Heroic but I now have Rex 7 stared.

So I'm wondering which of QGJ and Rex is more consistent/helpful in TMR ?

Any personal experience?

Thanks in advance

I've always used QGJ, but his TMR is very inconsistent. It's true though that he's much faster, with much higher potency. But I'll be switching to Rex soon, since he's much more consistent and he can cleanse and give the entire team turn meter. This can be very helpful, as it can function as a kind of panic button when the rancor is close to taking a turn.

I also agree with the above poster, that RG is not a good choice. If you want someone that can slow, then Phasma is great, as she not only slows, but she can also grant the entire team 50% TM, and her basic also inflicts defense down. Or perhaps you won't even have to slow, if you simply slot in Rex instead of RG.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If you do the math then Rex is both the more reliable one, and he also will remove more TM in total then QGJ.
  • Options
    No point having rg. All he does in that team is speed down, and not consistently enough. Drop him for Rex.

Yeah. Drop RG for Rex.
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Rex. QGJ has no health steal, so if a hit does go off, he's left in the danger zone until your run ends.
  • Chewyy
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. Drop RG for rex, much higher chance of winning.
  • JTM48
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Sothe wrote: »
    Rex. QGJ has no health steal, so if a hit does go off, he's left in the danger zone until your run ends.

But QGJ does heal other toons with his assist special. If swap out RG, he's not doing much for you if you're playing the TMR game.

I would take out QGJ for R2, since he can stealth Teebo for those turns he's exposed.
  • Options
    Rex is better. Potency isn't an issue w TFP and he has health gain.

Consistency is much more important than a chance at more.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Rex is better. Potency isn't an issue w TFP and he has health gain.

Consistency is much more important than a chance at more.

This. I'm using both of them but will replace QGJ as soon as Jyn is ready. I'm also using Cassian instead of RG since he's doing much more damages and can also apply Offense down, Defense down and Speed down.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot guys - i tried with Rex instead of QGJ and it felt less stressful. I think I will take your advice and remove RG to have the following team: Teebo (L), Jyn, TFP, QGJ, Rex

I will let you know how it goes. I have Phasma at 7*, level 80 so I need strengthen her up before she is Rancor viable but I will definitely experience with her
  • banjo1071
    312 posts Member
    Options
    both
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Rex is far superior for TM reduction. I've tried QGJ in the past when I didn't have Rex 7* G11 and he isn't really that good for Rancor.