Question about Magmatroopers basic under Zader lead in rancor raids

I have a quick question about magmatroopers basic. Under a Zader lead does mags basic count as hitting twice for 2 separate turn meter reductions or does it still only count as one instance if damage? Zader leader grants empire characters the chance to reduce enemy turn meter with their attacks and since magmas basic can hit and then deal a second instance of reduced damage, would that count as 2 separate TM reductions or just one?

Replies

• MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    Options
    The second chance only applies to a second target, IIRC. If this is true, then your question is irrelevant: There is only one rancor. While the MT's basic might do damage to the Rancor and secondary to the DoorControlUnit (or to DCU and secondary to Rancor) I don't think it can do damage to Rancor and then secondary damage to the Rancor.

I may be wrong - the language is damage to target enemy and secondary damage to random enemy - and in that case it would almost certainly do TM reduction twice. This is like Leia's attacks giving Raid AAT bosses TM bumps for every hit and not merely once for each use of the basic attack regardless of number of hits.

So the real question is: does MT have the ability to hit the target twice by picking the target enemy as the "random" enemy"? Not sure.
  • Options
    The second chance only applies to a second target, IIRC. If this is true, then your question is irrelevant: There is only one rancor. While the MT's basic might do damage to the Rancor and secondary to the DoorControlUnit (or to DCU and secondary to Rancor) I don't think it can do damage to Rancor and then secondary damage to the Rancor.

I may be wrong - the language is damage to target enemy and secondary damage to random enemy - and in that case it would almost certainly do TM reduction twice. This is like Leia's attacks giving Raid AAT bosses TM bumps for every hit and not merely once for each use of the basic attack regardless of number of hits.

So the real question is: does MT have the ability to hit the target twice by picking the target enemy as the "random" enemy"? Not sure.

When the empire faction pass came out, magmatroopers basic was upgraded so that its secondary damage could also hit the primary target. It's a great combo if you use DT's deathmark during rancor raids. Deathmark will apply to the rancor since the door panel counts as an enemy death
  • MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    Options
    That's a good change. I was a bit confused, because I was sure that I had read that the second target had to be an "other" enemy, but then I read MT's basic text today and it didn't say that. If the ability changed during the faction pass it all makes sense.

Yep, that's a double TM reduction opportunity right there. I'm focussed on Ships right now, but I've been wanting to get MT and will definitely be doing so just as soon as I have my Zeta fleet.
  • Options
    That's a good change. I was a bit confused, because I was sure that I had read that the second target had to be an "other" enemy, but then I read MT's basic text today and it didn't say that. If the ability changed during the faction pass it all makes sense.

Yep, that's a double TM reduction opportunity right there. I'm focussed on Ships right now, but I've been wanting to get MT and will definitely be doing so just as soon as I have my Zeta fleet.

He hits a lot harder after the pass too. His single attacks are still lower than most but if he he double hits the same toon and both attacks crit he can reach between 10-15k damage
  • Options
    Well then, here's hoping I get my Zeta fleet up and running soon. All my ships right now are 4*, with a couple having 36-40 shards (out of 65 for 5*/zeta challenge) and the lowest one having 16/65. Unfortunately that's Slave1, which doesn't come around often enough. Even if I get 5/day, that's ... well, that's only 10 more days. Not as bad as I thought.

In any case, that's Fleet shop. Wrapping up my needs for blueprints in GW Store should happen soon enough, then on to MT. Thanks so much for the info. Maybe I'll even start the process of gearing him up now (I've got him open at 4*/gear6).
  • Options
    Well then, here's hoping I get my Zeta fleet up and running soon. All my ships right now are 4*, with a couple having 36-40 shards (out of 65 for 5*/zeta challenge) and the lowest one having 16/65. Unfortunately that's Slave1, which doesn't come around often enough. Even if I get 5/day, that's ... well, that's only 10 more days. Not as bad as I thought.

In any case, that's Fleet shop. Wrapping up my needs for blueprints in GW Store should happen soon enough, then on to MT. Thanks so much for the info. Maybe I'll even start the process of gearing him up now (I've got him open at 4*/gear6).

Glad I was able to convince someone that Magmatrooper is awesome lol, i love all of my imperial troopers. People dont give them enough credit