Noob - Help Pick my Arena Team

New to swgoh, started my first account 4 weeks ago. I am f2p, and wasted the first several days not understanding strategy to the game. Since, I've recovered as well as I could, am lvl 56 and trying to crack top 200 in arena. I have the following toons at about the same power, give or take, some 4* some 5*, all gear VII. I'm trying to focus on a single team of 5 for arena. What team setup would you focus on??

Toons: QGJ, Kylo, Vader, TFP, Sid, Phasma, Lumi, JC.

I'm thinking the healers are out, so it's really down to 6, and picking the right lead.

Lead options would be Phasma, Sid, or Vader. A Phasma team would have to have Kylo, a Vader team would have to have Sid and TFP, and a Sid team could be wide open.

Which lead would you pick and which of the 6 toons remaining would you leave out of a team under that lead? I didn't intend to make an all DS arena team, but it's starting to shape up that way and QGJ may be the odd man out. Shame though cuz he's closest to 6* and currently most powerful.

Appreciate the input, folks. This game is addictive.

Replies

• WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    Well, personally I wouldn't recommend any of those toons beyond the first 5 which doesn't sync up perfectly but if you were to pick from that group I'd suggest Vader (L), Sid, TFP, Kylo, Phasma for now

You should consider running a strong rebel team by farming Wedge, Biggs and some other rebels so you can do the EP event and get him. Once you get him, adding him to the mix of Vader, Sid and TFP means you should only need to get another tank (RG early on, but Shoretrooper or ST would be better) to help complete your early dark side squad to be competitive. It's in no way an op team but just thinking of what options you have at your disposal.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem like you can make a great team out of that combination. Most healers aren't good at higher levels as the heal is minimal compared to the total hp + protection on a toon. Lumi would still be useful at your level, but it's fine if you wish to phase her out. I got rid of her when I was in the 70's.

With the characters you listed, I'm playing QGJ and Kylo for sure. I'd probably go with Phasma (L) or Lumi (L). Lumi lead is pretty good at lower levels, you get some evasion and heal for everyone.

Just pick someone to farm from each place. You can't farm Kylo and TFP at the same time, and you can't farm Lumi and Phasma at the same time either.

My best advice no matter which combination you find works best for you, would be to get some good mods. Everyone on your team should have a speed arrow. Get as many mods with speed secondaries as possible too. If you have good mods, you should be able to crack top 50.