How to Collude and Get 1st in Arena

We are at a point in our shard where anyone from top 20 can get 1st on offense. It got to a point where everyone was snipping everyone just for the sake of 1st place. So I decided to open a Discord Server and cleaverly change my in game name to Goo gle Me ___________. Within lest then a week had 14 people joining the server and out of the 14, 13 were in top 20.

Make the long story short we were able to figure out our payout time and help each other get there. If somone who were outside of our chat discord need to attack someone else who was not part of the group we did it. And by doing this pretty much everyone was able to get 1st or 2nd daily.

We would even switch easier team to help each other out.

I know this is a grey area but I consider it as teamwork and so far it paying off.

Replies

• Options
    We are at a point in our shard where anyone from top 20 can get 1st on offense. It got to a point where everyone was snipping everyone just for the sake of 1st place. So I decided to open a Discord Server and cleaverly change my in game name to Goo gle Me ___________. Within lest then a week had 14 people joining the server and out of the 14, 13 were in top 20.

Make the long story short we were able to figure out our payout time and help each other get there. If somone who were outside of our chat discord need to attack someone else who was not part of the group we did it. And by doing this pretty much everyone was able to get 1st or 2nd daily.

We would even switch easier team to help each other out.

I know this is a grey area but I consider it as teamwork and so far it paying off.

I agree with helping each other, but changing leaders, squads or mods I find it immoral. Of people can't beat you, they don't deserve your rank.
    I'm on a shard chat myself, and we use it to know who we can attack. It's not about avoiding ourselves, but not sniping each other unintentionally. We do not collude against other people who aren't with us (except for one guy who likes to snipe everyone, but we compete FAIRLY with him during his payout, which some of us share). I think shardmates can work together without abusing the system or having it against other players.
  • Options
    Welcome to the club. Many leaderboards have been doing this for a really long time. However it makes arena pretty boring when you have a schedule for crystals.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club. Many leaderboards have been doing this for a really long time. However it makes arena pretty boring when you have a schedule for crystals.

If you have enough people in it, it allows you to try out new teams without having to worry about getting specifically targeted all the time. Just make you shard chat more of a group chat, once a day you happen to move up, but you can still talk with all the people all the time about new teams, strategies, characters, what works on defense and everything. No need to limit it to a crystal schedule chat. Our shard chat is just as active as our guild chat is.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

If you have enough people in it, it allows you to try out new teams without having to worry about getting specifically targeted all the time. Just make you shard chat more of a group chat, once a day you happen to move up, but you can still talk with all the people all the time about new teams, strategies, characters, what works on defense and everything. No need to limit it to a crystal schedule chat. Our shard chat is just as active as our guild chat is.

That's all true and we have about 15 in ours. However, once upon a time the sniping war was somewhat fun to finish in the top 5.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
    My shard has removed probably 5? Players who were obviously cheating.

So there's another positive
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    Options
    My shard has been a fun bunch of people! It's nice to have another non guild chat to share info and just talk about stuff.
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    Options
    col·lu·sion
    kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
    noun
    secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.
    "the armed forces were working in collusion with drug traffickers"

Arena is so out of hand, and the devs care so little, that players can actually admit to colluding on the game's forum with no fear of reprisal. Interesting.............lol
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    col·lu·sion
    kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
    noun
    secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

Arena is so out of hand, and the devs care so little, that players can actually admit to colluding on the game's forum with no fear of reprisal. Interesting.............lol

So salty...I'll give you some advice, the posts about CUP being OP is not true. It was sarcasm. You should drop him and Rey from your arena team and you'll soon crack the top 100!
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    Options
    col·lu·sion
    kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
    noun

This is neither secret nor illegal... so your definition does not apply. There's a section in the forums to find your shard mates that has been up for over a year I would say.
  • Options
    Mol_Kelly wrote: »
    col·lu·sion
    kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
    noun

This is neither secret nor illegal... so your definition does not apply. There's a section in the forums to find your shard mates that has been up for over a year I would say.

It will probably be a keynote in the Play campaign speeches.
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    Options
    col·lu·sion
    kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
    noun

This is neither secret nor illegal... so your definition does not apply. There's a section in the forums to find your shard mates that has been up for over a year I would say. [/quo

That is Webster's definition.......
  • Options
    100% contrary to the point of the free for all Squad Arena. Colliding is what sub par players do or people who want to be surfs to some guild of pyramid schemers like iN.
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    Options
    col·lu·sion
    kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
    noun

Arena collusion has evolved into discord groups refusing entry for newcomers. There are only so many spots and no one in a group of 20 wants to share with a group of 40.

• modbot
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Osisiv wrote: »
    col·lu·sion
    kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
    noun

Arena collusion has evolved into discord groups refusing entry for newcomers. There are only so many spots and no one in a group of 20 wants to share with a group of 40.

Then make it 20 vs. 20! If those being "excluded" would not just accept defeat and run to the forum to cry about their feelings, but instead would band together and form a second group and go to war for their payouts it would be epic. We thought the sniping days of old were good fun? A shard with 2 separate groups warring for not only their payouts but the payouts of compatriots all day.?...glorious
  • Options
    modbot wrote: »
    col·lu·sion
    kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
    noun

Then make it 20 vs. 20! If those being "excluded" would not just accept defeat and run to the forum to cry about their feelings, but instead would band together and form a second group and go to war for their payouts it would be epic. We thought the sniping days of old were good fun? A shard with 2 separate groups warring for not only their payouts but the payouts of compatriots all day.?...glorious

Does not apply to our shard since we work together even lower rank to help them place as high as they can.
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    Options
    modbot wrote: »
    col·lu·sion
    kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
    noun

Arena is intended to be PVP = Player vs Player. If it was intended to be Group vs Group, there would be group prizes. I would love group battles but they don't exist. I don't find "glory" in some makeshift, unofficial make believe "groups". Do you have a name for your group? Is there a name for the other "group" in your shard?

I've been in my shard's groups for both arena / ships since the start. I was among the first to be invited as I stay at the top. If shards get rearranged, I'll be among the first to be invited again because I have one of the better accounts in this game.

It's the players that cannot stand on their own merits that desperately need this collusion to keep going. It's evident in the lack of substance in their arguments.

• Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    Options
    These groups eventually take the fun out of arena the bigger they get. Everyone joins because it's easier than not to. After a while, you aren't battling anyone--just rotating.

The game would be better with a real arena.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I think this whole thing would be different if we weren't living in the world where everyone can beat everyone. For example, if there was a team that maybe 1 or 2 could beat within the whole arena, then I have my doubts the people at the very top would be as willing to participate and then as a result, a lot less "rotations".

The leader board chats just alleviate the annoyance of people playing musical chairs. Fix PVP and don't worry about group chats.

• Options
    @OP this isn't really a feedback topic.

However, to cater to your thought:

People, especially the anonymous readers of this topic who will debate the outcome functions for later must realize that networking is an extremely important element of online gaming. If that gets removed, so will many many members.