Any Mauls waiting out there for the Jedi Teams?

I know there are some of you, and with Yoda entering the game, can Maul still be viable with the current speed meta and QGJ? I'm happy if my maul gets an assist and kills someone to get 100% turn meter, then I can get to wrecking some people, but other than that he will be a priority target for Jedi teams. It's a bittersweet feeling for me, he's kind of a double-edged sword and a gamble at the same time. He needs a good leader to supplement him too

Replies

• Options
    He will not attack even once against a team with both QGJ and Old Ben.

He might be good in a jedi team again other jedis haha.
  • Options
    Only 7 * maul will make a difference. Otherwise, hes too squishy right now.
  • Options
    I have a 5* Maul that needs to be geared and levelled up. From what I understand I'm gonna have to care for my Ewok Elder, too.
  • Options
    I'
    Only 7 * maul will make a difference. Otherwise, hes too squishy right now.

I've got one of those :D but yeah I realize he has like no tenacity which could be bad, but I'm not in the top teams right now, so I haven't experienced those juggernaut teams that trample you. When Maul does work and does get his turn though, it is still very exciting for me to watch him jump from character to character and get more powerful haha. Im debating using him as a leader in an experimental build, see how good his base dodge is.
  • Options
    @Sniperchief I run an all Jedi team in my server. Lvl 70, top 50. I have seen a 6* Maul once in my arena battles. I won't lie, I know his potential against Jedi, so he died. In the one move it took QGJ to hit him and call and ally to finish. And if that didn't work, Old Ben was going soon to ensure offense down. I'm not sure I'd want him on defense.

Now, on offense, and in your hands, he might be a beast. AI isn't the best at focusing threats, so I'm sure he'd be able to survive long enough to do some real damage.
  • Options
    Poe+maul might be a thing if yoda is get to be OP. Unfortunately i only got maul at 4 from lucky chrom pulls. So now way to level him yet!
  • Options
    Maul has 20% HP steal. So yes, I think he will be a very powerful character right now.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    @Sniperchief I run an all Jedi team in my server. Lvl 70, top 50. I have seen a 6* Maul once in my arena battles. I won't lie, I know his potential against Jedi, so he died. In the one move it took QGJ to hit him and call and ally to finish. And if that didn't work, Old Ben was going soon to ensure offense down. I'm not sure I'd want him on defense.

Now, on offense, and in your hands, he might be a beast. AI isn't the best at focusing threats, so I'm sure he'd be able to survive long enough to do some real damage.

Yeah, AI isn't the best at handling some situations which is a plus when you are on offense but sucks when you are on defense haha, but yeah I understand. Getting him to higher gear for me right now just improves his attack and crit chance (already pretty **** high with palp as lead) which won't increase his survivability. I suppose if someone wanted to go all-out anti jedi, they could have Dooku, Palpy, Maul, and interchange the last two people; it's all about that Poe to keep your squishes out of danger. I will admit tho, maul is great in GW, not so much Arena. Now that we can see opponents in Arena, having Maul for one battle will commit him to the next unfortunately and people can tell. I really don't want to make an anti-jedi team, but I really wanna make some use out of my Maul. We will have to see how game changing yoda is...
  • Options
    fberbert wrote: »
    Maul has 20% HP steal. So yes, I think he will be a very powerful character right now.

Is that 20% Hp steal from gear or from the Power of Hatred Ability on 3rd enemy?
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The leader evasion could get interesting. 52.5% evasion on Sid could get silly and 37.5% on Maul after the second opponent falls. Ewok elder or Daka could be useful to bring back Maul after he's one shot.
  • Options
    The leader evasion could get interesting. 52.5% evasion on Sid could get silly and 37.5% on Maul after the second opponent falls. Ewok elder or Daka could be useful to bring back Maul after he's one shot.

I like your thought process there :D
  • Options
    He is only deadly when you are using him. With an AI, he will not survive.
  • Options
    fberbert wrote: »

Is that 20% Hp steal from gear or from the Power of Hatred Ability on 3rd enemy?

Gear.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me