Arena dropping

Used to drop from top 50 to around 75. Past few days I've gone down to 120 something.

I guess I'm popping up in more people's fight choices.

Anyone else noticing a bigger drop?

Replies

• Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    People catch up. Couple that with the reduced need for speed (Zaul/Rex) and things become more competitive.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    I've been dropping more and more as I don't run Rex or Zaul lead in arena.

Any chump squad can beat mine on defense right now which kind of stinks.

By "chump" squads I mean simply that squads that can barely break into top 20 can beat me even though I can (and do) take 1st with my squad.
  • Dalvis
    182 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone got guaranteed double drop mods TWICE last week. For a moment there the devs really opened the flood gates. A lot of people just caught up really quickly.
  • Options
    i've seen bigger drops too but that's probably my own doing. arena has just gotten so boring with all the same rebel teams i just don't care about arena anymore.
  • _JB_
    68 posts Member
    Options
    its almost like they merge leader boards once in a while. I dropped 50 spots last week as well as did many of the names I normally see around me. Now its back to normal and I'm at #35. Last week I was out of the top 100. This is about the 4th time its happened. Lasts a few days then things seem to get back to normal.
  • Options
    Happens to me too. Everything is steady, then all of a sudden a huge drop, then back to normal.
  • Options
    It just seems sometimes like they're actively trying to make each aspect of the game as little fun as possible.

GW is broken, raids are boring, ships are a mess - and now arena is being weird.
  • Torzek
    72 posts Member
    Options
    I normally stayed within top 30 or so and have been dropping as low as 64 for the last week. No magic, other players are leveling up and/or gearing up better than my team.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    I dropped from 62 at payout to 185 come morning on Wednesday that hurt. Back up now though.
  • Options
    The devs will never admit that they merge servers! I do strongly think that they do.

i would consider this a good thing.
  • MykCnoE
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Not just me then. I was around 65-85, then dropped to 150 something.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    I think they should mix up shards every month so that collusion is keep to a minimum and it keeps it fresh for diversity.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Did new players appeared in the top 10? If not then probably there was no leaderboard merge: if they merged leaderboard, you would have twice as much competitors for the top end of the leaderboard.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Arena seems normal to me. Still in top 20
  • Balanced
    12 posts Member
    Options
    I've been dropping more and more as I don't run Rex or Zaul lead in arena.

Any chump squad can beat mine on defense right now which kind of stinks.

By "chump" squads I mean simply that squads that can barely break into top 20 can beat me even though I can (and do) take 1st with my squad.

+1
  • Balanced
    12 posts Member
    Options
    MykCnoE wrote: »
    Not just me then. I was around 65-85, then dropped to 150 something.

My guess is many people went from terrible mods to good mods after double drops
  • Options
    Same here its stupid I always had good mods and now people who never invested in mods got finally good ones and I lost my advantage
  • Options
    Lol, I don't think anyone here has actually mentioned what changed arena. Zetas are one and 4x speed is the second. The combo of both of those things made every team beatable. As you see more people catch up with Zetas it will continue to shift, unless you stay ahead.
  • Balanced
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, I don't think anyone here has actually mentioned what changed arena. Zetas are one and 4x speed is the second. The combo of both of those things made every team beatable. As you see more people catch up with Zetas it will continue to shift, unless you stay ahead.

I thinks he was referring to a specific change occurring recently.

But I agree zetas change a lot. However some 1-2 zeta teams just trump 3+ zeta teams so still hard to stay ahead. Roster diversity seems the best solution. Hard to gear the next toon when you realize he's at 3 stars in the closet
  • Options
    There is no way the devs could merge leaderboards without people noticing. On the older boards all the top 20 know each other and often collaborate for best rewards. Sticking the top 20 from any other leaderboard into that and it would be glaringly obvious, and would result in mass outrage, particularly since the devs have promised never to merge boards.

The recent double drop events have given a lot of players improved mods and a nice boost to gear, and will probably have gotten a bunch of people playing more actively again. New movie releases also often result in fresh faces in the top 20 as people get back to playing and maybe spend some cash to catch up.
  • Options
    People's stupidity ceases to amaze me. The reason why you're dropping more is that others in your leaderboard are simply catching up. Not a stealth merge. We've been stuck at level 85 and gear XI forever. Additionally even those who neglected zetas initially have had time to get 1 or 2 to increase the viability of their arena team. Finally, the only thing that now that spearates meta teams are new character releases and zeta abilities. However, everyone jumps on board with those right away. That Nihlius guy is on a few teams, right?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Everyone has been hitting on all good points, people catching up with toons, gear and mods.

Also keep an eye on the day of the week, guild activity for PvP will start in other parts of the world so activity in arena will pick up early depending where you are from.
  • Options
    What have you done today, yesterday, last week to improve your arena team.

If the answer is nothing/very little then those who have made changes have took a step forward to catching you and those within a step have caught you.

More people are hitting max gear, getting better mods and unlocking Zetas all the time.