Ignore poster button

This forum is in great need of an ignore button. Any other message board has it to weed out the trolls. Why not this one? Thoughts?

Replies

• Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    No. That's lame.
  • Options
    Fatzke wrote: »
    No. That's lame.
    Care to elaborate? You haven't had any run-ins with trolls on this forum?

• DarthTaral
    362 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    No. That's lame.

Trolls are real! They steal your socks, but only the left ones. What's up with that?
  • Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    No. That's lame.

Trolls are real! They steal your socks, but only the left ones. What's up with that?
    Lol
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    No. That's lame.

Only when they have holes in them as well so they are helpful. World need trolls.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Hey chill up man.. look at me!! I'm in jail lol
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    What does that mean, Racer? Why are you in jail?
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options

Not real jail.. look my ppic behind prison bar. I think i'm in jail. Warning lvl 3 lol
  • Options

Not real jail.. look my ppic behind prison bar. I think i'm in jail. Warning lvl 3 lol
    I know you aren't in real jail. Lol. So that's why. You have alot of warnings. I got a warning for posting in the wrong thread. Good luck, man. I hope they let you out soon. ;)

• J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    Options
    No. That's lame.
    Trolls try to be annoying, but if you just laugh at them and move on (not responding to them), that's the end of it. Responding to and arguing with them is the real problem. Anything offensive or stuff like spamming can all be reported.

Granted, there are some people who would only use the ignore on very annoying trolls. In that case, an ignore button would be fine. The problem is when people ignore other people just because they disagree. This makes conversations in threads very confusing for everyone.
  • Options
    No. That's lame.

I don't believe you, what do you want to bet on it? :smirk:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    J7Luke wrote: »
    No. That's lame.
    Trolls try to be annoying, but if you just laugh at them and move on (not responding to them), that's the end of it. Responding to and arguing with them is the real problem. Anything offensive or stuff like spamming can all be reported.

Granted, there are some people who would only use the ignore on very annoying trolls. In that case, an ignore button would be fine. The problem is when people ignore other people just because they disagree. This makes conversations in threads very confusing for everyone.
    I would say that my ignore button would be for the super trolls. Ignoring someone because of a disagreement sounds like something a child would do. Lol. I appreciate your input on the matter. It's sad because there is a lot of good information from most posters, but a few bad apples... well, you know the rest. :)