DS battles too easy

Wearesyke
218 posts Member
Do the dark side battles ever get difficult?
I just reached lvl 76 and unlocked the newest Dark side battles (DS lvl 8 nodes). Never had a single one of my toons go below 75% health, using only basics on normal and hard nodes. It was not even a slight challenge when I picked a lvl 45 snowtrooper as my ally. Are they such a breeze for everyone?

LS battles lvl 8 are exponentially harder with all the aoe's and Maul (Boss) being an absolute beast. I want the DS and LS battles to challenge me like arena and my node 12 of GW do.

Replies

• Options
    Wearesyke wrote: »
    I just reached lvl 76 and unlocked the newest Dark side battles (DS lvl 8 nodes). Never had a single one of my toons go below 75% health, using only basics on normal and hard nodes. It was not even a slight challenge when I picked a lvl 45 snowtrooper as my ally. Are they such a breeze for everyone?

LS battles lvl 8 are exponentially harder with all the aoe's and Maul (Boss) being an absolute beast. I want the DS and LS battles to challenge me like arena and my node 12 of GW do.

Node 12 GW?

What?! You want something WAAY above your level? Maybe you want to see triple cleanse and/or Resistance full zeta teams and/or max zeta Jedi teams etc. But nobody else does.
  • Options
    No, because it's Star Wars Galaxy of Rebels.
  • CrownV87
    143 posts Member
    Options
    They are level 76 they have no idea...
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    Options
    Good news for you, you can make every node as much challenging as you want, you just need to not use mods or not use a 6 member squad.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Here is the challenge you want:

Try to not throw your phone when you hit t9 hard battles... on either side.

Apparently they made these just for you!
  • CombatCommander7
    466 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    CrownV87 wrote: »

Ignorance is bliss.
  • Options
    It's all a product of what the landscape looked like when those nodes were first available. No zeta, no mods, level may have even still been capped at 70 or 75, and possibly no omegas yet. Tier 9 nodes on the other hand...
  • Options
    CrownV87 wrote: »

Ignorance is bliss.

very true, very true.

to the OP,

wait until you hit level 85. i've been at the cap since december last year and i just completed all the DS battles last week. i still have 1 node to 3* however.

as for LS i'm stuck on node 9b hard.

i feel i need the level cap increase to move forward in light side. i'm one of those players who plays with the toons i personally like. so i need to build up those light side toons a bit more to complete the nodes. i don't give into this game and use what the game tries to dictate is needed.
  • scuba
    14182 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Don't use DN lead sith. They make it easy
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Here is the challenge you want:

Try to not throw your phone when you hit t9 hard battles... on either side.

Apparently they made these just for you!

Dark Side T9 hards were pretty simple for me. Then again, I have focused heavily on dark side characters and had zVader, EP, Maul, Sid, TFP etc all at Gear 11-10 when the DS nodes unlocked at level 85.
    Still have not managed to win any of the LS9 (not even normal) because none of my LS characters are above Gear 8.
  • crzydroid
    7384 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sounds like you are focusing on Dark Side. I remember have trouble with the one with multiple EEs until I built up my squad a bit. 9B Hard was especially difficult, and I still need one star for it. Once I fet Boba to g10 I'm going to try again. But in general, the ls/ds battles have never been particularly challenging, with 9 Hard being the exception.
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Wearesyke wrote: »

Maybe your DS toons are just more advanced? For me this was the reason why I completed DS nodes in one run and without much problems. For LS nodes I just did not have the right toons.

Update: I hit L85 just today and tried the first L9 DS node ... piece of cake. But then again: I used my 5 best toons, all DS.
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    Options
    I have definitely focused on DS characters. My arena team is all DS. I can't beat LS Tier 8 hard nodes cause my LS team is so trash.
    I just don't have enough credits to level them up high enough. And I'm saving my credits for when I unlock Yoda in 2 days. The credit crunch is so real out here.....
  • Options
    The tier 9 dark side battles are somewhat more difficult, but they never approach the level of the light side battles. I think part of the reason is that dark side has some lead abilities that are just broken if combined, while the light side characters with similar combos are much less common.
  • kalidor
    2124 posts Member
    Options
    IMO, they didn't design the DS 9 normal/hard for the dark side heroes very well. There's no cleansers, so you can run squads like Emp, Vader, Sid, Fett, and TFP that stun, prevent abilities and buffs, do dots, and massive damage (culling blade, execute) and never worry about getting hit back. If you could use that squad on the Light side Hard battles, they'd be easy too. The light side just doesn't have the crowd control aspect that the dark side does.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m