On the lack of content (or lack thereof)

puppyCasey
208 posts Member
edited February 2016
I love SWGOH. Excluding one unavoidable flaw, its my favorite mobile game to do. The flaw is that I can enjoy it at most for 1 hr per day. I have a few suggestions and I would like to open up this thread for others suggestions for additions to daily playable content.
1. unrestrict the number of Arena battles and give rewards based on a points system where by winning battles wins you points, losing battles loses or doesnt change your points, and being defeated by others loses you points. In addition, replays of the past few battles could be replayable.
2. Arena^2 and Arena^3: each day players could compete in Arena^2 and Arena^3 with 5 daily tries and 50 crystals for 5 more to see who comes out on top: based on the points system or another ranking system, players are given three options of 2 (Arena^2) and 3 (Arena^3) opponents which they can try to defeat back to back, in the same way that ls/ds/cantina missions are set up, there could be 3 rounds of 3 ai controlled player opponents ( one lower in points/rank, one about equal, and one higher ).
Ultimately SWGOH is lacking diversity. New and Unique combinations of characters would need to be assembled, geared, levelled and starred for players to beat Arena^2/^3. In this way both EA and their customers profit.
3. Simply extend or make infinite Galactic War.
4. Add challenging co operative missions. Players could join teams of other players to face up against NPC or player teams in a clash of clans - style war.

Thats all i have for now. SWGOH has so much potential. Its not going to be realized, however, with shard shops. Why waste space? Add something which actually gives value to the $2,000+ investments made by some of your customers, and give people like me a reason to continue playing (and modestly investing).
I have all but stoppedspending money on SWGOH. I dont mind and actually enjoy spending $20 one week, $10 the next week, and so on,but thats not going to happen so that I can have better characters to interact with for only 45 a day.

Something tells me that SWGOH is never going to be the game it could have been. But who knows?

Replies

• Options
    Thread title makes no sense.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    OP the idea is pretty bad....

This is what happen when people forgot this is a mobile game..
  • Options
    I agree with OP I would really like to play more battles and preferably against real players not AI. There is a lot of potential for a real ladder with rewards, they don't even have to be resources like shards or credits necessarily, just a seasonal ranking with cosmetic and customisation options and trophies. The opportunities are endless.
  • Options
    Well, the "heads" table in the cantina got moved and there is some shiny stuff behind that courtain, so I think that it is safe to assume that we are getting a new feature there eventually. It would be easier to remove it completely if there was no intended addition. Also, the "ships" table is still present, but it means less because there were no changes to that area.
  • Options
    Take it easy, this is just a mobile game. It never meant to play more than a couple hours a day.

Also there's a lot of feature which is not playable yet.
  • Options
    Its a mobile game, as opposed to an immobile game
  • Options
    My point should read as follows

SWGOH is a great game. I enjoy playing and likely will continue to play for as long as its fun. I feel, however, that this game could be so much more. While I am happy with my initial investment, unless a 180*turn is made from this absurd Shard Shop to one of many valid and realistic other options, my initia monetary investment is going to be the only monetary investment.

While I do not think CG is going to make the changes i am advocating because they may forfeit my appx ~$20-50 per month, i do not think i am the only one who feels this way.