Sith trooper question

CrownV87
143 posts Member
There is no point in omegaing his special ability (2nd ability) under a DN lead is there? He cant gain benefit from protection up under nihilious right?

Replies

• Options
    You can get protection up during fights
  • CrownV87
    143 posts Member
    Options
    Under a dn lead he wont have protection....
  • Options
    It will still buff him during battle
  • CrownV87
    143 posts Member
    Options
    I know it will buff him i specifically asked if he gains any benefit from it. I dont want to waste 5 omega mats for no reason and i cant find this information anywhere.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Nihilus only converts his existing Protection into Health. Nothing stops Sith Trooper from gaining Protection later on. In fact, if I am not mistaken, and you use him in GW, the Protection he gains can get carried over to the next node as extra health(If you haven't lost it by the end of the fight of course).
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    CrownV87 wrote: »
    Under a dn lead he wont have protection....
    Protection Up and Protection are categorized separately. Protection is an innate stat, while Protection Up is a buff that is added after Nihilus' leadership converts Protection to Health.

So Sith Trooper's special attack Omega does work under Nihilus leadership, and it is worth getting. The amount granted by the buff is based on how much Protection he had before Nihilus converted it to health.

If the ability was designed to restore innate Protection like Dooku's Zeta, then it would be counted as a type of heal and Nihilus' leadership would prevent it the same way that it prevents Dooku from using his Zeta to get additional healing (the Zeta already gives Dooku plenty more damage output and thus more health stealing anyway). They probably gave Sith Trooper the Protection Up buff as a way to deliberately exempt him from that rule.
    Post edited by lisztophobia on
  • Mkalmurphy
    90 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I've used it a few times (no screenshot, sorry) under DN lead. He gets a few pips of purple protection. Nothing too crazy. It'll negate a hit of about 5k.
  • Anditesh
    135 posts Member
    Options
    Ive used it and you get Protection up and gain Protection. Protection up does not go into the health pool it is the only sith to have Protection under a Darth Nihilis lead.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    He should be able to gain purple protection from the buff, just as Imperial TIE Fighter can.
  • sneeyatch
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Confirmed. I have his abilities maxed and omega'd and use DN as a lead all the time. He does gain purple protection under DN, although it's not a lot - something like 10% or something...

Sith Trooper is a good tank.
  • CrownV87
    143 posts Member
    Options
    Lisztop thank you very much for explaining, i greatly appreciate that.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Options
    Anditesh wrote: »
    Ive used it and you get Protection up and gain Protection. Protection up does not go into the health pool it is the only sith to have Protection under a Darth Nihilis lead.
    Unless they have AT(F) on their team. :)