B2 is a tank, why he doesn't have PASIVE TAUNT???

DarthTadeusV
159 posts Member
edited June 2017
When a character life goes -50% or something like that

Replies

• Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Then his unique would not work. If he is taking all of the hits then no one else is(unless AOE)
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Hilarious suggestion.
  • Options
    B2 is what is generally referred to as a "soft" taunt (like a Zarriss). If he is ignored, he will constantly go and, in addition to his love-tap damage, he will cooldown his AOE dispel pretty frequently.
  • Options
    Has to be a troll, dumbest post I've seen
  • Iwells911
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben doesn't taunt either
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    being a tank doest mean he has to have a taunt... look at 5s, gar, ben, ig100, windu
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    capifico22 wrote: »

It is not, it is a legitimate question in the game. B2 is somewhat confusing because he is a tank that is supposed to absorb damage but works best when others are damaged
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Give Jedi Knight Guardian a taunt!!
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

It is not, it is a legitimate question in the game. B2 is somewhat confusing because he is a tank that is supposed to absorb damage but works best when others are damaged

Right....so of all the non-taunting tanks to ask about...this is the worst

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Not all tanks taunt.

End of thread
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    I would hate if B2 taunted.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Like was said earlier, B2 has a soft taunt. Rather than forcing you to target him, he punishes you for not targeting him. So players will often choose to target him to prevent his extra attacks.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Put any of those tanks in a Grievous team and they'll taunt eventually! You're welcome!
  • Options
    B2 is a tank based on hp and dmg mitigation. Not every tank must taunt. Some tanks taunt to protect allies (chewie, rg). Some tanks can punish opponents for attacking them (sun fac, sth, 5s). Some tanks punish opponents for attacking their allies (b2, gk). Some tanks do multiple (baze, SiT). And some tanks are pure utility (koon, teebo). Side note: koon needs more dmg mitigation and a new kit including electric judgment.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Compared to 3/4 of the stuff in this board, this thread is solid gold quality content.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    Options
    As crazy as it sounds there are more things a tank can be than the roles dictated in MMOs.
  • Options
    Like practically what everyone else had said, not all tanks have to taunt ;-;
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    and certainly most tanks do not have a passive taunt. i like B2's mechanics a lot actually. he forces you to hit him, or suffer the pew pew pews that also happen to put buff immunity on, which is a major PITA of a debuff
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    He gets so much tm from others being hit it'd be a waste of his unique. You don't want him to taunt so he gets multiple attempts to use his Buff Killer 9000 special.

He's one of the best support characters in the game. He stops your opponent's momentum and gives your attackers an opportunity to do some damage. His high HP just means that he can provide that support for more turns.
  • Options
    No need to be rude to the OP, guys.

OP, it's true he's a tank with no taunt. But lots of tanks don't taunt. A tank just means a toon with generally high endurance and low damage. He has that. For what it's worth, he basically acts as a taunt when I fave him...gotta kill him and knock out that AOE fast.