When Will General Grievous Get a Rework?

STRIKEBOMB
1232 posts Member
As the title says, when will grievous get his rework he desperately deserves? As the 2nd hardest character to unlock (formerly THE HARDEST before fleet shipments were added) he has absolutely nothing to show for it. On top of that he is one of the most feared, non force sensitive, beings in the galaxy and he is easily outclassed by most characters. This is mainly a question for the devs but feel free to post your thoughts on this.

Replies

• scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Never
  • Options
    unfortunately the best and my favorite character in SW will never get a rework, maybe a zeta but it seems characters are related to toy sales so new movie puts tarkin in tarkin gets rework. There is no love for droids since they were only in clone wars - the star wars age that gets forgotten even tho Grivieous was super original and a bunch of other amazing designs are basically ignored for story telling and we end up rooting for the bad guys. Guess there are no heroes anymore .... so here's to hopping but it's more like new droids that can be made into toys for the young and impressionable rather then hardcore characters.

GG was built as a killing machine after the jedis wiped out his inocent race, jedi who themselves were tricked into it by the banking clan. A Dark vengeance story with a terminator like, 4 armed lightsaber wielding, magma guard designer and assassin droid designer. His storry kinda makes him the hero but his atitude in the movies is like 2 catch phrases and comic/incompetent

so yeah this guy should be qgj/yoda/emperor style strong... but I guess we need room for chaze and rogue one characters, you know the onews that shoot friends in the back, kill in cold blood, have less personality then a reprogrammed droid you know the guys we are supposed to like. I mean really would anyone BUY a toy with baze? IDK here's to hopping that we end up with a game universe in wich a dark lord can beat a retired trooper 1v1. But no we get a legend turned into a droid because his prostetics are at 4 arms instead of 2. I mean luke and vader are droids by that logic, but oh no they are fan favorites next to R2 and C3 while the 4 lightsaber wielding general is reduced to a cartoon.

The best thing in the clone wars about GG was that he enjoyed it before Windu crushed his chest he had an atitude, personality and he was hunting jedis down because it felt good, he went out of his way for 1v1 and meats kenobi like 20 times, movie time - 1 fight but kenobi is hunting him thank God I saw the movie before the cartoons, I would have beeeeen sooo disssaapointed on that front
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    unfortunately the best and my favorite character in SW will never get a rework, maybe a zeta but it seems characters are related to toy sales so new movie puts tarkin in tarkin gets rework. There is no love for droids since they were only in clone wars - the star wars age that gets forgotten even tho Grivieous was super original and a bunch of other amazing designs are basically ignored for story telling and we end up rooting for the bad guys. Guess there are no heroes anymore .... so here's to hopping but it's more like new droids that can be made into toys for the young and impressionable rather then hardcore characters.

GG was built as a killing machine after the jedis wiped out his inocent race, jedi who themselves were tricked into it by the banking clan. A Dark vengeance story with a terminator like, 4 armed lightsaber wielding, magma guard designer and assassin droid designer. His storry kinda makes him the hero but his atitude in the movies is like 2 catch phrases and comic/incompetent

so yeah this guy should be qgj/yoda/emperor style strong... but I guess we need room for chaze and rogue one characters, you know the onews that shoot friends in the back, kill in cold blood, have less personality then a reprogrammed droid you know the guys we are supposed to like. I mean really would anyone BUY a toy with baze? IDK here's to hopping that we end up with a game universe in wich a dark lord can beat a retired trooper 1v1. But no we get a legend turned into a droid because his prostetics are at 4 arms instead of 2. I mean luke and vader are droids by that logic, but oh no they are fan favorites next to R2 and C3 while the 4 lightsaber wielding general is reduced to a cartoon.

The best thing in the clone wars about GG was that he enjoyed it before Windu crushed his chest he had an atitude, personality and he was hunting jedis down because it felt good, he went out of his way for 1v1 and meats kenobi like 20 times, movie time - 1 fight but kenobi is hunting him thank God I saw the movie before the cartoons, I would have beeeeen sooo disssaapointed on that front

Well in that case i hope he gets the best zeta ever by far lol. Anything less and he still won't be used. Maybe give him 4 zetas just to be safe lol
  • Options
    given that he has the longest time to unlock and 7*, 4 zetas would make sense haha
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Separatists will eventually get an overhaul imo eventually like the other factions.Boba got reworked,hardly any you sales there.Grievous killed more Jedi until Vader came along so he's very deserving,he should have some anti-Jedi abilities.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    jjkriv wrote: »
    Separatists will eventually get an overhaul imo eventually like the other factions.Boba got reworked,hardly any you sales there.Grievous killed more Jedi until Vader came along so he's very deserving,he should have some anti-Jedi abilities.

I would be just as happy with a separatist/droid faction pass as with a grievous rework.
  • DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    He'll get a rework at some point. I think I remember a vid some time ago where the devs mentioned him. Probably along with a full separatist rework. I'm slowly working on gearing him as a side project so when the rework does happen I'll have him ready or almost ready.
  • Mastoraz
    156 posts Member
    Options
    I hope he's universally good not just with droids or separatist. The best toons in this game are the ones that can be played anywhere.
  • Options
    Just in time for the month of the Speartists!
  • Options
    If they do something they should add him to Ships as well, so that the seperatist will have a capital ship as well being the Malevolence
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    jjkriv wrote: »

They just did... Nute got nerf'd.

CG says, "You're welcome!"
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Admiral trench would be cool and he could make that "knuck,knuck,knuck" noise,haha!
  • Options
    Mastoraz wrote: »
    I hope he's universally good not just with droids or separatist. The best toons in this game are the ones that can be played anywhere.

I dont like universally characters they are bad fot the balance good synergy with droids and separatist is better
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    +1, I would love to see him get a rework, as love his animation and his look however he is useless in game.
  • Options
    I just started out and wanted to get him bad. He is my favorite character, but I see he's hard to get and not that good...
  • Options
    I have a terrible feeling that, if they change him, he'll somehow end up buffing triple-cleanse teams.
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Rework will be in, Separatember.

I thank you!
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    He need it!

GG rework with other separatists reworks and new ships.

Nute as fleet commander too. Give us this devs.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    LordGluth wrote: »
    I just started out and wanted to get him bad. He is my favorite character, but I see he's hard to get and not that good...

Work on him only through fleet shipments. Just ignore getting him from the shard shop. Unfortunately I got him to 7* before ships were implemented lol. I got him the VERY, VERY HARD way lol.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    My question is, how did this post get moved to the feedback section....this is a DISCUSSION, NOT GIVING FEEDBACK.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    I feel like the Separatists are going to get a month pretty soon. They will release Nute's Capital Ship, rework Grievous, and add Droideka.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I feel like the Separatists are going to get a month pretty soon. They will release Nute's Capital Ship, rework Grievous, and add Droideka.

lol, that's what i thought back in March....surprise, it didn't happen. I had the idea in my head that it would be the "March of the Separatists". It made perfect sense, but still didn't happen. I made a rework for Grievous and Droideka that have been well received if anyone is interested in checking them out. Here's the links.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/114031/destroyer-droid-droideka-idea#latest
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/88065/general-grievous-rework-idea-updated/p1