Have a great day everyone

Replies

• Options
    Zipped wrote: »
    Once again just my weekly post asking the Devs to put Revan in the game

lol
  • Options
    I second this idea, for now and every week till he's in. Sith and Jedi synergy, and general omnipotence.
  • Options
    Zipped wrote: »
    Once again just my weekly post asking the Devs to put Revan in the game

I second this idea, for now and every week till he's in. Sith and Jedi synergy, and general omnipotence.

I'm sorry but we already have the droid that Revan created. We also have Darth Nihilus, and i would bet money that in the over all grand scheme of things that Revan is a more popular character than Darth Nihilus. Why we dont already have Revan I will never understand.
  • Options
    Who?
  • Mc_Iavell
    240 posts Member
    Options
    At some time we will have it. And I will buy the hell out of him.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    I would like to see him added but then Sith would be unstoppable
  • Mc_Iavell
    240 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    or Jedi.....
    I remember someone proposed a unique for him basing on the number of light side / dark side characters in the party he is involved. If dark side oriented, he would have Sith skills, otherwise Jedi skills.

I would love this kind of mechanic.
  • Options
    Who?

I swear the mods make it difficult to have to put up with trolls.
  • Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Who?

I genuinely have no idea who Revan is. I also didnt know who Nihilus was, I had to look it up once he was released and he seemed soooo fake... Like, not really SW material.
    Guess this is the case again.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Love this post, hate all the talk about garbage like Jango and Thrawn
  • Mc_Iavell
    240 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi who became Sith who became Jedi who became prisoner who became crazy who became one with the force.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    +1 Revan should be in this game...
    Mc_Iavell wrote: »
    or Jedi.....
    I remember someone proposed a unique for him basing on the number of light side / dark side characters in the party he is involved. If dark side oriented, he would have Sith skills, otherwise Jedi skills.

I would love this kind of mechanic.

That would be really nice to see...
  • Options
    Who?

I genuinely have no idea who Revan is. I also didnt know who Nihilus was, I had to look it up once he was released and he seemed soooo fake... Like, not really SW material.

Hard to believe that you didn't even accidently stumble on to any information about Darth Revan while you were looking up information about Darth Nihilus. Considering they are from ruffly the same time frame and same series of video games.
    However I will indulge your ignorance. Darth Revan is one of the most powerful force users within the starwars Mythos. Long story short He was a Jedi that turned to the dark side and then returned to the light side and found true balance within the force enabling him to be able to use both light and dark side powers. However at the moment all of this is regulated into the legends Universe and not viewed as official cannon anymore. SHAME.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Asking for a LS/DS Revan is like asking for a Vader that turns into Anakin if you would prefer. It doesn't make sense, and isn't true to his story. He was never Light and Dark at the same time.

They should make two versions of his character. Like every other toon that goes through some kind of change.
  • Mc_Iavell
    240 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Asking for a LS/DS Revan is like asking for a Vader that turns into Anakin if you would prefer. It doesn't make sense, and isn't true to his story. He was never Light and Dark at the same time.

They should make two versions of his character. Like every other toon that goes through some kind of change.

Mission "The Foundry" star wars the old republic. He was able to use both sides power.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options

In a sense Revan was always both Light and Dark at the same time. Kreia states Revan's was not a fall but a sacrifice. Revan chose to be the necessary evil to prevent a greater evil, and then he saved the galaxy, twice.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Revan should have both powers, Light and Dark, and he should affect both sides, Sith and Jedi.

THAT would be an awesome game mechanic to see play out.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Mc_Iavell
    240 posts Member
    Options
    WELL no.
    At first he went after Mandalorians to save the goods but when finding the Sith Academy under malachor V he was forced by the Emperor Vitiate to go conquer the Repubblic as his own pawn.
    Then, Star wars kinghts of the old republic.
  • Mc_Iavell
    240 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Revan should have both powers, Light and Dark, and he should affect both sides, Sith and Jedi.

THAT would be an awesome game mechanic to see play out.

I would like to see a dynamic Revan depending on his team. Imagine: he could change side while the match evolves. Priceless.

I just had a nightmare. Figure EA will tell us is ok to bring us Revan but WITHOUT helmet.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

Mission "The Foundry" star wars the old republic. He was able to use both sides power.

He isn't the only Jedi/Sith have been able to use both sides of the force throughout Star Wars lore. That doesn't change his affiliation at the time. Just his abilities.
  • Mc_Iavell
    240 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, but let's compare him with R2-D2 in this game. He has multiple era's tags. So should Revan, being not named as Darth Revan but "Revan" alone.
    Tag: dark side, light side, sith, jedi, REBEL (because we always want some other rebels).
    And a dynamic skills isn't as bad as it seems. Could be new, could be meta changing: it could go into several different teams, depending on your choices. Synergies everywehere.

Oh how much whale I could become!
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Boreas wrote: »

In a sense Revan was always both Light and Dark at the same time. Kreia states Revan's was not a fall but a sacrifice. Revan chose to be the necessary evil to prevent a greater evil, and then he saved the galaxy, twice.

If you choose to be the necessary evil, you are evil. It might seem gray, but you have to realize that this character is defined by his actions. At a time of war, he chose a specific path, the dark side. He was eventually turned by Vitiate, only strengthening his ties to the Dark Side. Your alignment might move closer to one side or the other at times, but it's never both.

There are multiple versions of Revan over time. I would be fine with a Jedi Revan with Bastila synergies, and a Sith Revan. But not both in one.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, but let's compare him with R2-D2 in this game. He has multiple era's tags. So should Revan, being not named as Darth Revan but "Revan" alone.
    Tag: dark side, light side, sith, jedi, REBEL (because we always want some other rebels).
    And a dynamic skills isn't as bad as it seems. Could be new, could be meta changing: it could go into several different teams, depending on your choices. Synergies everywehere.

Oh how much whale I could become!

R2D2 doesn't age. He doesn't go through any character building dyanmic. He is a droid, and he acts the way he was programmed for the entirety of the saga.

Now if Revan was born at 25, and was never influenced in any way by his actions or the actions of those around him, you might have an argument. Thing is, he is human. As human as Anakin, who eventually became Vader. You can't have two versions of the same man in on toon.
  • Options
    Who?

Hard to believe that you didn't even accidently stumble on to any information about Darth Revan while you were looking up information about Darth Nihilus. Considering they are from ruffly the same time frame and same series of video games.
    However I will indulge your ignorance. Darth Revan is one of the most powerful force users within the starwars Mythos. Long story short He was a Jedi that turned to the dark side and then returned to the light side and found true balance within the force enabling him to be able to use both light and dark side powers. However at the moment all of this is regulated into the legends Universe and not viewed as official cannon anymore. SHAME.
    Well thanks for taking the time to explain. I did stumble upon his name, I Just didnt bother Making a research on him.
    Either way, being non cannon made him irrelevant to me, carry on. Sounds like another character they Made OP in order to sell video games. Shame
  • Mc_Iavell
    240 posts Member
    Options
    Oh I see what you are saying.
    The Revan you're using in a match can't change because there is no chance a toon could "age" in the while.

R2 actually is providing bonuses to different factions at the same time. I'm sure nobody would have bad words after "my" [sorry I don't remember the one who proposed the Revan mech] proposal.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Who?

Well thanks for taking the time to explain. I did stumble upon his name, I Just didnt bother Making a research on him.
    Either way, being non cannon made him irrelevant to me, carry on. Sounds like another character they Made OP in order to sell video games. Shame

Nah. His story is similar to many Star Wars characters. Classic chosen one gone bad. Then eventually bringing peace to the galaxy. I wouldn't call him over powered. There were other Jedi/Sith more powerful than him, even while he was helping change the galaxy.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    I also think Revan's abilities should read someting like Revan gets_____ and all other Jedi get _____. Sith get____. And have those abilities be different.

Example:

Revan gains offense up. All jedi gain tenacity p. All sith gain damage over time to their basic. (your team only)

Obviously not those EXACT abilities but you get the idea. Then we could see some Jedi/Sith team mashups.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Ok, cool.
    I Just wasnt cool at all with the whole Nihilus destroyer of worlds thing, and still am not.
    I mean, the other day I watched a clip of vídeo game in which Vader supposely has an aprentice, and this guy is force choking 30 something troopers, and then force torch them to death. Wut
  • Mc_Iavell
    240 posts Member
    Options
    One thing is to create a powerful character (I hated the Vader apprentice for the force unleashed for that), one other is to create a char in this game. Nihilus is powerful as Chirrut. You see the difference here. I don't see any trouble in adding Revan but I fear he will by a third/fourth raid.
  • Options
    I'm a simple man. I see Revan, I grab some popcorn, click and read the comments and chuckle as people argue