Phoenix Squad Viable??

Smack
36 posts Member
Hey everyone,

What is everyone's thoughts on Phoenix squad?

I am contemplating farming them soon as my next project. Has anyone already done this? I think their ships are good but I don't believe building them just for their ships is worth the trouble. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Options
    Simply put... NO
  • Options
    Unless you need them for Thrawn then get them just to make your empire faction stronger
  • 66homunculus
    61 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nope, they suck. Ezra is the only good one atm if you run Jedi. Maybe Sabine will be good later on the right team, but who knows.
  • Options
    One of our guys had them all fully maxed. Couldn't even beat Zaul teams in arena.
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want them viable for.

I've been experimenting with them. They can blast through most of the GW while ending at full health and protection, so that's nice. They are kind of like a Nihilus squad in that respect.

I am eager to get them to 7* so I can try them in the tank. I have a feeling they will fare OK in Phase 1 and 3. I didn't drop mad money on them to get them to full stars.

I also have a feeling they will make easy work of Light Side 9B, which everyone likes to complain about, but - again - I need more stars on them.

One thing you should not discount, however, is the Ghost. Trust me on this.

• bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, and Ezra *is* a superstar. The ability to call for a specific assist is tremendous. His cooldowns are low, and he gets even faster with Flourish.

He *will* become part of a meta squad at some point - watch for it.
  • Options
    bolobaby wrote: »
    Oh, and Ezra *is* a superstar. The ability to call for a specific assist is tremendous. His cooldowns are low, and he gets even faster with Flourish.

He *will* become part of a meta squad at some point - watch for it.

Ezra is already a part of a zQGJ jedi team which destroy any other meta team like it's nothing.
  • Options
    All teams are equally viable against Chaze/GK teams.
  • Options
    bolobaby wrote: »
    Depends on what you want them viable for.

I've been experimenting with them. They can blast through most of the GW while ending at full health and protection, so that's nice. They are kind of like a Nihilus squad in that respect.

I am eager to get them to 7* so I can try them in the tank. I have a feeling they will fare OK in Phase 1 and 3. I didn't drop mad money on them to get them to full stars.

I also have a feeling they will make easy work of Light Side 9B, which everyone likes to complain about, but - again - I need more stars on them.

One thing you should not discount, however, is the Ghost. Trust me on this.
    They're bad in HAAT as a group, same guy tested there several times. Vids were bad
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    One of our guys had them all fully maxed. Couldn't even beat Zaul teams in arena.

Which only proves they can't beat Zaul teams.

The strength of the Phoenix squad (besides lots of buffs) is assists, counter attacks, and turn meter boosts. Maul starting every match with an AoE daze shuts down assists, counter attacks, and turn meter boosts. Unfortunate for them that they were released at the height of the Zaul meta.

They may be decent against some non-Zaul meta squads, but I have no way to test that since I didn't have $2,500-$3,000 to get them when they came out.
  • Smack
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Well now they are all F2P... lmao
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Options
    Seems like they have potential with Ashoka, but you can probably get the buffs elsewhere.
  • LeftyTwoGuns
    460 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The Ghost and Phantom seem really good but they're still not farmable from what I can see. And 6 characters for 2 ships seems kind of steep

I don't think we'll get a straight answer about the viability of Pheonix Squad for a while because very few people had them maxed out this whole time. They were whale only characters, there hasn't been a lot of experimentation aside from sticking Ezra on Jedi squads
  • Options
    i was thinking of making Hera lead, R2, Kannon, Ezra, Sabine. R2 unique's work like Hera lead so they work and effect all of them.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    They mainly miss AoE. The leader ability of Hera is really interesting but it seems that a full Phoenix is not able to shine against the META teams.
    Now, Ezra is a nice toon. I play him with Wiggs, Cassian and K2 in GW since they're not arena ready and it's a fun team. I also play Kanan with my zQGJ team in GW (also here Kanan is not geared enough for arena) and he's really cool in such a team. It's a good tank who can counter and a good alternative to people with no GK. Play R2 with him, select him with Smoke Screen and you have a toon that will counter almost everytime. He also has a good survavibility due to his unique.
    Zeb is another good toon imo (Daze, Stagger, Stun) and can be part of a rebel team.
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    Options
    I'll end up farming them all but I'm thinking hera Ezra kanaan Sabine or zeb and r2 would be pretty dope. Zeb for those fights that will take a while while Sabine for those quick burns and probably raid value
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    I'll end up farming them all but I'm thinking hera Ezra kanaan Sabine or zeb and r2 would be pretty dope. Zeb for those fights that will take a while while Sabine for those quick burns and probably raid value

I think you won't need Kanan if you're using R2. Imo with R2, use Hera, Sabine, Zeb and Ezra. Focus on Zeb when using Smoke screen, he's a good tank that regain protection.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »

I think you won't need Kanan if you're using R2. Imo with R2, use Hera, Sabine, Zeb and Ezra. Focus on Zeb when using Smoke screen, he's a good tank that regain protection.

I think canaans counter is pretty important. Extra damage.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Zeb gives Daze on his basic and use retirbution on his special. His protection recovery will be more important to help the team than the counter of Kanan imo. They both have advantage and drawbacks. I'm using Kanan in GW with my Jedi team. His one-toon cleanse and protection up is interesting and he's a good tank also. But I think Daze is also a nice-to-have to face teams that gain more and more TM when you hit them (Biggs) or other manipulation (ie Baze or JKA).
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe some Zetas is all it will take to make them "viable". :)
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice if they could share their unique without Hera, as the Imperial Trooper are doing.
  • Options
    Phoenix team work together like no other