I feel like the new meta will be...

l3end3r
895 posts Member
edited February 2016
QGJ (lead), Lumi, Yoda, Poe and Rey or GS

Assuming Yoda leads up to the hype. There's a slim chance Poe won't even be in top PVP teams with all the adjustments.

Edit* these are just my thoughts. Rex is now available as well and it seems like they might go character happy soon :)

Could also see Rey and GS being used instead of Lumi
Post edited by l3end3r on

Replies

• Options
    New meta will be more varied without doubts.. at the moment with the change to leader skill there are at least 3 teams that can be competitive (top 20).. The game nedded this..
  • Options
    Poe is still in some of the top teams on my server, but I have yet to lose to him. People seem to be taking him out quick.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Poe is still in some of the top teams on my server, but I have yet to lose to him. People seem to be taking him out quick.

I left my lineup the same (standard Sid/Poe/dos) as always and dropped to #24 VERY fast after the prize drop. Coincidence maybe but I usually finish 1-4 depending on the day, and fall to 12-16 in 24 hours.
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I ended up taking Sid out for now, throwing QGJ in his spot with Poe, FOTP, Rey and GS behind him. Seems to be working well. Havnt dropped at all since the update.
  • Options
    I want to take Sidious out but with Leia I feel he is so good at leader. Torn on this.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Options
    Poe didn't need a nerf. If they did anything, drop speed -1 and that's it.
    ilyanor wrote: »
    New meta will be more varied without doubts.. at the moment with the change to leader skill there are at least 3 teams that can be competitive (top 20).. The game nedded this..
    The game needed people to realize there were already a few ways to beat a Poe team and do it instead of following the leader.

☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    Poe didn't need a nerf. If they did anything, drop speed -1 and that's it.
    The game needed people to realize there were already a few ways to beat a Poe team and do it instead of following the leader.

Pretty sure you are describing a "nerf".
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You guys have it all wrong, but you're right that the meta has changed. The meta has changed so far from the pre-Feb Update meta, that most people cant get the old meta way of thinking out of their heads. This new meta is all about Factions. So many variables for each faction, with 9 factions available, and 8 of them are extremely viable in this new era.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    I could see Dooku being big with how many jedi teams there will be.
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

Assuming Yoda leads up to the hype. There's a slim chance Poe won't even be in top PVP teams with all the adjustments.

Why Lumi replace that with Ben. And we do not even know how good Yoda actually is. So many more toons get to compete at 143 speed with POE.
  • Options
    Why Lumi replace that with Ben. And we do not even know how good Yoda actually is. So many more toons get to compete at 143 speed with POE.

Yep, that will definitely be one of the teams strong in the new meta. But rebel teams will be strong also, people just need time to farm them up. Your average poe+glass cannon teams and droid teams will still be competitive, just not at top tier I believe. The changes even give nightsister teams a chance.

And who knows, maybe when emperor palpatine is released empire teams will thrive too.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    JoshG wrote: »

I left my lineup the same (standard Sid/Poe/dos) as always and dropped to #24 VERY fast after the prize drop. Coincidence maybe but I usually finish 1-4 depending on the day, and fall to 12-16 in 24 hours.

Finishing 24 instead of 16 is just 1 battle lost more
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

Well he's still a P2W character. Lumi was the pick I was less certain about. Could see GS and Rey instead
  • Options

God I hope you're right. I built my team before listening to this form. It still works quite well, because Poe was part of the plan. Will be fun to have some independent thought and strategy again.
  • Options
    Subtracting 1 speed from Poe is irrelevant now because speed works as devs claimed on Reddit now.

No more speed tiers, just straight numbers.
  • Options
    Subtracting 1 speed from Poe is irrelevant now because speed works as devs claimed on Reddit now.

What makes you think so?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

Wait what?