Can we please do away with Sim tickets?

2Next

Replies

• kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    kodias wrote: »
    I have 5k sim tickets. I used to buy 2 cantina and normal refreshes per day now I do 3 refreshes. Only time you have to worry about losing sim tickets is if you are farming 8 energy cantina nodes. If you do the higher energy farms then you will start baking them pretty quickly.

Drop rates are bad across all parts of the game now. I don't understand why people are trying to defend this change. It's a simple fix get rid of the extra paywall to sim battles. Use energy only and due away with sim tickets. Easy

I am not defending it I just think that this topic is a non issue. you get 20 sim tickets per 120 normal energy refresh.If you are farming stun cuffs/ guns that's 12 attempts so you net 8 tickets. That plus the 25 you get from daily challenge should be enough to cover you.

Its a minor incentive that the devs use to encourage people to purchase refreshes.

If you are really short on tickets you can just auto through battles. After all, it is a game and they probably want you actually playing the game and not just simming everything.

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Just interested to see your argument @ForcePunish

Already addressed it above. I work bud. I don't have time to manually do every battle. Why can't we sim battles without sim tickets? Is there any other reason other than greed?

As i said in my first post in this thread... i sim everything.. been playing since Jan 16... im always around 1400-1600

But comment i was making to u its not a paywall as u can do the same as a sim in seconds.. its not like if u cant sim u cant get rewards
  • Options
    I have 5k sim tickets. I used to buy 2 cantina and normal refreshes per day now I do 3 refreshes. Only time you have to worry about losing sim tickets is if you are farming 8 energy cantina nodes. If you do the higher energy farms then you will start baking them pretty quickly.

Drop rates are bad across all parts of the game now. I don't understand why people are trying to defend this change. It's a simple fix get rid of the extra paywall to sim battles. Use energy only and due away with sim tickets. Easy

I am not defending it I just think that this topic is a non issue. you get 20 sim tickets per 120 normal energy refresh.If you are farming stun cuffs/ guns that's 12 attempts so you net 8 tickets. That plus the 25 you get from daily challenge should be enough to cover you.

Its a minor incentive that the devs use to encourage people to purchase refreshes.

If you are really short on tickets you can just auto through battles. After all, it is a game and they probably want you actually playing the game and not just simming everything.

It all boils down to them making me pay for convenience.
  • Options

Already addressed it above. I work bud. I don't have time to manually do every battle. Why can't we sim battles without sim tickets? Is there any other reason other than greed?

As i said in my first post in this thread... i sim everything.. been playing since Jan 16... im always around 1400-1600

But comment i was making to u its not a paywall as u can do the same as a sim in seconds.. its not like if u cant sim u cant get rewards

All I was trying to convey to you is I dont have time for this game if I can't sim battles. I have to work to much for this game to playable to me now.
  • Options
    I'd also like to see sim tickets removed.
  • Options
    The confirmation bias here is amazing. Drop rates haven't changed for anything. Every so often someone posts hard data with like 1000 data points about drop rates, and they've been consistent across the entire history of the game. Sim tickets do have a low drop rate. It's like 20% or below, but it's always been low. The way to get sim tickets is by refreshing energy. The people who run out of them are using crystals to buy stuff in shipments instead of refreshing regular energy. It's not a change in drop rates but a change in how people play the game to stop accessing the main supply of sim tickets, and then they blame it on changing drop rates, when their own practice is to blame for their lower supply.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

All I was trying to convey to you is I dont have time for this game if I can't sim battles. I have to work to much for this game to playable to me now.

Then maybe your playing wrong game... its a collection game made on rng... why would the developers let u get that easy and if u have the energy to use it where you want... this your first online game ?

There always has to be restrictions or where is the line on people willing to spend to those tgat are not

But i dont accept that with sim tickets as even if you have none you can still do the equivalent just takes seconds more
  • Options
    Parableman wrote: »
    The confirmation bias here is amazing. Drop rates haven't changed for anything. Every so often someone posts hard data with like 1000 data points about drop rates, and they've been consistent across the entire history of the game. Sim tickets do have a low drop rate. It's like 20% or below, but it's always been low. The way to get sim tickets is by refreshing energy. The people who run out of them are using crystals to buy stuff in shipments instead of refreshing regular energy. It's not a change in drop rates but a change in how people play the game to stop accessing the main supply of sim tickets, and then they blame it on changing drop rates, when their own practice is to blame for their lower supply.

Your right I don't have a thousand points of data to prove my point. The truth remains there is no need for sim tickets in the first place. Other than for EA to make more money from us.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

Your right I don't have a thousand points of data to prove my point. The truth remains there is no need for sim tickets in the first place. Other than for EA to make more money from us.

As i said you dont need to sim/pay for the same result
  • Options

Then maybe your playing wrong game... its a collection game made on rng... why would the developers let u get that easy and if u have the energy to use it where you want... this your first online game ?

There always has to be restrictions or where is the line on people willing to spend to those tgat are not

But i dont accept that with sim tickets as even if you have none you can still do the equivalent just takes seconds more

If what you say is the case then the only thing I've changed is farming more to try and help my guild get over the tank raid hump. If that was playing the game wrong then its a shame these systems are the way they are.
  • Options

As i said you dont need to sim/pay for the same result

As I said you do when don't have the time to battle them all because of work.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

If what you say is the case then the only thing I've changed is farming more to try and help my guild get over the tank raid hump. If that was playing the game wrong then its a shame these systems are the way they are.

We have all been doing that... all in the same situation

My guild is haat farm now but dont give like your sacrificing something noone else has

Oh and during that farm still never dropped under 1400 sims
  • Options
    I honestly for the life of me can't understand how some people have no sims and the others have unlimited. I buy one sum refresh a day and always use up about 50-100 tickets a day. I once tried to go on a spree where I bought 600 tickets in very quick succession. I was at 0 in almost a month
  • Options
    EmeraldZx wrote: »
    I honestly for the life of me can't understand how some people have no sims and the others have unlimited. I buy one sum refresh a day and always use up about 50-100 tickets a day. I once tried to go on a spree where I bought 600 tickets in very quick succession. I was at 0 in almost a month

Which means something has changed in this game at some point. Atleast from my view point. Someone is bound to argue this point however.
  • CamaroAMF
    1285 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing has changed with sim tickets. It's all about how many refreshes you do and what you farm. I have over 3700 and the number keeps on growing since I do two regular refreshes and two Cantina refreshes most days and I'm farming gear from 10 energy nodes and have been farming mods with Cantina energy, at least before Phoenix hit last night. I sim anything and everything that can be simmed.
  • ForcePunish
    19 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Nothing has changed with sim tickets. It's all about how many refreshes you do and what you farm. I have over 3700 and the number keeps on growing since I do two regular refreshes and two Cantina refreshes most days and I'm farming gear from 10 energy nodes and have been farming mods with Cantina energy, at least before Phoenix hit last night. I sim anything and everything that can be simmed.

So what you're saying is I slowed my spending and was punished for it?
  • Options
    I buy 2 refreshes in both regular energy and cantina everyday (sometimes not even the regular energy ones cause I can hit my 600 without it) and my sim tickets steadily go up, gear farming from only low energy nodes will obviously drain your supply but farming from higher costing nodes (or at least just a balance or cheap and expensive energy nodes) will allow you to either grow your stockpile or in the worst case just stay even from my experience

Jan 2016 shard
  • Options
    Well I sim'd as much as I could. To both contribute to my guild and farm gear. I also work full time so simming battles helps me a ton. So it would be nice for folks like me to have the option so we could continue to play this game. As it stands I'm gonna have to quit playing this game which is a shame.

your preaching to the choir about working a full time job. literally the only time i get to play the game is from the time i wake up until work starts at 8am and then again after 6pm when work is over, that would be with or without sim tickets.
    BSwoody87 wrote: »
    I have been playing this game for over two years and I had never had an issue with sim tickets until recently, I ran out. Since then I have noticed that the drop rates for sim tickets are averaging 1 for every 14 simulated battles. I noticed there is a set of sim tickets 20 for 30 crystals in the store, So I cant help but think this sudden change was geared towards making more money off of longtime players like me.If that is the case it is a sickening display of greed. When I view the changes made around simming battles in this game and the drop rates of sim tickets being lowered I can draw no different conclusions for it other than greed. So I ask EA and Capital Games, do we even need sim tickets? I've spent hundreds on this game in the 2 plus years I've played. I'm no mega whale but I feel like I've earned the right to an answer to this question at the very least.

I would quit playing if sim tickets were done away with. I don't want to play every single battle when I'm farming. That's crazy.

guess i'm crazy then. i can live with that.
  • ForcePunish
    19 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Cantina has huge diminishing returns on sim tickets. Regular is a little better but I can't just steer clear of low level battles and only use refreshes to farm which means I'm losing little by little all the time. My overall point remains; Why can't we just sim battles without sim tickets?