Time to rebalance the economics of the guild and fleet stores

Faroer
246 posts Member
edited June 2017
Unlike the cantina, arena, and Gw stores, the fleet and guild stores rotate different items into the same spots.

The number of ship types for fleet store, and of gear types for the guild store has remained constant since these stores launched many months ago.

The number of character shard types has more than doubled in guild store, and also increased in fleet store creating a de facto reduction in how often any particular shard can appear. The stores were originally balanced for the original number of toons gear and ships in them.

The balance for gear appearance and and balance of ship appearance per refresh remains fine as it remains how it was originally balanced. However the addition of so many more toons has thrown off the balance of toon appearance per refresh.

It would be a strong move for CG to address this, with this simplest fix being an additional 2 nodes for store exclusive toons to appear in both fleet and guild stores, similar to how nodes have been added in the gw, cantina, and arena stores.

Replies

• Options
    great idea!
  • Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    Agreed. Would be nice
  • Options
    But then no one would spend crystals refreshing them.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Baze, Nihilus, Krennic, & Shoretrooper all need to be appearing in the guild store, fleet store, or both.
  • Options
    Or they could just keep the toons behind a paywall.
  • Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    Other great idea: remove characters that are 7 star already. This would create a problem for those that want to farm shard shop currency, but I think it would worth it

You can just let people buy 75 shard shop currency direct from the various stores for 400. Ends up being the same has converting tokens -- then you clean up the stores as well.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    But then no one would spend crystals refreshing them.

ppl refresh the stores?
  • Options

They are not behind a paywall now. They are behind a time wall.
  • Mithious
    234 posts Member
    Options
    IMHO, I truly believe that once you have 7*'d a character there should be an option to turn off those characters shards in the shipment. It should basically be a bonus for those of us who have 7*'d those characters.
  • Options

They are not behind a paywall now. They are behind a time wall.

I know this.. EA is generous for allowing us to obtain them without shelling out wads of cash now. I'd rather have 4 different toons rotating on a single node 3x a day than pay $300-500 to 7* each.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    Other great idea: remove characters that are 7 star already. This would create a problem for those that want to farm shard shop currency, but I think it would worth it

You can just let people buy 75 shard shop currency direct from the various stores for 400. Ends up being the same has converting tokens -- then you clean up the stores as well.

I like this idea. Though for Guild Shop and Fleet shop, it does remove the "randomness" of having 7* toons available to pick shards from. Just before DN left the shard shop, I had plenty of guild currency but very few toons I had 7* showed up in the guild shop. I could be at least 5 shards further along. Which would be like, a week or so. :)

yes, I know the 33% drop rate. Just feels like 5 shards would take a week.
  • Options
    why are they making us do the conversion?...this makes too much sense to convert the currency directly to shards in the shard shop along with shards you may acquire through other methods.