How to play Phoenix?

Who to start with speed wise? what is the best order what to focus what skills, what to prioritize?

any specific skills to avoid lvling

any advice from someone who tests them or developed them would be greatly appreciated with thrawn coming in 5 days and speculation or theory crafting works as well

thank you!

Replies

• bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options
    I use Phoenix a lot in GW. If you are playing them as PURE Phoenix, there's a couple options:

1) If you go for Sabine, getting her to go FIRST actually won't benefit you as much. Why? Because most of the enemy in an even match-up will have TM near full. She gets those extra attacks when the target's TM is low.

2) Surprisingly, have Chopper at a decent Speed is helpful, mainly because he can dispel buffs right out of the gate and reduce TM on the enemy. Very good against, say, Baze.

3) You really, really want Ezra going as fast as possible. He gets so many attacks, especially when you mix in a Flourish. When he attacks, call Zeb, every time. You want to inflict that Daze and then convert that into a stun. Ezra can also use Flourish out of the gateto Dispel as well, so this is where I would max speed.

4) As far as skills are concerned, this is a no-brainer. Max every toon's unique skill as quickly as possible. Why? Because they ALL get the benefit with Hera as the lead. I maxed Kanan's unique first. I recommend you do too.

5) I avoided leveling Hera's non-unique skills first. Play to Strengths doesn't need much leveling. After that, I avoided Chopper's taunt. Fairly worthless skill to level since Kanan is the team taunter.

6) A play style I find useful is to always call Zeb for the assist with Ezra and Hera. Hit hits pretty hard but it is really about inflicting Daze and then turning that into Stun. I almost never use the protection up abilities of Kanan and Zeb and instead focus on dishing out the damage. They will regain that protection anyway.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Same as bolobaby but always call hera to assist, I have her gear 10, she does ~10k damage, ezra gear8, does 5k twice sometimes. They both gain tm and can deal up to 40k on a target pretty quick. If healthiest they get exposed and can do more damage. If they have armor crush from sabine even more. If they survive this their next attack is usually counter attacked and they die.

I like to hit aoe users with sabines darksaber. If they use their area attack all of phoenix squad has chance to counter attack

Sabines basic is strongest against enemies with low tm, her counter attacks are brutal as they just used all their tm. I use her darksaber as much as possible, only use bombs in special circumstances.

Focus on maxing basics and uniques before leveling other specials, except sabine focus on darksaber too.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    The super star here is Ezra tbh.
    I have been experimenting with thwm in GW and The speed order is
    Ezra
    Sabine
    Zeb
    Hera
    Kanan
    I do tend to call sabine for the faster kills but I will try that zeb strategy later.

My Ezra is on my Jedi arena team so he is the only one with A+ mods
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @bolobaby and @SolidStripes, thanks for the tips. Tbh, if not for Thrawn, I'd never even have looked at their skill sets. 1st, haven't watched rebels and don't like their cartoon looks. 2nd, they're not so OP that I will have to be forced to using them in arena. Your tips are now starting points for the Thrawn event. Your investment in Phoenix is going to help out quite a few folks.
    Post edited by Azraelrulez on
  • Options
    Thank you this has been very helpful, I will try to get them up to speed ^^ tyvm again
  • Options
    Great advice, thanks!
  • Options

You are welcome but got me confused with someone else. im SolidStripes not SolidSnake. I just joined and had no idea my unique name was similar to someone elses. Maybe I should change my name to something more unique like Mol Eliza. o:)
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Same as bolobaby but always call hera to assist, I have her gear 10, she does ~10k damage, ezra gear8, does 5k twice sometimes. They both gain tm and can deal up to 40k on a target pretty quick. If healthiest they get exposed and can do more damage. If they have armor crush from sabine even more. If they survive this their next attack is usually counter attacked and they die.

I like to hit aoe users with sabines darksaber. If they use their area attack all of phoenix squad has chance to counter attack

Sabines basic is strongest against enemies with low tm, her counter attacks are brutal as they just used all their tm. I use her darksaber as much as possible, only use bombs in special circumstances.

Focus on maxing basics and uniques before leveling other specials, except sabine focus on darksaber too.

I'll try calling Hera on the assist today in GW.
  • Options
    Advice on How to use the Phoenix Squadron from Star Wars Rebels:

1.) Don't use them.

2.) Still don't use them.

3.) Never ever use them.
  • Options
    It's been mentioned before and despite ATF not being in Phoenix it would of really helped Phoenix viability out. And would have been a good segway into the thrawn event
  • Options
    Advice on How to use the Phoenix Squadron from Star Wars Rebels:

1.) Don't use them.

2.) Still don't use them.

3.) Never ever use them.

That litterally made me laugh out loud. I,ll give that a Lol :D
  • Options
    bolobaby wrote: »

I'll try calling Hera on the assist today in GW.

Let me know how it works out. My hera is now 5* gear11, have had her 3* gear 10 up till now. So its obvious I'm going to use my most powerful as much as I can. And my zeb doesnt have the greatest potency, I used whatever mods I had.